Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs- Part 6 - The NBA Finals - Celtics go back to Boston trailing 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'd almost be upset/concerned at this point if they hadn't already blown numerous games these playoff
That's just it. Winning games 4 and 6 in Milwaukee and game 7 in Miami...this team will fight till the end. But if they come up short it's because they simply lack a killer instinct and ability to execute when trying to put a game away.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
This basically comes down to being two players short . When is the last time they closed out a close game? I means closed it out, not hung on by the skin of their teeth. I would say game 6 in Milwaukee and about twice all season. They always fatigue in the last five minutes and an inexperienced coach does not help.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Curry is curry, he's getting 30+ a night.

Wiggins is what killed Boston..so many second chance points because no one would box him out.

Andrew freaking Wiggins should not be putting up a 17 point 17 rebound stat line.

Boston had no answer for the double big lineup of Looney/Wiggins tonight at all.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I hope they have a long flight and figure that shit out. Tatum needs to pull his head out of his ass. I'm sure his shoulder injury is bothering him. But that's no excuse. Get that killer instinct. The team can't afford you going cold. This team WILL bounce back and will win this thing.

But man, are they frustrating to watch.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Curry is curry, he's getting 30+ a night.

Wiggins is what killed Boston..so many second chance points because no one would box him out.

Andrew freaking Wiggins should not be putting up a 17 point 17 rebound stat line.

Boston had no answer for the double big lineup of Looney/Wiggins tonight at all.
Also defended Tatum well.

Tatum can’t be losing these matchups as a supposed top5 player in the league, he needs to push through.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Honestly I feel like I am watching Pasta when it comes to Tatum, both star players that just don’t have another gear in playoffs. They are who they are. They aren’t horrible just never really have dominate performances. I just want to see more killer instincts from both of them

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
But they gave this one away, that is what bothering most of us here tonight.

Tough to read
So they did it in the 4th quarter instead of the 3rd tonight. What happened tonight isn’t surprising in the least.

I never expected them to win tonight.

Warriors only have Steph and Wiggins at this point. Draymond is too consumed with himself and Klay is too concerned with the mean fans yelling at him.

They will make the adjustments. I’ll be more concerned if they do this on Monday.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
GS played very well on D tonight also. Tough loss, but we are in the Finals & whichever team wins 2 games are champions.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
GS played very well on D tonight also. Tough loss, but we are in the Finals & whichever team wins 2 games are champions.
Yep.

+20 from Wiggins and Looney. Celtics had no answer for it.

16 BOS TOs that led to 19 GSW points
16 OREB for GSW that also led to 19 Points.

That's your ballgame right there.

The Celtics blueprint for losing is so predictable, I don't understand how it keeps happening.

Less than 15 turnovers? 14-2
16 or more? 0-6

Reactions: quietbruinfan

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
The Celtics in the final 7:30 of the game scored 6 points and shot 2 for 12 taking 8 three pointers. Dumbest good team in the league. They are 3-6 following a win since the start of the Bucks series. A team in the finals shouldn't make it as difficult for themselves as the C's do. Tatum is supposed to be the best player on this team and a superstar in the league and there's been at least 5 players better than him in this series. He's shooting 27% from 2 this series, when he's still hitting shots from 3 that just feels like someone who's playing soft and not wanting to fight through contact on his drives.

The Celtics are the better team and should be winning the championship but letting the greatest shooter in league history get wide open 3 after another because Al Horford is 15 feet away every time they run a high screen or screen handoff is killing them. Curry has to carry them to win this series. Stop making it easy for him!

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Ime needs to explain why bigs aren’t following up on screens on the perimeter. I cannot believe it’s a game plan but it happens every possession so it has to be. If it is, it’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen on a basketball court.

Reactions: Mione134

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
They basically have no one down low and Smart and White are role players. I would go out and trade for Brogdon to pair with White tomorrow if I could. Unfortunately, even if they trade Smart for steroid cheat Collins or someone, they are still a pg plus short and the cap does not work. It's a shame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad