NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Divisional Round: (2) San Francisco 49ers vs (5) Dallas Cowboys

SF vs DAL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Was told kicker won’t play a part in this game but it sure did.

Dallas is a fun mess

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Daks performance has me in such shambles, I've talked myself into Dallas needing to find a way to get Arod or Brady. Help me @Halladay

Sep 19, 2008
1674478723579.png

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Was told kicker won’t play a part in this game but it sure did.

Dallas is a fun mess
Gould has made over 60 consecutive fg’s and XP’s in his playoff career. Fg kicker was always an advantage for sf going into this game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Skip’s gotta be out of cowboys jerseys since he’s thrown them all out
Lol. But for Dallas nothing they can do about Dak. He’s a $49 mill cap hit in 2023 and a $89 mill dead cap hit if he’s cut this off season.
So he’s going to be a cowboy for 2023 season. Would be a post June 1 cut next off season. He’s a $52 mill cap hit in 2024. Dallas would get to split the dead cap of $40 mill over 2 seasons. I believe from what I saw at over the cap it would be $18 then $22 mill in 2024 and 2025 by cutting Dak after June 1, 2024.

Reality of QBs. Have to know which ones can carry a team and which ones need everything around them to be operating in order to be good. If they get paid approximately then you can have a better OL or another weapon or another key defender. that $15 mill is important to spend properly.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lol. But for Dallas nothing they can do about Dak. He’s a $49 mill cap hit in 2023 and a $89 mill dead cap hit if he’s cut this off season.
So he’s going to be a cowboy for 2023 season. Would be a post June 1 cut next off season. He’s a $52 mill cap hit in 2024. Dallas would get to split the dead cap of $40 mill over 2 seasons. I believe from what I saw at over the cap it would be $18 then $22 mill in 2024 and 2025 by cutting Dak after June 1, 2024.

Reality of QBs. Have to know which ones can carry a team and which ones need everything around them to be operating in order to be good. If they get paid approximately then you can have a better OL or another weapon or another key defender. that $15 mill is important to spend properly.
Zeke is like $11m dead too

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Zeke is like $11m dead too
Jerruh, despite his reputation, he’s been taken to the cleaners by the agents of Dak and Zeke. Zeke’s agent got the contract to vest a year early, so that if he’s was on the opening day roster in like 2021, then his base salary for 2022 was then guaranteed. Dallas was always going to eat an 8 figure dead cap on Zeke at some point in time.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Jerruh, despite his reputation, he’s been taken to the cleaners by the agents of Dak and Zeke. Zeke’s agent got the contract to vest a year early, so that if he’s was on the opening day roster in like 2021, then his base salary for 2022 was then guaranteed. Dallas was always going to eat an 8 figure dead cap on Zeke at some point in time.
And Dak's contract was an unforced error. They waited and waited to sign him because they wanted him to prove something. They could have had Dak under a contract paying him $25 million a season right now, but Jerry chose to wait.

So they are overpaying Dak because they waited too long, and they're overpaying Zeke because they gave him a big extension too early. Those two decisions lead them to giving Cooper away. If they had Cooper and Lamb, it's a different outcome than what they had with a bad Gallup as the #2 WR.

Even his videos suck. He isn't anywhere near as entertaining as Stephen A. He just doesn't have that presence.
I don't understand the appeal of either guy. It's wrestling. They're both acting.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't understand the appeal of either guy. It's wrestling. They're both acting.

Of course they're both acting. But Stephen A. Smith has a lot more going for him in that at his core, he's a great performance artist and the character he plays (the over-confident, washed-up uncle) is a lot more tolerable than Bayless (creepy, insistent troll). It even comes down to the voice. Bayless is grating. At the very least, Stephen A. at least tends to have impeccable intonation and line-delivery. Add in that Stephen A. can at least have a semblance of a thoughtful discussion and make good points when the situation requires it, I think it's a no brainer. In no way shape or form can Bayless even come close to producing something as entertaining as this:

The repetitive use of 'My sister Carm' and his faux caring for Will Cain's children ('You know somethin'? Ol' Stephen A. can't do this to the kids cause' you know I love the kids) are just superb comedic moments that Bayless doesn't have. He's just not funny at all. If you're going to be annoying on TV, you have to be funny. I truly don't get what he's doing on there.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Gould has made over 60 consecutive fg’s and XP’s in his playoff career. Fg kicker was always an advantage for sf going into this game.

I meant Dallas kicker.
As in it wouldn’t affect their play call

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And Dak's contract was an unforced error. They waited and waited to sign him because they wanted him to prove something. They could have had Dak under a contract paying him $25 million a season right now, but Jerry chose to wait.

So they are overpaying Dak because they waited too long, and they're overpaying Zeke because they gave him a big extension too early. Those two decisions lead them to giving Cooper away. If they had Cooper and Lamb, it's a different outcome than what they had with a bad Gallup as the #2 WR.

Zeke has played his last down for Dallas. He’s a $16.7 mill cap hit or a $11.8 mill dead cap hit if cut. Which can be spread over 2 seasons. Have to move off from him.

Gallop coming off an acl last season. They were not able to restructure Cooper which ultimately cost them. Dak clearly misses a guy like Amari but that’s the nature of the nfl when you make more than you can deliver. You want to be paid to 5 in the nfl the. You need to play like a top 5 when the team has to make cap decisions to accommodate your cap hit.

Much different being on a rookie deal behind a prime Smith, Martin and Frederick.

I mean Dallas kicker.
As in it wouldn’t affect their play call
I don’t think ultimately did. They could have tried a long 40 odd yard vs go for it on 4th and 4 near the end of the first half. Which they converted. They had the ball with like 1:30 to go when Pollard went down. Did I miss another situation where they could have tried a FG?

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Zeke has played his last down for Dallas. He’s a $16.7 mill cap hit or a $11.8 mill dead cap hit if cut. Which can be spread over 2 seasons. Have to move off from him.
They should, but will they? Jerry LOVES Zeke. It's why Zeke is the guy out there as the starter almost every game this season. It's why Zeke still got more touches/snaps this season than Pollard.

Even if they split the difference and get Zeke to take a pay cut, they're still going to use Zeke more than they should because of Jerry.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Daks performance has me in such shambles, I've talked myself into Dallas needing to find a way to get Arod or Brady. Help me @Halladay
This is the worst.

Losing playoff games isn't a big deal. Sometimes you can blame refs, bad bounces, the other team playing out of their minds, etc.

But here where this game was very winnable.. where the main source of blame is your most important player underperforming ... again ... It is ultra disheartening because this rips out any hope of next season being better.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He was terrible but they need a better coach than McCarthy. He will be brough back so until then I dont think you can expect much more than getting to the Divisional round. So for now they are stuck with both. I think it will sort of be an endless loop. Good enough with these two to make the playoffs but not really a contender. Jerry stuck with Garrett for 9 seasons. I dont think he will be quick to get rid of McCarthy. The reason why I thought Dallas would lose this game was because of coaching, Dak was terrible but the Cowboys offensive coaching didnt help.

On the 2nd interception, with your quarterback is already struggling I wouldnt have thrown the ball on 2nd and 2. I get it your kicker is struggling but there is no reason to have him on the roster if he isnt able to kick. You get the ball after half. I would tried to run it for a 1st down and then maybe tried running Dak to get it closer to the goal line and try to punch it in from there. It seems after that interception, it was really downhill.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He was terrible but they need a better coach than McCarthy. He will be brough back so until then I dont think you can expect much more than getting to the Divisional round. So for now they are stuck with both. I think it will sort of be an endless loop. Good enough with these two to make the playoffs but not really a contender. Jerry stuck with Garrett for 9 seasons. I dont think he will be quick to get rid of McCarthy. The reason why I thought Dallas would lose this game was because of coaching, Dak was terrible but the Cowboys offensive coaching didnt help.

On the 2nd interception, with your quarterback is already struggling I wouldnt have thrown the ball on 2nd and 2. I get it your kicker is struggling but there is no reason to have him on the roster if he isnt able to kick. You get the ball after half. I would tried to run it for a 1st down and then maybe tried running Dak to get it closer to the goal line and try to punch it in from there. It seems after that interception, it was really downhill.
1:24 left when Pollard went down. Dallas used 1 TO for the injury but had 2nd and 2 from SF 18. Had at least 1 TO maybe 2. Don’t recall how many at that point. So plenty of time to at least secure a first down and eat up the clock for the rest of the half and come out of it with points. SF thinking more about protecting against a TD over anything.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

I don't see how you can blame coaching for that, there was the last play and time management but like... Mccarthy isn't telling Dak to throw a duck to the sideline or throw in double coverage.

Even the lamb catch, should've been 6. Lamb blew past his defender, it was under thrown. The Gallup play on the second last drive, was wide open and Dak under threw him.

the 49ers have the better coach but they didn't win because they had the better coach, imo

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I don't see how you can blame coaching for that, there was the last play and time management but like... Mccarthy isn't telling Dak to throw a duck to the sideline or throw in double coverage.

Even the lamb catch, should've been 6. Lamb blew past his defender, it was under thrown. The Gallup play on the second last drive, was wide open and Dak under threw him.

the 49ers have the better coach but they didn't win because they had the better coach, imo
If you switched McCarthy and Shannahan do you think the Cowboys win? I dont think Shannahan had a great game though. Ultimately I think Dallas needs to move on from one and them if they ever want to progress further, and that should be the coach. Maybe this is more on Dak but definitely in the playoffs he should run more. Could be because of his injury but he is an effective runner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad