Speculation: 2022 Offseason Roster Discussion

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
A Sox fan? … I knew I didn’t like you. 😉

Honestly I’m technically a Cub fan but I don’t watch baseball. It’s just too boring. Remember (Cubs) when guys like Jenkins or Krukow or Ruthven were on a complete 9 inning game took less than 2 hours and 2:30 was the norm. Now? 4 hours?

Yeah I'm not much of a baseball fan either, not really NBA either. I've been a diehard Hawks and Bears fan all my life, otherwise I only jump on the bandwagon when the Sox are good or when MJ was winning championships. I'm not a Cubs hating Sox fan though - I'm a Chicago fan and root for all Chicago teams when they're playing exceptionally well - like DePaul back in the day and I couple times when NW football popped out of obscurity for a season here and there. I was happy when the Cubs won after like a million years or whatever it was. My son is a big Cubs fan (must have got those genes from his mother).

Reactions: Space umpire

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Yeah between caring what’s only best for him in regards to the state and direction of the team all the way to being so indifferent over management not giving a shit over a player getting sexually assaulted. Dude had destroyed any good will he had this past year.

Even when his play fell off from the consistent 70 pt player he was still known as a great leader and a great person, now we can’t even say that about him.

If you put Kane’s statement on the matter and Toews next to eachother and did a blind guess on who said what, nobody 2 years ago would have thought Toews would be the shitbag response

I disagree. Toews was wearing his heart on his sleeve and flapping his gums before 2 years ago. He hasn't been bashful to opine on political issues, for example. I could be wrong but I can't remember Kane being very outspoken about anything.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I didn’t assume. He in the past wrote when he became a fan. And now has doubled down that he wasn’t a fan until they were a winner. Certainly acted superior to those of us who were fans before the winning started.

It’s good to pay attention to such. Limited history more often than not leads to an inexperienced opinion.
If he’s been watching for 13 years that’s a pretty long time.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm just going to put this out here. Toews has been taking a fair bit of criticism lately and I'm guilty of it too. However, I don't think it would be fair if we forget the good stuff just cuz the less than good stuff has been recent. Let's not short change his legacy with our recency bias.

This tweet was from a podcast somewhere - maybe Spittin Chicklets - not sure.

https://twitter.com/spitt...yhJ5dJMisE8MlkWuTIsQ&s=01

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Yeah between caring what’s only best for him in regards to the state and direction of the team all the way to being so indifferent over management not giving a shit over a player getting sexually assaulted. Dude had destroyed any good will he had this past year.

Even when his play fell off from the consistent 70 pt player he was still known as a great leader and a great person, now we can’t even say that about him.

If you put Kane’s statement on the matter and Toews next to eachother and did a blind guess on who said what, nobody 2 years ago would have thought Toews would be the shitbag response

I don't think he cares only about himself in terms of the direction of the team. This team spun it's wheels after 2017, then they said they were going to rebuild and a year later, completely 180'd and mortgaged the future for Jones. Now we're back on track with a rebuild. If we had competent management from 2015 on, the Hawks' downfall is likely stayed for a few more years. We were always going to have to rebuild after Toews/Kane but we shouldn't really have to rebuild with them still on the team... yet here we are. I'd imagine it's very frustrating for Toews (and Kane) to be on a team that was so competitive and elite for so long, to then watch as it spun it's wheels for *years* of their careers before yo-yoing on a rebuild. Different management sure, but frustrating none the less.

As far as comments or anything like that, I don't get the comparison to Kane at all. Kane has been PR coached to death. The cabbie incident, the drunken foolishness, the rape allegation. Kane toes the PR line. I don't think we'd get a truly honest response from Kane about anything concerning the team. Toews said he felt bad for Bowman and McIsaac losing their jobs. You can argue whether or not you thought it was appropriate but at the end of the day, Toews is the one that has a relationship with those people -- not any of us. And I've made my thoughts clear that the person actually responsible for the response by the org to what happened with Beach was the President of the org who allegedly said he'd personally handle it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So despite his lukewarm statements about yhexre-build direction,Toew we are told byvLaz is FIT and FRISKY?

Sounds like he is serious to prove his prophecy that his best hockey was still before him and that obviously his agent got to hom and told him to buckle up and rebound ,else no team will offer hom s new cobtract to extend his career when the current one ends at the end ofvthis sesdon.
So if Toews not playing hard for KD and the re-buikd,he knows he MUST play hard IF he wants to continue playing in the Show forcseveral more years.Such that he can not make any more excuses for poor pkay ....so that he cannot retreat to the Coubtry club and keep on cashing fat cheques at the bank.He knows he mist produce and prevent again...not chill out and watch as the goals roll in against Hawks.

THUS a normal Toews if he rebounds to expected normal,shoukl give us 28-32 goals and 40 assists...and goal prevention from hom also should cone back to normal expectation (+15 or better)

In short he should play like a $7million cap hit player (never should have been $10 5)....instead of like 2 cents...which is about what we got outta him last season.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
So despite his lukewarm statements about yhexre-build direction,Toew we are told byvLaz is FIT and FRISKY?

Sounds like he is serious to prove his prophecy that his best hockey was still before him and that obviously his agent got to hom and told him to buckle up and rebound ,else no team will offer hom s new cobtract to extend his career when the current one ends at the end ofvthis sesdon.
So if Toews not playing hard for KD and the re-buikd,he knows he MUST play hard IF he wants to continue playing in the Show forcseveral more years.Such that he can not make any more excuses for poor pkay ....so that he cannot retreat to the Coubtry club and keep on cashing fat cheques at the bank.He knows he mist produce and prevent again...not chill out and watch as the goals roll in against Hawks.

THUS a normal Toews if he rebounds to expected normal,shoukl give us 28-32 goals and 40 assists...and goal prevention from hom also should cone back to normal expectation (+15 or better)

In short he should play like a $7million cap hit player (never should have been $10 5)....instead of like 2 cents...which is about what we got outta him last season.
Just think where this team would be if Kane and Toews each signed for say $9.5 mill per and Seabrook signed for $5 mill per instead...that messily $3 mill per savings coulda helped emmencly

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Way to go fiddy. Noteworthy improvement and I commend you. However, now that you've shown you can do it - there's no excuse for any more decoder ring posts.

As to the content or your post - I agree with everything with the exception of your country club comment. You used to harp on the country club atmosphere quite a bit, but I never could get onboard that criticism, at least not to the extend you rode it.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Just think where this team would be if Kane and Toews each signed for say $9.5 mill per and Seabrook signed for $5 mill per instead...that messily $3 mill per savings coulda helped emmencly
The only year it might have made a difference is 2016 when they loaded up at the deadline but lost in the first round to the blues. The real what if is letting Seabs walk but that would have been a very ballsy move.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The thing about the Seabs contract is that unlike most contracts that weigh the probability of future success heavier than past success - Seabs contract was the exact opposite and seemed more like an act of being loyal - an appreciation bonus more than a move that justifiably made the team better. I said at the time I'm a big proponent of loyalty and taking care of "your own" but if that requires hurting the team to do so - then the welfare of the team must take priority over loyalty to the player.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
2021-22 Blackhawks as of now

Patrick Kane
Seth Jones
Jonathan Toews
DAVIDSON Max Domi
DAVIDSON Colin Blackwell
DAVIDSON Taylor Raddysh
Jake McCabe
x-Philipp Kurashev RFA
DAVIDSON Andreas Anthanasiou
x-Caleb Jones RFA
DAVIDSON Sam Lafferty
MacKenzie Entwistle
Riley Stillman
Connor Murphy
Tyler Johnson
DAVIDSON Boris Katchouk
DAVIDSON Buddy Robinson
Reese Johnson
Jujhar Khaira
*Alex Vlasic
Mike Hardman
*Alec Regula
DAVIDSON Dylan Sikura
Ian Mitchell
*Lukas Reichel
*Josiah Slavin
DAVIDSON Petr Mrazek
DAVIDSON Alex Stalock
DAVIDSON *Brett Seney
*Nicolas Beaudin
*Arvid Soderblom
*Isaak Phillips
*Jakub Galvas
DAVIDSON *Luke Philip
*Michal Teply
*Evan Barratt
*Jakub Pour
DAVIDSON *Filip Roos
*Colton Dach
*Ethan Del Mastro
*Nolan Allan
*Jalen Lyupen
*Louis Crevier
DAVIDSON *Jaxson Stauber

Last edited:

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Man the Hawks need to update their website...this is what the currently have as their prospect roster on its official page...

Attachments

• 57A956BA-0CFA-47C5-A47D-A910490B3592.png
    57A956BA-0CFA-47C5-A47D-A910490B3592.png
    521.6 KB · Views: 24

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Saw on the prospect's board talk of the Traverse City prospects tourney coming up. We're not in that this year (weren't last year either), but hopefully we get a few games with some other farm teams soon. Need to scratch my hockey itch and pre-season is still so far away.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Saw on the prospect's board talk of the Traverse City prospects tourney coming up. We're not in that this year (weren't last year either), but hopefully we get a few games with some other farm teams soon. Need to scratch my hockey itch and pre-season is still so far away.
They're doing the Tom Kurvers Prospect Showcase with Minnesota again.

September 16th and 18th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad