Prospect Info: [2023 - 165th] Filip Eriksson (Allsvenskan - Nybro Vikings IF)

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I don’t mind that pick, finally a forward and seems to have some upside. Nothing crazy in terms of stats, but if an injury did stop him from showing more I wonder how he will look next season.

If the same guy who pounded on the table for Engstrom and Nurmi did it for him, I’m willing to listen. Those two picks last year only trended up this year.

I really wonder if they had a combine with European skaters to see some of them up close to judge their skill/speed.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Interesting pick. 6th round it's worth a shot. He's playing SHL next year, so his coaches obviously like him despite playing 13 games all year.

Type of player you should take at this stage of draft.
He was injured (scaphoid fracture) for most of the season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Warming up to the pick before I saw him play though. Still...at that rank...a player PPG that lacked exposure because of injury might not be a bad bet.

Reactions: bopeep and viceroy

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He will get draft next year no doubt about that

I think we will regret not taking a flyer on him in the 7th round
We got a pretty good pick in the 7th in Mittlestadt. I wonder if the Habs might invite Tourigny to rookie camp.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
This one is a total roll of the dice, just not enough data on him to really have a strong opinion, but what little is there is promising.

And at that point in the draft it's good to gamble like this, why not. Give it a year and we will see if there's anything to be excited about.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This reminds me of the Vejdemo pick a bit. A guy who had success at the J20 level but lost most of his draft season to an injury and ended up under the radar. Eriksson has a lot more tools though, he's more of a homerun swing.

Reactions: bleuetbio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad