NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Championship Game: (1) Philadelphia Eagles vs (2) San Francisco 49ers

PHI vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I've been saying this the last couple of weeks, I'm going to say it again so you can all call me a genius when I'm right: Last week's Cowboys v 49ers game was the NFC Championship game. This game is a 49ers win, it was always San Fran, they're absolutely the best team in the NFC.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I've been saying this the last couple of weeks, I'm going to say it again so you can all call me a genius when I'm right: Last week's Cowboys v 49ers game was the NFC Championship game. This game is a 49ers win, it was always San Fran, they're absolutely the best team in the NFC.
This point makes no sense. Even if the 49ers win, it makes no sense. The Eagles are better than the Cowboys. That’s true no matter what happens today.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Today is the day. I think I expect this game to maybe go like a heavyweight fight, first few drives the teams are feeling each other out and then we get fireworks.

They drafted Jurgens last year for center. They will probably lose Seumalo too but if Kelce doesnt retire I guess Jurgens will play guard. Sanders has had a great year and probably has priced himself out but I do agree. As long as their oline is healthy they can probably replace him.
Eagles can use their top 3 picks to address needs that may come up like OT if Johnson opts to retire as well as he has hinted that. 3 top OT this draft though I don’t know how they compare (OSU, NWestern, Georgia prospects) to the 3 from last season in Cross, Neal, the kid that Car took. From reports, I think all 3 from last season did very well in their rookie seasons.

Eagles would like also address CB to replace Bradbsrry and DL to keep that depth rotation for their own first and second rounders.

Plus Rosman will continue to add vets to supplement the roster.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He can play poorly and lose this game and still be the starter. It’s the Eagles in the championship game where no rookie QB has won this game. Next year’s starting job is his to lose then unless a more proven option falls into their lap.
Don’t see SF going with a proven option. Jimmy took a big cut from his $25 mill or whatever base down to $6.5 with bonuses so given his injuries he probably maxed out around $8-9 mill this season. Jimmy is going to land a starter role somewhere else as he is a complete free agent as SF per the revised contract is not permitted to tag him.
Do not believe that there is another veteran game manager that SF would be eying in free agency as a starter.
Could very well return both Lance and Purdy next season and let the best one of them win the job.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1675022331531.png

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad