Red Sox/MLB 2022 Regular Season IV - RED SOX 7-19 IN JULY (50-52) - Now in LAST place

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yeh not sure how anyone who pays even moderately close attention can compare the Red Sox organization to Rays or A’s.

Not even close - on the field 4 WS wins in 15 yrs to zero and 1 Billion spent last 4 years to peanuts

Tony Mazz seems to say daily on the radio we don't want to be the rays

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
You guys are willfully ignorant at this point.
from an outside perspective, i think you're seeing the effects on hte fandom of all 4 Boston teams being somewhere between great and really good for the last 15-20 years. So many fans in that region don't remember (or have never really experienced) their teams struggling and don't know how to live through an actual rebuild.

Tony Mazz seems to say daily on the radio we don't want to be the rays
what position does he hold in the organization?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
How are the Rays not a model franchise?

They've basically been a 95-win team for five straight seasons with a payroll that's a fraction of what their competitors spend.

They're absolutely remarkable.
Ok, I give up; why are they not a model franchise? I think they are based on what you said, 95 W for 5 straight seasons, that's enough for me, and I am not a baseball fan.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

They've basically been a 95-win team for five straight seasons with a payroll that's a fraction of what their competitors spend.

With zero championships.

As others stated in here. Comparing them to the Red Sox is laughable

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

So you would think copying their franchise model + adding money would be the goal.

And we’re on our way to it.

Reactions: dangermike

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Thoughts @LouJersey? JDM only. JDM + Vasquez?

Vientos? What’s the plus?

Do the Mets have an expendable catching prospect? I feel that’s a big hole for the Red Sox.

Vasquez I could see. Martinez would be sweet but they just got Vogelsbach and naquin. Maybe Vientos, senger/Meyer and big leaguer JD Davis? Davis hits balls super hard when he hits and analytics guys seem to like him

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Arroyo/Rich Hill should be back either soon or this upcoming week; both were on rehab @ AA Portland; Hill is scheduled as the starter Tuesday @ Houston

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
First time at Fenway since October 2013. I'm stunned it's been that long...

Not bad seats for $60.

PXL_20220729_221328426.jpg

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Mookie says heh.

Pants pissing? Stay off my couch!

I think it was early on that Betts didn’t want to be here. I wish the return was showing more. I wish he was still here. However, I don’t fault the Sox from moving him. He was leaving regardless.

Bogaerts feels different. He wants to be here.

Donnie. I missed your posts. But you’re going at it with CDJ a lot in here. He’s my best friend, yknow. You guys are good posters.

I wouldn’t do that to your couch.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I think it was early on that Betts didn’t want to be here. I wish the return was showing more. I wish he was still here. However, I don’t fault the Sox from moving him. He was leaving regardless.

Bogaerts feels different. He wants to be here.

Donnie. I missed your posts. But you’re going at it with CDJ a lot in here. He’s my best friend, yknow. You guys are good posters.

I wouldn’t do that to your couch.
I have never met either of you face to face. Just posting opinions like everyone else.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad