Red Sox/MLB 2022 Regular Season IV - RED SOX 7-19 IN JULY (50-52) - Now in LAST place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Xander doesn't drive in runs he just gets a lot of 2 out hits with nobody on base. I am also not sure that whatever offer he is looking for is out there from another team. I bet he'll be like Story and one of those FA still unsigned into February.

I actually think this team will win a bunch of games in August and September and have a good shot at second wild card. We still don't have our staff back.
I'll take what you're smoking

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If Boston lets Bogaerts leave but signs in the off-season Correa, Turner or Swansby — and also re-signs devers, what would you say?
First of all I was really referring to the "will win a lot of games and be in the 2nd wild card hunt" but I do not under any circumstances expect what you are saying. I am fully expecting Story at SS and then up in the air on whether they sign Devers.

In his first few seasons with the Dodgers, Andrew Friedman traded Matt Kemp, Dee Gordon, and Juan Uribe. He let Hanley Ramirez, and reigning Cy Young Award winner Zack Grienke leave as free agents.
And he won the division every year. He didn't have two giant wet fart seasons that Chaim has had. The Dodgers comparison needs to stop. There is no comparison. Chaim can go fetch Friedman a coffee.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
First of all I was really referring to the "will win a lot of games and be in the 2nd wild card hunt" but I do not under any circumstances expect what you are saying. I am fully expecting Story at SS and then up in the air on whether they sign Devers.

And he won the division every year. He didn't have two giant wet fart seasons that Chaim has had. The Dodgers comparison needs to stop. There is no comparison. Chaim can go fetch Friedman a coffee.

Not every situation is 100% the same.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Basically.

And as much as I like Juan, I can't say yes to that.
If you could guarantee that he signs long term? I would do it with no hesitation. I'm tired of falling in love with prospects when we have zero idea if it will translate at big league level. If you have the prospects to trade for Juan Soto you do it. Again, provided he agrees to a deal. If not, then ok fine you don't do it. Not when you suck like the Red Sox do.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There are entire MLB franchises (The A’s, Rays, etc) who can’t handle the property tax I have to pay on the real estate I own in Jonnydukes brain and it’s kind of sad. Should they even have franchises?

• Love
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
There are entire MLB franchises (The A’s, Rays, etc) who can’t handle the property tax on the real estate I own in Jonnydukes brain and it’s kind of sad. Should they even have franchises?
Cute, let's see how many likes you get from your worker bees!

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
And not every GM is 100% the same. Just stop with the narrative that the Red Sox are on their way to becoming the Dodgers. We are not even close. Not in the same galaxy.
Dodgers NL west model does not translate to back east. St. Louis Cardinals' perennial contender model franchise of homegrown roster of athletes, and the occasional big name signing, can produce the magic carpet ride we seek.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Dodgers NL west does not translate to back east. St. Louis Cardinals' perennial contender model franchise of homegrown roster of athletes, and the occasional big name signing, can produce the magic carpet ride we seek.
Hey I am just going off what we have been fed for a couple years now. It very clearly has not translated here.

St. Louis is 13th in payroll. The Red Sox should never, ever be that low.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Are you suggesting that because the Rays have yet to win a World Series with a bottom 5 payroll that other teams shouldn't use their model?
They fail to realize that the guy who basically built the ‘Rays Method’ is now running the dodgers and wow look what happened a World Series and consistent contending

I don’t even want to call it the ‘rays method’- it’s literally just about building the deepest possible organization. That’s it. Gotta build from the base on up.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I was directly responding to someone who claimed that the Dodgers didn't trade stars or let free agents walk.

That's clearly false.

And while we're at it, let's acknowledge that Bloom walked into a more difficult situation than Freidman did. There was far less in the farm system, there were more awful contracts, and he's playing in a tougher division than the NL West was in the mid 2010s.

But I think he's generally got the right idea in terms of the road map to get the Red Sox to the point where they can be perennial contenders.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This is entirely disingenuous. You and others let us know that we are trying to be like the Andrew Friedman led Dodgers. Friedman took over after 2014 season. Here are the Dodgers results under him:

2015: 92-70 (won division)
2016: 91-71 (won division)
2017: 104-58 (won division)
2018: 92-71 (won division)
2019: 106-56 (won division)
2020: 43-17 (won division)
2021: 106-56 (playoffs)
2022: 64-30 (first place)

Chaim Bloom can't hold Andrew Friedman's jock.
Bump.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cute, let's see how many likes you get from your worker bees!

5DEBFA34-1546-4996-88E3-F3628E36C947.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The return for Mookie Betts, the Benintendi return, trading Renfroe for JBJ, flushing 10m down the toilet on James Paxton while also seeing Wacha and Hill get hurt....where does it end? But at least we got to see Bello, Winckowski and Seabold get shelled.

It's put up or shut up time now. This season is over. Start selling ASAP.
Or we can just focus on this. Chaim has made Chaim's job more difficult.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Hey I am just going off what we have been fed for a couple years now. It very clearly has not translated here.

St. Louis is 13th in payroll. The Red Sox should never, ever be that low.
St. Louis won 17 straight games last season with that payroll. Dodgers and their $285 million payroll lost to Braves in NLCS. Did Dodgers' kid honcho Andrew Friedman misappropriate those owner funds?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
St. Louis won 17 straight games last season with that payroll. Dodgers and their $285 million payroll lost to Braves in 2021. Did Dodgers' kid honcho Andrew Friedman misappropriate those funds?
I have no idea what you're talking about. I am not obsessed with Andrew Friedman like others are. I don't give a flying f about the Cardinals either. They had a good team with a mid tier payroll. Yay, good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad