Speculation: 2022 Offseason Roster Discussion

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Saw on the prospect's board talk of the Traverse City prospects tourney coming up. We're not in that this year (weren't last year either), but hopefully we get a few games with some other farm teams soon. Need to scratch my hockey itch and pre-season is still so far away.
We had Boqvist and Dach injured from Traverse city i believe thanks to certain teams bringing in guys who were goons in the CHL that had no real prospect of playing in the NHL. Columbus when they had zero farm talent had one of their useless bums hurt Zadina the year before too.

Not upset that we are missing out since any team with a weak ass frm system may just bring a random bruiser there and its just not worth it.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
We had Boqvist and Dach injured from Traverse city i believe thanks to certain teams bringing in guys who were goons in the CHL that had no real prospect of playing in the NHL. Columbus when they had zero farm talent had one of their useless bums hurt Zadina the year before too.

Not upset that we are missing out since any team with a weak ass frm system may just bring a random bruiser there and its just not worth it.
Pretty sure Dach was hurt by a minnesota “prospect” the first year they switched to the minnesota tournament

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Any love for signing Sonny Milano? 26 years old, 14 goals last year, maybe an easy flip at the TDL or keep him in the fold if he does well?

As well as Anton Strahlman? He averaged 21 min a game last year and is the type of D that teams would love at the TDL

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Any love for signing Sonny Milano? 26 years old, 14 goals last year, maybe an easy flip at the TDL or keep him in the fold if he does well?

As well as Anton Strahlman? He averaged 21 min a game last year and is the type of D that teams would love at the TDL
Someone would have to go on waivers to accommodate Milano. Totally fine if that someone is Reese Johnson. Or if they anticipate having to terminate Katchouk's contract.

A D-man would also have to go on waivers to accommodate Stralman which would be very unlikely.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Someone would have to go on waivers to accommodate Milano. Totally fine if that someone is Reese Johnson. Or if they anticipate having to terminate Katchouk's contract.

A D-man would also have to go on waivers to accommodate Stralman which would be very unlikely.
I would be fine with Reese going on waivers as well, but he is a KD signing. Hardman was signed by SB, he could be an option to open up a spot.

Do you see or want Reichel in the NHL full-time this year or playing down on The Rock?

Capfriendly has Reichel and Vlasic on the roster. I would imagine they are better off starting the season in Rockford instead?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would be fine with Reese going on waivers as well, but he is a KD signing. Hardman was signed by SB, he could be an option to open up a spot.

Do you see or want Reichel in the NHL full-time this year or playing down on The Rock?

Capfriendly has Reichel and Vlasic on the roster. I would imagine they are better off starting the season in Rockford instead?
Hardman is exempt from waivers so I expect him to be in Rockford. That keeps the roster at 13 forwards (Reichel included). Personally I think Reichel will be full-time with the Hawks. Of course his quality of play will dictate that, but he seems ready.

Vlasic will definitely be in Rockford. Jones, Jones, McCabe, Stillman, Murphy, Johnson, and Mitchell. That's 7.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Domi-Toews-Raddysh
Athanasiou-Reichel-Kane
Kurashev-Lafferty-T. Johnson
Katchouk-Blackwell-Entwistle
R. Johnson

Jones-Jones
McCabe-Murphy
Johnson-Mitchell
Stillman

Mrazek
Stalock

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Sonny Milano doesn't meet the age requirement for the rebuilding team - he is too old - 26 now means 31 when the team will (hopefully) be emerging from the pupa stage of the rebuild. Could he be used as a TDL asset? In principle yes but in reality I don't see it because he would have to be more valuable to other GMs than he appears to be right now - plus the Hawks already have more potential TDL trade assets than they would reasonably be able to move.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
The problem with Milano is that there's only so much money to go around and no one wants to pay for a guy who's had one decent year in the league. Milano, you'd imagine, wants to cash in as high as possible at this point. Couldn't blame him. He'll sign some where on a cheap deal eventually.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The problem with Milano is that there's only so much money to go around and no one wants to pay for a guy who's had one decent year in the league. Milano, you'd imagine, wants to cash in as high as possible at this point. Couldn't blame him. He'll sign some where on a cheap deal eventually.
I don't think he's holding out for money at this point. None left anywhere. He's gotta be looking for the best opportunity.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad