Red Sox/MLB 2022 Regular Season IV - RED SOX 7-19 IN JULY (50-52) - Now in LAST place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Crazy how the Red Sox medical staff didn't detect the fracture, but Story seeking a second opinion because of pain is where they found it.

What a mickey mouse organization.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Benintendi trade and also Renfroe for friggen JBJ who we knew 100% was not going to hit his weight were both pretty stupid deals.

This years team fell apart when the entire rotation was out and I think the AL East is too good regardless for us to compete. No clue what next year will look like.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You can try and play mental gymnastics as much as you want. That's the reality of what just happened.

He could've been here longer than he was if Chaim Bloom and the front office wanted to actually...you know...reward the young talent they develop and pay them rather than look for any minor excuse to trade them for a bag of magic beans.

The difference is that Trevor Story can only hit well in Coors Field. Kyle Schwarber can hit well in all 30 MLB parks.

Story drove in plenty of runs I'll take that over Xander only getting hits with 2 outs nobody on and wanting 30 mil per when he's finished as a SS and doesn't have a position.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gotta fire Duran into the sun

How is this org constantly so inept when it comes to injuries too? Great first impression left on story by the medical team….

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Is this the process?

I think the process is acquiring prospect depth and building a strong farm / a consistent flow of talent that leads you to only need to target the better talent during free agency + trading when needed.

The Rays franchise with money is the Red Sox potential. They pay the guys they think are worth paying and always have a steady influx of talent.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I think the process is acquiring prospect depth and building a strong farm / a consistent flow of talent that leads you to only need to target the better talent during free agency + trading when needed.

The Rays franchise with money is the Red Sox potential. They pay the guys they think are worth paying and always have a steady influx of talent.
This sounds like Adam Division Winner banner thinking to me.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This season physically pains ms. We should not be this bad. Terrible defense has cost us games. Terrible plate discipline. Not taking advantage when runners are on base. Cora leaving in pitchers too long. Putting in bad pitchers. Bad baserunning. Terrible defense i just had to say that again. I just...I don't understand.

It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse out there.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
At the plate, best case scenario is that he’s Dave Kingman v2.0

Hunter Renfroe will be available this winter. He’s been rock solid for Milwaukee this year. You ain’t getting him for $3mil this time around, however…
The return for Mookie Betts, the Benintendi return, trading Renfroe for JBJ, flushing 10m down the toilet on James Paxton while also seeing Wacha and Hill get hurt....where does it end? But at least we got to see Bello, Winckowski and Seabold get shelled.

It's put up or shut up time now. This season is over. Start selling ASAP.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don’t though. I think it’s a philosophy that should lead to always being in it. It starts at the bottom and works up. It takes some time.
Nope it doesn't. Not when you have money. I was told we want to be the Andrew Friedman Dodgers. From the minute he took over they have won the division every year except for last year where they still won over 100 games.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The return for Mookie Betts, the Benintendi return, trading Renfroe for JBJ, flushing 10m down the toilet on James Paxton while also seeing Wacha and Hill get hurt....where does it end? But at least we got to see Bello, Winckowski and Seabold get shelled.

It's put up or shut up time now. This season is over. Start selling ASAP.

Bello pitched very well this last time out. He’s gotten better every start. Is he ready? Nope. But this has been a good taste and I think he’ll be better for it.

Same for those players getting experience. Last year gave the team higher expectations than they were ready for. Just going to have to suck it up for the rest of this season.

Sox should sell. Continue to let Bloom build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad