NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Goyette at 46, Casey at 51 and Trikosov at 57 are ranked surprisingly low to me.

Walking away with two of them in the 2nd round would be a coup

Reactions: ijif

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Cutter, Kaspar or one of the two D are guys we'd likely want to see available at 7.

We've traditionally always stayed away from smaller guys in round 1 dating back to 07 with Murray. I doubt we take any of the sub 5'11 guys unless Cooley falls (unlikely)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Going by Bob's list without reaching too much... I would go

7. A forward ... (7) Kemell, (8) Lekkerimaki, (9)Savoie, (10) Kasper.
39. A RD (41) Warren, (44) Lamoreux (good forward options here as well with (43) Lund, (45) Goyette)
63. (63) RW/LW Adam Sykora , (67) RW Devin Kaplan, (69) LD Isaiah George
71. (80) C/RW Vinzenz Rohrer, (81) LD Jorian Donovan, (72) C Jordan Gustafson
86. (HM) RW Nick Moldenhauer, (HM) RD Jace Weir

Preference in this list bolded.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It seems that there's a drop-off right after the top 6... :(

For me there's a drop off after 4 (Slafkovsky, Wright, Cooley and Nemec), and then a group of about 7-8 players (Lekkerimaki, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Nazar, Kasper, Gauthier, Savoie) that are more or less in the same tier.

Definitely don't agree that Jiricek is way above Korchinski or Mintyukov and Gauthier is way above Lekkerimaki, Nazar, Kasper and Savoie.

Would have to put a ton of emphasis on size and physicality for that to be the case IMO, so the Sens staff probably disagrees with me and has a hard top 6 with Jiricek and Gauthier in it.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
The range for some of the top 10 ranked prospects are quite staggering in Bob's list.

If we keep the pick, it is going to be really interesting who he Sens target. Needless to say, it is fairly probable the Sens will get someone in their top 5.

Cutter Gauthier: Gauthier was as high as No. 3 and as low as No. 10.
David Jiricek: He was ranked as high as No. 5 and as low as No. 12 in our scouting survey.
Joakim Kemell: he ranged from as high as No. 4 to as low as No. 14 in our survey/
Jonathan Lekkerimaki: Our scouting survey ranked him as high as No. 4 and as low as No. 17.
Matt Savoie: He was ranked as high as No. 6 and as low as No. 15 in our survey.
Marco Kasper: His range in our survey was as high as No. 5 and as low as 21.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
If I was to guess the Sens top 6 list in this draft I'd guess:

1. Wright
2. Slafkovsky
3. Gauthier
4. Jiricek
5. Nemec
6. Kasper

We typically have valued things like size, character, toughness, 200-foot play over pure offensive players. At 5'9-5'10 I don't see them being interested in the likes of Cooley and Savoie, rightfully or wrongfully.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
6'8.25" tall. Probably worth a late round pick if he is available.
It will depend on what the scouts think of him. Drafting a player out of the OJHL with underwhelming stats seems like a pretty big risk. The comments from his head coach/GM were interesting though. I would be pretty impressed if he is only 5 years away from playing in the NHL like his coach/GM suggested.

The comments suggest he is a raw athletic kid with a lot of size, that he has impressive skating for a player his size, and that he has a mean and nasty temperament that hasn't fully been expressed in his play given the league he plays in. He is the type of prospect that will need a ton of development and as a result will require any organization interested in him to have a ton of confidence in their development staff.

I could certainly see Ottawa as a team that would have interest in him and I would just hope that if they consider him that they really do their diligence and identify that there is really an NHL caliber player there. If there is then maybe he is worth a late pick.

Reactions: Cosmix

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Is yurov dropping because of the russian situation or did his play drop?

Among all the forwards in this draft i feel like his game would complement Stutzle's the most.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Kasper is a Sen if they keep their pick, as close to a safe bet as you can get.
Do you think they like him more than Gauthier? He does seem to fit the profile of a Sens pick, I'm just curious how to compare the two and why the Sens might prefer one over the other.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Looking at McKenzie's rankings, I'm a bit surprised to see Rutger McGroarty and Lian Bichsel ranked so low. If they are expected to go there and that is where they end up going in the draft then I could see the Sens targeting them if they trade their pick and get a late pick in return or they might consider trading up. I would certainly be happy to get them there I just wasn't expecting them to be ranked that low.

In the 2nd round I think the Sens would be interested in drafting at least one of the big physical d men so Noah Warren and Maverick Lamoreux could both be targets.

I could also see the Sens being interested in Ryan Greene or Dylan James with their other 2nd round pick. They might also like Rieger Lorenz if he is available.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
As a reminder, these are our picks for the 2022 NHL draft:

7th overall (Ottawa Senators 1st round pick)
39th overall (Ottawa Senators 2nd round pick)
64th overall (Tampa Bay Lightning 2nd round pick)
72nd overall (Ottawa Senators 3rd round pick)
87th overall (Boston Bruins 3rd round pick)
104th overall (Ottawa Senators 4th round pick)
136th overall (Ottawa Senators 5th round pick)
143rd overall (Winnipeg Jets 5th round pick)
151st overall (Boston Bruins 5th round pick)
168th overall (Ottawa Senators 6th round pick)
206th overall (New York Islanders 7th round pick)

Ottawa Senators Future Draft Pick Status

2022 NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Firkus at 34 would be close to a steal imo. That kid is pretty dynamic and put up 80 pts in 66 games as a 17 year old. Also put up 6g 6a in 10 g in the playoffs. Led his team in scoring. He is slight but I would trade up for him if he's there. I'd rather combine a 2nd and a 3rd to go after someone star level upside. Caught my eye at the CHL top prospects game. Could be the next Johnny Hockey never know,

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Want - Jiricek RD or Gauthier C/LW
Don't Want - Kemmel or Savoie
Settle for - Lekkerimaki RW, Kasper C/LW, Korchinski LD or Yurov C/RW, Geekie C
Should - trade up to draft Tristan Luneau RD if both RDs are gone & draft Noah Warren RD if possible.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The picks to make, assuming they keep all of them:

7 - Marco Kasper
39 - Reid Schaefer/Filip Bystedt/Noah Warren/Rieger Lorenz/Fraser Minten
64/72/87 - Jani Nyman/Jorian Donovan/Josh Filmon/Miko Matikka/Filip Nordberg/Devin Kaplan
104 - Kyle Jackson/Samuel Mayer
136 - Joe Arntsen
143 - Tucker Robertson/Stephen Halliday/Jeremy Langlois
151 - Linus Sjodin/Elmeri Laakso
168 - Kasper Larsen/Samuel Savoie/Maddox Fleming
206 - Ryan Hopkins/Ben King/Kyle McDonald/Evan Boucher/Nick Malik/Jared Davidson

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
7th OA - Jiricek RD, Gauthier LW, Lekkerimaki RW or Kasper C/LW
39th OA - Noah Warren RD
72nd OA - Devin Kaplan RW
87th OA - Jorian Donovan LD
104th OA - Brennan Ali C
136th OA - Mike Fisher RD
143rd OA - Evan Boucher LW
151st OA - Reid Dyck G
168th OA - Oskar Petersson RW
206th OA - Jack Sparkes RD

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
7th OA - Jiricek RD, Gauthier LW, Lekkerimaki RW or Kasper C/LW
39th OA - Noah Warren RD
72nd OA - Devin Kaplan RW
87th OA - Jorian Donovan LD
104th OA - Brennan Ali C
136th OA - Mike Fisher RD
143rd OA - Evan Boucher LW
151st OA - Reid Dyck G
168th OA - Oskar Petersson RW
206th OA - Jack Sparkes RD
No #61?
I personally wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa tries to use their seconds and maybe a third to get into the late first. McGroatry or Luneau would be awesome gets in those spots. Or even if they ensured themselves in getting Warren I wouldn't mind that either.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad