Pre-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Draft Mega Thread: All Draft Talk Goes Here!

Who Does Montreal Draft 1st OA?

• Cooley, Logan

Votes: 53 10.0%
  • Jiricek, David

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Nemec, Simon

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Slafkovsky, Juraj

Votes: 34 6.4%
  • Wright, Shane

Votes: 425 80.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
To clarify for goldenhands, I actually don’t hate slaf I think he looks great I just don’t want us to give up an opportunity to draft a center of equal value

For those freaking out about ending up with Slafkovski…. He’s not my first choice either. But it’s not like he’s a bust waiting to happen… This is all the shifts of a Finish Junior Game last October where he makes everyone else look like Pee-Wees. A ridiculous level of dominance. It’s SM-jara. I don’t know how strong the level is but surely as good or better than the AJHL and the BCHL. #60

Reactions: SlafySZN

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
They planned the meeting two days ago and Slaf's flight got delayed so it got pushed to tomorrow morning.
Then cancel the meeting. They must know who they pick now. So if it’s Wright, why bother meeting Slaf on draft day? I don’t believe the smoke screen for NJ to bite.

Reactions: dinodebino

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Reports vary about his skating, but even the best ones see him as slow in the NHL. Kotkaniemi had some issues but he wasn't really slow. Geekie is certainly better than Kotkaniemi once he is in position. He made sense as a pick in the 20s, I'm not sure he provides value in the top 5 or even top 10. Size is hugely important but it is still overvalued. If he fixes his skating he'll be a steal, but it looks unlikely.
Hes not a slower player than heavy players like Getzlaf, Jumbo, Kopitar, Stone, Backstrom, etc are. Plus hes solid on his feet. Hes not perfect but his aggressive playmaking is insane, his IQ is off the charts and hes actually not as soft as people say he is.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Then cancel the meeting. They must know who they pick now. So if it’s Wright, why bother meeting Slaf on draft day? I don’t believe the smoke screen for NJ to bite.

I don't know, no one knows. But they're not going to tell him they're taking him the morning of the draft when they've waited this long. For all we know, they could be telling him he's -not- the pick so it doesn't sting as much.

That's why its just whatever because unless you're part of the meeting you could turn yourself into a pretzel wondering why.

Reactions: bleuetbio

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I want Wright but I’m fine with Cooley.

That said, Molson pays Managment the big bucks. The fans aren’t the pros. Most fans will be fine with whomever they decide to go with.

I mean you can’t build a team based on popularity, that would be insane.

I agree.....it would be insane.

This pick is just a different monster only because it's in Montreal AND it's the 1st overall.

If it wasn't in Montreal the perception would be different.
80% of the fans in the Bell Center tomorrow wants Shane Wright.
I don't expect boos but I expect a colder welcome if it's not him.

If Shane was like at 50% and Slaf at 30% and Cooley at 20%......it would also be different.
Now you got Shane at 80% and the closest don't even break 15%.

I'm just saying.....it's going to be very hard for everyone involve to not pick Wright at the Bell Center tomorrow night.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
They may want to thank Slaf for his time and all that. You never know what the future holds and if Slaf is impressed with Montreal in the future it could become a potential trade or FA signing destination.

They aren’t interviewing people for a Tim Hortons Drive-thru.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
They may want to thank Slaf for his time and all that. You never know what the future holds and if Slaf is impressed with Montreal in the future it could become a potential trade or FA signing destination.

They aren’t interviewing people for a Tim Hortons Drive-thru.
You don’t need to ask for a meeting to say to a prospect that you don’t take them. Don’t buy that.

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
HFB has Slaf at only 6.6 percent on getting picked 1st. I guess Bob's ranking didn't sway the Habs fans much.

13e.jpg

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The Jackets posted 2 videos today

1 interview with their GM and a 10 minutes media scrum with Geekie.

Put that in your mock draft

Pierre says Cooley top 5 for sure, likes Kemell, Gauthier, Jiricek

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For those freaking out about ending up with Slafkovski…. He’s not my first choice either. But it’s not like he’s a bust waiting to happen… This is all the shifts of a Finish Junior Game last October where he makes everyone else look like Pee-Wees. A ridiculous level of dominance. It’s SM-jara. I don’t know how strong the level is but surely as good or better than the AJHL and the BCHL. #60

The level is a bit stronger than BCHL/AJHL. Still, his production there... for a 6'4 monster with the development of a man already, was very poor.

He was outproduced (severly) by guys like Lekhonen, Aho, Kakko, Borgstrom, Esa Lindell and many others and all of that in their d-1 or d-2. His production in his D-1 is slightly worse than KKs.

Its always the same with Slaf... why isnt he producing anywhere and why do we expect him to produce in the strongest league in the world?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Lavoie keeps repeating "je vais tomber en bas de ma chaise", then admits using colourful language just to sell airtime ads. He'd rather the Habs trade 1OV for Lafrenière, a real qc warrior who plays like Gallagher but bigger. Lavoie is just buying the juice, tranmitting the doubts he got infected with like a disease. Faulty reasoning all over the interview, like when he said development would be easier for Cooley or Slaf: "you can send Slaf to the AHL, Cooley to college, but what will people think if you send Wright to the OHL, what will people think!" Lavoie is just rehashing everything that has been said about Wright and probably never seen him play. It's a shame weasels like him get that much airtime and attention, did this non-rhetoric ass even attend university? What do you want, he stirs the water...

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I’m basically at masaii levels of trust with this GM right now the night before the draft, in the city and it’s not even leaked and now where hearing conversations between the habs and the devils the man’s a wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad