Prospect Info: [2023 - 165th] Filip Eriksson (Allsvenskan - Nybro Vikings IF)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This reminds me of the Vejdemo pick a bit. A guy who had success at the J20 level but lost most of his draft season to an injury and ended up under the radar. Eriksson has a lot more tools though, he's more of a homerun swing.
Hopefully his draft+1 can be like Engstrom.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Regarding Filip Eriksson, I know it's a small sample size right now, but is it normal for a 19 year old kid to be playing 18-20 minutes a game in the Allsvenskan league? He's over a PPG for the time being at 19 (Turned in November), and seems to be heavily relied on.

Curious if anyone has watched him play.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Regarding Filip Eriksson, I know it's a small sample size right now, but is it normal for a 19 year old kid to be playing 18-20 minutes a game in the Allsvenskan league? He's over a PPG for the time being at 19 (Turned in November), and seems to be heavily relied on.

Curious if anyone has watched him play.

He played in the SHL earlier this year too.. he's a smart player, good vision, there might be something there.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The sample size for now is too small, but he is leading U20 scorers in PPG by a considerable margin. Looking forward to seeing how his production shapes up over the next 20 games.

Yeah it's worth following. Filip Forsberg had 33 in 38 in his D+1 year. I think Eriksson is slightly older and there is obviously less hype / tools to project his NHL future, but it's encouraging to see that producing and playing big minutes in Allsvenskan isn't the norm for a 19 y/o.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
It is extremely hard to scout these kids who play in Europe and are born Oct-Dec. Just like Engstrom and Eriksson, they were eligible for draft, but they cannot play those international U18 tournament which are attended by all scouts.
Many of them are not yet established in pro team (which is totally understandable) and "only" play in juniors. So they are in a vacuum and can fly under the radar.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It is extremely hard to scout these kids who play in Europe and are born Oct-Dec. Just like Engstrom and Eriksson, they were eligible for draft, but they cannot play those international U18 tournament which are attended by all scouts.
Many of them are not yet established in pro team (which is totally understandable) and "only" play in juniors. So they are in a vacuum and can fly under the radar.

In Eriksson's case he also sustained a large injury last year, so limited viewings.

Great eye by the Swedish scout to pluck this kid out.. Engstrom the previous year. We might finally have someone competent scouting there.

Norlinder might not work out ultimately but I don't think we can say he was a bad pick in the 3rd round.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Quite a change in production after he switched leagues
It's even crazier when he's the only PPG player on his team. Also, already 7th in scoring (equals to two others) on said team despite only playing 1/4 of the games everyone else played.

Either he's playing very solo (but he has more assists than goals) or his SHL team wasn't using him much compared to this one.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's even crazier when he's the only PPG player on his team. Also, already 7th in scoring (equals to two others) on said team despite only playing 1/4 of the games everyone else played.

Either he's playing very solo (but he has more assists than goals) or his SHL team wasn't using him much compared to this one.
Are there any former NHLers in this league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad