NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It’s not just the Sens who would run to the stage for Kasper, the Sharks at 11, according to an NHL scout, have a dream scenario where either Kasper or Korchinski would be there, but he said he doesn’t expect either to be there at 11.

“I think their dream scenario would be Kasper or Korchinski. But I think they’ll be gone,” he projected. “I really think it's Korchinski, or they'll go forward.”

That was over a month ago, both guys have risen since with the combine and added playoff games as well as the World Championship.

Reactions: Micklebot

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sens could take Kasper at 7 and move him to Ottawa to Center Boucher

Could also take Lekkerimaki at 7 and move him to Vancouver to play on Ostapchuk’s wing

Could also, likely, not care one way or another who was drafted where and let the guys play where they were originally slated.

67’s have had success with Austrians.

Spokane protecting Jiricek tells me there have been ongoing talks, will likely listen to his NHL team there.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I’ve been high on Kasper for months. Predicted he could be top 5 player when looking back at this draft.

Wouldn’t be least bit surprised to see Senators high on him as well. Plays our game to a T. He is also much more closer to NHL than other prospects due to his mature and complete game + attention to detail. It’s why he thrived in playoffs in SHL and was notable in WC’s.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Here are some of the goals for overager Gleb Veremyev. He is #28 for the Lincoln Stars. He has good hand eye coorination and gets a lot of deflections but can also score at a distance. He models his game off of the Tkachuk brothers and Jordan Greenway. I would say his game more closely resembles Brady Tkachuk and Jordan Greenway than Matthew Tkachuk though.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
With the prospect of trading our 7th OA for a true top-6 forward diminishing, I'd like Dorion to find a way to trade up a spot or two and snag either Gauthier or Jiricek, unless they are still available at #7, that is.

Well … that’s the cost of those few extra wins last year that many thing were so beneficial for the future of the org …

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mark talks about Marco Kasper, Jonathan Lekkerimäki, Owen Pickering, Adam Sýkora and Vinzenz Rohrer from the Ottawa 67’s.

Jérôme gives some insight on Ivan Miroshnichenko, Isaac Howard, Ryan Chesley, Danila Yurov and Sam Rinzel.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
If we are keeping the pick I want Gauthier/Kasper/ or one of the 2 RHD anyone else and I will be disappointed (unless Wright or Slafkovsky falls to us of course but I doubt they do).

Reactions: Deku

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
CHL
Jonathan Lekkerimaki was drafted by the Vancouver Giants. I know some Sens fans were advocating for the Sens taking him in the draft.

Going into next season Tyler Boucher could have a chance to play with Marco Kasper with the 67's and Zack Ostapchuk could get to play with Jonathan Lekkerimaki with the Giants.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
CHL
Jonathan Lekkerimaki was drafted by the Vancouver Giants. I know some Sens fans were advocating for the Sens taking him in the draft.

Going into next season Tyler Boucher could have a chance to play with Marco Kasper with the 67's and Zack Ostapchuk could get to play with Jonathan Lekkerimaki with the Giants.

Intriguing - they could also both play in the AHL together .

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
For the old school fans out there, here are some of the fights from the overagers I listed that the Sens could be interested in with late round picks. First up Winter Wallace and Gleb Veremyev. They didn't have as many fights as the other overagers so I included some of their fights from this season and last season.

Reactions: Cosmix

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Next up, the big d men out of the WHL: Simon Kubicek and Joe Arntsen. Both had 7 fights this season so I will only include a few here.

Surprise, surprise...the two actually fought each other this season.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Finally, Daylan Kuefler. He also had 7 fights this season so I will only include a few here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Ottawa Senators
7. Matthew Savoie, C, Winnipeg (WHL)
39. Maveric Lamoureux, RHD, Drummondville (QMJHL)
64. Devin Kaplan, RW, USA U-18 (NTDP)
72. Jordan Dumais, RW, Halifax (QMJHL)
87. Miko Matikka, RW, Jokerit Jr. (FINLAND-JR.)
104. Marc-Andre Gaudet, LHD, Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)
136. Marek Hejduk, RW, USA U-18 (NTDP)
143. Filip Nordberg, LHD, Sodertalje Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)
151. Daimon Gardner, C, Warroad (HIGH-MN)
168. Andrew Oke, G, Saginaw (OHL)
206. Luke Mittelstadt, LHD, Madison (USHL)

I think its unlikely the Sens take Savoie at 7 with Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Korchinski and Kemell going right after as options,
If they do select Savoie there is close to zero chance they also select Jordan Dumais.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Ottawa Senators

I think its unlikely the Sens take Savoie at 7 with Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Korchinski and Kemell going right after as options,
If they do select Savoie there is close to zero chance they also select Jordan Dumais.
What a weird mock. Wright at 4 is a jaw-dropper. Pronman usually knows his shit, too, so I wonder just how off-the-rails this whole draft could get... or if he's being told to be more controversial for clicks.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
For the old school fans out there, here are some of the fights from the overagers I listed that the Sens could be interested in with late round picks. First up Winter Wallace and Gleb Veremyev. They didn't have as many fights as the other overagers so I included some of their fights from this season and last season.

Sign me up for Gleb Veremyev. He is fearless and a pretty good fighter. Would be a great addition on the 3rd pair D.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Ottawa Senators

Lamoureux, Kaplan, Matikka, Gaudet, Hejduk, Norberg, Gardner, and Mittelstadt all fit our profile pretty well. A bunch of guys between 6'3-6'7 and two guys who are immediate relatives of current or former NHLers :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad