NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Should note that Jeff Marek speculated on his most recent podcast that Ottawa would sprint to the stage if Marco Kasper was still there at #7 which aligns with what we heard after the combine interviews.
To me he's the fallback option, if he isn't available, we are likely getting Gauthier, or dare to dream Jiricek. Basically, if we really like Kasper we should be running to the stage regardless of whether he's there or not.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I wish we would draft a guy with a shoot and score from anywhere shot. I feel like Jarventie is the only guy we've drafted in years with that type of shot.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
To me he's the fallback option, if he isn't available, we are likely getting Gauthier, or dare to dream Jiricek. Basically, if we really like Kasper we should be running to the stage regardless of whether he's there or not.
I wonder if Kasper starts falling to the mid teens if we would put together a package with Brown+39th overall to get him, maybe even add JBD or Thomson

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Should note that Jeff Marek speculated on his most recent podcast that Ottawa would sprint to the stage if Marco Kasper was still there at #7 which aligns with what we heard after the combine interviews.
Interesting how something like this is leaked

Either Ottawa is trying bait other teams above us to take him or mactavish/McGuire are leaking info which is what I was afraid of

How often is Ottawa draft selection leaked like this especially recently when they have been air tight with even trades and signings

Reactions: SquidNasty

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Either Ottawa is trying bait other teams above us to take him or mactavish/McGuire are leaking info which is what I was afraid of

How often is Ottawa draft selection leaked like this especially recently when they have been air tight with even trades and signings

no one would hire them again if they did that.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yurov>Kaspar imo

seems like Yurov will drop through no fault of his own I would love to be in on that by getting another 1st. arguably a top 5 caliber forward available at 15-20?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

This happens all the time. We knew the Sens loved Sanderson, knew they loved Strome and Zib, knew they loved Ceci, knew they loved Chabot, knew they loved Brown. It’s not a huge secret who teams live in the first, most teams have a general idea of who is likely to be taken.

It’s the same with other teams. We know the Habs love Lekkerimaki and are looking for another pick high to grab him. Knew the Lwafs loved Marner. Knew the Leafs loved Reilly. Knew the Oilers lived Jouilevi

Reactions: Sensators

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It wouldn't be difficult to guess that the Sens would be high on Kasper even if you didn't have any insider information. He checks all the boxes for them whereas guys like Kemell and Savoie basically check none.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It wouldn't be difficult to guess that the Sens would be high on Kasper even if you didn't have any insider information. He checks all the boxes for them whereas guys like Kemell and Savoie basically check none.
It was speculated he'd be our likely target around here for a while now. What I find interesting about the claim is not that we like him, but that we apparently think so high of him that we'd run to the stage which suggests we think he has a good chance of being off the board when we pick and the if he is we'd be disappointed.

If Kasper is gone, that means one of Gauthier, Nemec, Jiricek, or Cooley is available. So are we higher on Kasper than them? That's the part that's intriguing.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yurov>Kaspar imo

seems like Yurov will drop through no fault of his own I would love to be in on that by getting another 1st. arguably a top 5 caliber forward available at 15-20?

Wow just read that a Russian prospect Ivan Fedotov was detained trying to leave Russia. Maybe Yurov and Miro drop even more.

Scary but also such a good opportunity for taking high end prospects late.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It was speculated he'd be our likely target around here for a while now. What I find interesting about the claim is not that we like him, but that we apparently think so high of him that we'd run to the stage which suggests we think he has a good chance of being off the board when we pick and the if he is we'd be disappointed.

If Kasper is gone, that means one of Gauthier, Nemec, Jiricek, or Cooley is available. So are we higher on Kasper than them? That's the part that's intriguing.
I could see the Senators possibly having Kasper above Jiricek who has some skating and skill limitations, but I'd imagine they'd still be happy to draft Jiricek.

I don't know that I see a huge chance Kasper isn't available at 7. Columbus could take him maybe?

Reactions: Micklebot

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
DJ's son Colton traded from London to Windsor today.

Good chance he goes undrafted - but he could be worth picking up in the 7th round.

Why?

Is Jeff Marek a Senators insider? Why did he say this?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
This happens all the time. We knew the Sens loved Sanderson, knew they loved Strome and Zib, knew they loved Ceci, knew they loved Chabot, knew they loved Brown. It’s not a huge secret who teams live in the first, most teams have a general idea of who is likely to be taken.

It’s the same with other teams. We know the Habs love Lekkerimaki and are looking for another pick high to grab him. Knew the Lwafs loved Marner. Knew the Leafs loved Reilly. Knew the Oilers lived Jouilevi
This. If you want proof, look at Dorion’s presser I think 5 days before the draft, Hailey Salvian specifically asks about Sanderson.

Scouts talk to each other to get a read on how the draft is going to unfold, and to decide whether they need to trade up/trade back.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Here's who he has Ottawa taking...

7. Matthew Savoie, C, Winnipeg (WHL)
39. Maveric Lamoureux, RHD, Drummondville (QMJHL)
64. Devin Kaplan, RW, USA U-18 (NTDP)
72. Jordan Dumais, RW, Halifax (QMJHL)
87. Miko Matikka, RW, Jokerit Jr. (FINLAND-JR.)
104. Marc-Andre Gaudet, LHD, Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)
136. Marek Hejduk, RW, USA U-18 (NTDP)
143. Filip Nordberg, LHD, Sodertalje Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)
151. Daimon Gardner, C, Warroad (HIGH-MN)
168. Andrew Oke, G, Saginaw (OHL)
206. Luke Mittelstadt, LHD, Madison (USHL)
I would be very happy to get Lamoureux... Savoie not so sure though. I'd prefer Kemell, Lekkerimaki or Kasper

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
With the prospect of trading our 7th OA for a true top-6 forward diminishing, I'd like Dorion to find a way to trade up a spot or two and snag either Gauthier or Jiricek, unless they are still available at #7, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad