Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs- Part 6 - The NBA Finals - Celtics go back to Boston trailing 3-2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think that I read also that instead of overdriving to the basket, he should pull up, along those lines. Ime said he thinks Tatum is hunting for fouls. Sorry if I have this incorrect.

Well what I think is he does too much bs when he drives. Just go straight to the rim and go through the contact and you’ll get calls. He f***s around too much in the air. I haven’t seen him really attack the basket since Giannis took him out on that dunk

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Tatum doesn't get a great whistle for a top 10 player but he also needs to go through players when he drives, he tries to avoid contact or bait fouls way too much for a guy his size. Jimmy Butler is how any wing his size or bigger that can handle the ball should be attacking the basket, he shoots a lot of free throws because of how hard he attacks the basket and creates contact. This isn't the Bucks series where there's always length around the rim making it difficult and forcing you to chuck 3s. The Warriors have a good defense but a soft interior, bottom 10 team in the league for opponents fg% at the rim. The Warriors are trying to make Tatum go on his off hand when he drives and he's letting them because he won't go through Draymond or Looney, he's not going to get a lot of free throws when he plays that way.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Am I just watching games with green-tinted glasses or does Tatum get absolutely zero help from the refs?

He misses more layups than any star player I've seen but he's getting bumped and hacked and doesn't draw any fouls when he drives into the lane compared to a Butler or even Wiggins.
Honestly half the time he is complaining there is no foul. They will show the replay and the call is marginal at best. I know everyone complains, but I think he does himself no favors by complaining about every call. He also goes into stretches were he is not attacking the basket, so I don't know how he is expecting to get calls when not going to the hoop. His FTA are up from the regular season not sure what else there is to complain about

Reactions: Maine Fan

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Tatum and Brown play well and they win. That simple. Curry had the game of his life in Game 3 and the Celtics would have won if those two guys played well.

What's funny though is that I don't think it matters who wins tonight. Seems destined for 7 since the Celtics seem to require maximum pressure to be eliminated or eliminate someone. No killer instinct. Total Jekyll & Hyde team.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Tony f***ing Brothers. Sigh.

We'll lets get into Draymonds head and hope he snaps at Tony and gets those techs!

Key here. Don't play like a dickhead, and don't go looking for fouls coughTatumcough. You wanna be a superstar? Well show up tonight.

No turnovers. Hard d. Shoot the ball well. No bad shots. No chucking up 3's for fun. Dig deep. Play hard. Just win.

Believe.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
All Celtics hands on the floor for this one. No, wait. RW III may not play. Don't go looking for fouls. Shoot the ball with accuracy. Don't get into foul trouble. Don't turn over the ball while dribbling. Don't turn over the ball while passing it. Play as the team. Just play a full 60 minutes at 100%.

Am I asking for too much? I don't think so because they have done the above before more than once.

Go Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad