Prospect Info: [2023 - 165th] Filip Eriksson (Allsvenskan - Nybro Vikings IF)

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Tommy Lehmann has been the Habs' amateur sccout in Sweden since the 2018-19 season.

Swedish players Habs have selected since:
1 - Norlinder (2019 3rd round)
2 - Engstrom (2022 3rd round)
3 - Eriksson (2023 6th round)

They also acquired Heineman in a trade while he was playing in the SHL. So it's reasonable to believe Lehmann was consulted on the player.

Norlinder hasn't panned out as expected.
Heineman doing well in Laval and has NHL potential.
Same with Engstrom.
Eriksson is having a good season in his D+1 year.
I see Heinemann being a solid hard playing 3rd liner with a helluva shot and can skate. Thinking Heinemann-Beck will be the foundation to that line. Add either Newhook of Roy perhaps if we draft a top talent to play with the top six in a couple years

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I see Heinemann being a solid hard playing 3rd liner with a helluva shot and can skate. Thinking Heinemann-Beck will be the foundation to that line. Add either Newhook of Roy perhaps if we draft a top talent to play with the top six in a couple years
What I don't see in Heineman is a very high hockey IQ...from watching all of the Laval games I don't see a future NHL regular. I hope I am wrong.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
What I don't see in Heineman is a very high hockey IQ...from watching all of the Laval games I don't see a future NHL regular. I hope I am wrong.
I find him better than Ylonen. He’s at least physical and not shy to go along the boards. I think it’s between him and Lias Anderson next year. If at all of course. I think RhP may have had his 15 minutes of fame too.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Filip Eriksson is quickly becoming one of my favorite dark horse prospects. He's very smart and the skill level is starting to show up in his offensive game, could be an insane late bloomer.

Imagine we got our own Zetterberg.

Tommy Lehman is Habs' Sweden scout. Since he was hired, Habs have selected Norlinder, Engstrom & Eriksson from Sweden. They also acquired Heineman from Calgary, but he was playing in the SHL when they got him.

Norlinder hasn't panned out as expected. But Engstrom is an exciting prospect. Eriksson is starting to make a mark. Heineman is in the AHL, but has NHL potential.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Tommy Lehman is Habs' Sweden scout. Since he was hired, Habs have selected Norlinder, Engstrom & Eriksson from Sweden. They also acquired Heineman from Calgary, but he was playing in the SHL when they got him.

Norlinder hasn't panned out as expected. But Engstrom is an exciting prospect. Eriksson is starting to make a mark. Heineman is in the AHL, but has NHL potential.

There were also rumors they were interested in Lekkerimaki, who just had himself a very nice season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There were also rumors they were interested in Lekkerimaki, who just had himself a very nice season.

Yes. I remember.

There were reports at the combine that the Habs took Lekkerimaki for supper. So when they acquired the 13th overall selection from the Isles for Romanov, I thought it was to possibly select Lekkerimaki. We know how that went with acquiring Dach.

But you're right in pointing out. If they took Lekkerimaki for supper, there was interest. And Lehman surely played a role in scouting him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Eriksson continuing to draw praise:

1713530397279.png

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Definitely exceeded my expectations. Had him completely written off as another Westin waste of a pick.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I guess he is seen as top6 prospect the way he plays. If a 6th rounder makes it to NHL top 6 that would be a huge achievement.

I don't see how that qualifies as "steal of all steals". Most drafts have 6th round NHLer.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why? Habs never had anybody from 6th round make it. He's getting a lot of glowing scouting reports

What?

Even you limit to the 6th round only and not 6+: Keith Acton, Mike McPhee, Donald Dufresne, Craig Conroy, Oleg Petrov, Darcy Tucker, Brett Clark, Andrei Markov, Matt D'agostini, Michael Pezzetta

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Most of them 40 years ago. Draft changed a lot since then.

He wasn't 6th round

I think you need to actually check things out before posting because both things you said are wrong (again).

Keith Acton: 46 years ago (1978)
Mike McPhee: 44 years ago (1980)

Donald Dufresne: 39 years ago (1985)
Craig Conroy: 34 years ago (1990)
Oleg Petrov: 33 years ago (1991)
Darcy Tucker: 31 years ago (1993)

Brett Clark: 28 years ago (1996)
Andrei Markov (162nd overall, 6th round): 26 years ago (1998)

Matt D'agostini: 19 years ago (2005)

Michael Pezzetta: 8 years ago (2016)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad