2022 NHL Entry Draft Part 4 (#9, #16, #28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I’m not that worried about it. Adams talked up the qualities he’s looking for in a Sabre pick and compete was prominently in it.
If they draft him, would you be more likely to think Adams isn't sticking to his word, or that Geekie's compete might be higher than he's been given credit for

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If they draft him, would you be more likely to think Adams isn't sticking to his word, or that Geekie's compete might be higher than he's been given credit for
I’ll have no choice to assume he’s lying and tall is what he really meant

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I feel like we have enough sandpaper and grit in our lineup already. We are missing that highly skilled player. Give me Savoie.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Really?

Heh.

It seems like they don't have enough of either.

Do we have anyone that's going to finish as top 10-20 player in the league in pts? We're missing that star prospect. Rather swing for the fences as this might be the highest we draft for awhile.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I feel like we have enough sandpaper and grit in our lineup already. We are missing that highly skilled player. Give me Savoie.

Ummmmm what now? We've got skill and more skill coming. It's the sandpaper we're sorely lacking.

On the blueline, our sandpaper is Samuelsson and that's it. Among forwards? Asplund and Girgensons are a PITA to play against. Cozens might develop into more of a PITA. Tuch is hit and miss.

We need more high-end sandpaper.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Ummmmm what now? We've got skill and more skill coming. It's the sandpaper we're sorely lacking.

On the blueline, our sandpaper is Samuelsson and that's it. Among forwards? Asplund and Girgensons are a PITA to play against. Cozens might develop into more of a PITA. Tuch is hit and miss.

We need more high-end sandpaper.
We have very little high end skill. It's Quinn and that's it.

Reactions: EichHart

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Do we have anyone that's going to finish as top 10-20 player in the league in pts? We're missing that star prospect. Rather swing for the fences as this might be the highest we draft for awhile.

Potentially Quinn?

That said, it seems unlikely given where the Sabres are drafting and the general player base overall that anyone in this draft is going to finish in the top 10-20 players in the league in scoring. Even Savoie if he were the pick - at 5'9" and 180ish lbs, the kid has an uphill battle to be that sort of impact player at the NHL level. Is it worth going in on yet another small offensive player to go along with the collection of 6' or less guys they already have, or is it an opportunity to gamble on taking something else?

Reactions: jc17

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
Then you're not reading the right stuff.

Higher-end forwards in our range: Gauthier, McGroarty, Snuggerrud. Kasper and Yurov are gritty.

Among defensemen in our range: Bichsel, Warren, Lamoreaux are pretty damned tough.
nice.
All good grit players I guess I was thinking more along "fighters" tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad