Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs- Part 6 - The NBA Finals - Celtics go back to Boston trailing 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Feel pretty good that Steph won’t repeat that performance. Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap and move on to the next one

Celtics in 6.

Also I have a hard time saying a guy with 23-11-6 with good defense “no-showed”. He’s had a hand in like half the teams buckets this series, saying he’s no-showing displays a fundamental lack of knowledge of what’s happening out there. If anything he’s impressing me with how he’s impacting games when his shot isn’t falling at its usual rate. Playmaking efficiency WAY up. Tonight wasn’t a great performance, you’re not gonna have them every night when you’re the focal point against an elite defensive team!!!

And if I was building a team there are absolutely not 5 players I would take over Tatum, and I bet you’d find that to be pretty unanimous across the board league-wide. The list for me is Giannis and maybe Doncic (conditioning + defense concern me there, phenomenal talent though). No on Booker, no on Jokic, no on Ja. No on Embiid. The lack of respect he gets from this fan base is PREPOSTEROUS. You do not see it in any other market with a bonafide young star. Like these fools don’t understand the game at all and think he’s not a winner, he’s been to multiple ECF and the finals at a young age and if he wins he got a ring before Lebron/Giannis/kawhi/Jordan/I could go forever. Appreciate what you have. Stop being spoiled babies. They’re in a best of 3 for the NBA title against a dynasty and were the 11 seed halfway through the year.

Still impacting the game in a huge way.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

page.jpg
FU8nhldWQAEoJ2d.jpg
FU8nhldWQAEoJ2d.jpg

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I loved them geme 3 didn’t last night but see a bounce back game 5 and close out game 6

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I am going to say this: They probably lost due to the turnovers and offensive rebounds, but it‘s tough to win when your superstar cannot match your opponents best player. They somehow got by Giannis and Butler, who were the best players and now are matched up against Curry, who has clearly been outplaying everyone. Troublesome is that Tatum cannot even match/outplay Brown, who has been great, but not exceptional for what is expected of him.

The Celtics as a team are so good that it hasn‘t mattered this post-season yet, but in the NBA usually the team with the best player wins.

With that being said: If a team can win on the road, it‘s the Celtics. Let‘s see if the wear and tear shows for the older team over these next 2/3 games.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
That's the main facet that's been frustrating to me this series so far, the Celtics are the better team but their (supposed) best player in Tatum hasn't looked as good as he has shown he can be and it's a big reason why they lost the 2 games they have. Curry is crushing them and he hasn't been able to match.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I know no one is listening, but the opposing pg is averaging 35 points a game, the team is having trouble with turnovers, offensive stagnation and closing.
You can blame Tatum for some of the closing problem, but all the other problems rest squarely on the point guards. Upgrade on Smart and get rid of his massive ego while you are at it.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Celtics have now but themselves in a spot were they have to either win two games in a row or two games on the road (3 out of 4 at GS)

Last edited:

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Feel pretty good that Steph won’t repeat that performance. Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap and move on to the next one
Steph has been shooting great all series. If they keep going under screens or the big is 15ft away on any switch he's going to keep shooting like he has. Those shots are too easy for the greatest shooter of all time. He's doing it without another player also having a great scoring game with him so he might not even have to if someone else steps up for them.

Tatum had a great game 1 despite shooting terrible but you can't rely on Smart, Horford and White dropping 65 on insane efficiency every game, if the role players aren't shooting lights out then Tatum needs to step up. Tatum is bigger than everyone besides Looney in the Warriors rotation and he's somehow shooting 27% from 2 in the series, he should be driving through players on the Warriors until they either start trying to draw charges or change how they defend him. The criticism doesn't mean you would trade Tatum for Luguentz Dort but he's supposed to be a star who's next in line to be a superstar and in the finals he's playing more like a 2nd or 3rd option depending on how stacked the team is.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Steph has been shooting great all series. If they keep going under screens or the big is 15ft away on any switch he's going to keep shooting like he has. Those shots are too easy for the greatest shooter of all time. He's doing it without another player also having a great scoring game with him so he might not even have to if someone else steps up for them.

Tatum had a great game 1 despite shooting terrible but you can't rely on Smart, Horford and White dropping 65 on insane efficiency every game, if the role players aren't shooting lights out then Tatum needs to step up. Tatum is bigger than everyone besides Looney in the Warriors rotation and he's somehow shooting 27% from 2 in the series, he should be driving through players on the Warriors until they either start trying to draw charges or change how they defend him. The criticism doesn't mean you would trade Tatum for Luguentz Dort but he's supposed to be a star who's next in line to be a superstar and in the finals he's playing more like a 2nd or 3rd option depending on how stacked the team is.

Weird that a teams 2nd or 3rd option is tied for leading the team in scoring this series and is leading in assists.

The 3-17 murdered his shooting% in a small sample, he’s been a little off with his shot otherwise but not to an alarming degree. It’s weird how efficient he’s been from 3 and how inefficient he’s been from 2 but the double is coming pretty much every time he tries to do anything within the arc. Warriors have been pretty good about funneling him into traffic.

It’s probably why he’s averaging 8 assists a game though. He’s getting a lot of ppl open looks based off the warriors coverage of him

They did the same thing to Doncic, I think he shot like 40% against them himself. Just gotta tip your cap and give the warriors (mostly Steph) credit, they outplayed them in winning time

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Am I just watching games with green-tinted glasses or does Tatum get absolutely zero help from the refs?

He misses more layups than any star player I've seen but he's getting bumped and hacked and doesn't draw any fouls when he drives into the lane compared to a Butler or even Wiggins.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Am I just watching games with green-tinted glasses or does Tatum get absolutely zero help from the refs?

He misses more layups than any star player I've seen but he's getting bumped and hacked and doesn't draw any fouls when he drives into the lane compared to a Butler or even Wiggins.
i’ve been saying the same thing since the beginning. if he got half the calls it would’ve been a sweep but he goes to the rim gets hacked and gets nothing.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
i’ve been saying the same thing since the beginning. if he got half the calls it would’ve been a sweep but he goes to the rim gets hacked and gets nothing.
Guys like Lebron and Kawhi get the superstar treatment with calls, which everyone knows. Tatum can't seem to draw anything. Either he's very sloppy when going up for layups and vulnerable to being cleanly stripped of the ball or the refs don't respect him. And it's not even a Warriors defense thing, the exact same treatment happened against Miami and Milwaukee.

And I wouldn't be as upset if it wasn't the opposite on the other end of the court. And not even Curry because he stays outside. It's Wiggins, their 3rd or 4th shooting option who goes into the paint and it's automatically a foul on the Celtics.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

He gets a ridiculous lack of respect from refs and it’s entirely undeserved. And ppl can’t say it’s because he complains to the refs, that’s literally every star in the league aside from maybe Giannis. You’re supposed to lobby for calls.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

He gets no respect from the refs, I have been saying this for a couple of years.

He gets a ridiculous lack of respect from refs and it’s entirely undeserved. And ppl can’t say it’s because he complains to the refs, that’s literally every star in the league aside from maybe Giannis. You’re supposed to lobby for calls.
I read today that Ime said Tatum should try to develop & use his floater more.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He gets no respect from the refs, I have been saying this for a couple of years.

I read today that Ime said Tatum should try to develop & use his floater more.

He’s got good touch, that would be a great weapon to develop

Reactions: pgm16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad