Pre-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Draft Mega Thread: All Draft Talk Goes Here!

Who Does Montreal Draft 1st OA?

• Cooley, Logan

Votes: 53 10.0%
  • Jiricek, David

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Nemec, Simon

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Slafkovsky, Juraj

Votes: 34 6.4%
  • Wright, Shane

Votes: 425 80.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I know...but I don't see it as Molson influencing the pick.

I see it more as him telling his guys that if they are about to pissed off 90% of the base.....they better be 100% right and to show him the guy will be a lot better, They shouldn't have any shadow of a doubt, Molson is still President of the team.

Let's not forget, this is still a business in the end. Always a business.

BUT I have to say, Molson didn't picked the most popular people when he choose Hughes and Gorton.....and they didn't pick the most popular in St-Louis either. This pick might be a different story since the fanbase is so one-sided.
Does Molson care about pissing off the base? They drafted Mailloux last year and it can’t get worse than that.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Does Molson care about pissing off the base? They drafted Mailloux last year and it can’t get worse than that.
Everything we’ve heard including interviews is he stays hands off hockey ops. There’s this notion he’s too involved id argue he’s actually not involved enough how else does berg get 10years. Molson is trusting to a fault

Reactions: dcyhabs

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
For those freaking out about ending up with Slafkovski…. He’s not my first choice either. But it’s not like he’s a bust waiting to happen… This is all the shifts of a Finish Junior Game last October where he makes everyone else look like Pee-Wees. A ridiculous level of dominance. It’s SM-jara. I don’t know how strong the level is but surely as good or better than the AJHL and the BCHL. #60

Same production Puljujarvi had in that league…at the age of 16.

A big nothing burger.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You don’t need to ask for a meeting to say to a prospect that you don’t take them. Don’t buy that.
You’re absolutely correct, you don’t need to.

However, it goes a long way to showing respect to a promising young player and his agent that this management team deliberated long and hard over then choice and shows a great level of class.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Hughes is so busy stirring smoke...just make the damn pick. And understand that if he misses, the fanbase won't be as forgiving as he may think.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kent is a smoke monster, he belongs in a marvel comic

More like a DC Comic:

Lex_Luthor.png
a5e73de7906c368390fd74fcc4c2d694.jpg

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
The level is a bit stronger than BCHL/AJHL. Still, his production there... for a 6'4 monster with the development of a man already, was very poor.

He was outproduced (severly) by guys like Lekhonen, Aho, Kakko, Borgstrom, Esa Lindell and many others and all of that in their d-1 or d-2. His production in his D-1 is slightly worse than KKs.

Its always the same with Slaf... why isnt he producing anywhere and why do we expect him to produce in the strongest league in the world?

His numbers are why I’m concerned about him. And why I prefer Wright. But on the eye test he looks dominant…. As a comparable, Kakko was much sloppier with the puck. Stickhandling, passes, board battles, etc…. He just lost the puck much more.

Reactions: Blame the referee

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I’m basically at masaii levels of trust with this GM right now the night before the draft, in the city and it’s not even leaked and now where hearing conversations between the habs and the devils the man’s a wizard
I get your point but Masai on a different level. We gotta give it a few more years. He took one of the biggest league dumpster fires long term and made it into the most winningest team since 2015 not named golden state

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Molson obviously wasn't aware last year.....it was the 31st overall pick not the 1st overall pick in freaking Montreal.

But hey.....80% of the fan base wants Wright.

Curiosity.....how many % of the Fan base it takes to force the Habs to draft local talent every single year?
It's not 80%....and they stilll do it, to not piss off the base.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Same production Puljujarvi had in that league…at the age of 16.

A big nothing burger.

Once again in the eye test Puuljarvi is inferior at every aspect of his game. Slaf’s stats are indeed a red flag and do worry me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad