NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Championship Game: (1) Philadelphia Eagles vs (2) San Francisco 49ers

PHI vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They’ll also get some for DeMeco Ryans.
young OL from that part of the draft, at the end of the 3rd round from 97 onwards, they will probably be able to do either run block or pass block ok in their rookie season. Unlikely to be good at both in their rookie seasons.

How is the SF OL coach regarded?

SF OL can run block well. It's the Pass Protection that they are weaker in.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Niners having a tight end try to block Reddick one on one in is :laugh::laugh:. Unfortunately for them that is the play Brock got hurt.
On that play, the LT, LG, and RT were all one on one, with the C and RG doubling Griffin #72. Eagles rushed 5, so the TE ended up with Reddick. It was a play action pass, so to get a better blocker SF would have had to sub in their #3 OT for their TE. Still don't like the OT3 against Reddick. But, still, seen plenty of TE's end up with a top notch DE in the NFL. Unless the play was to Kittle, should have asked him to block.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
young OL from that part of the draft, at the end of the 3rd round from 97 onwards, they will probably be able to do either run block or pass block ok in their rookie season. Unlikely to be good at both in their rookie seasons.

How is the SF OL coach regarded?

SF OL can run block well. It's the Pass Protection that they are weaker in.
Not heavily to my knowledge, at least compared to others coaches on the team.

49ers really need to hit there this draft. All these comp picks are the reason I never sweated the price tag for CMC. Now it’s up to the team to scouts and pick well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not heavily to my knowledge, at least compared to others coaches on the team.

49ers really need to hit there this draft. All these comp picks are the reason I never sweated the price tag for CMC. Now it’s up to the team to scouts and pick well.
That's not a good sign, cause Williams was all pro before he arrived and he's the only guy on the line that anyone talks about. So, if the OL coach can't coach up guys who need work in the pass protection, it won't matter who they draft.

Seahawks landed their RT at the start of round 3 in 2022 draft, at pick 70-72 I believe. Raiders got their rookie Guard Parham in the later stages of round 3. So, there are OL available. Again, it's the expectations that you should have for a rookie OL. Do what they do better (run or pass) and work on their weakness over time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Niners having a tight end try to block Reddick one on one in is :laugh::laugh:. Unfortunately for them that is the play Brock got hurt.
This was a thing I was talking about earlier comparing the Dallas defense to the Eagles. Ok, Parsons is a better player, but the 49ers couldn’t lock in on Reddick because someone else can get there. The 49ers couldn’t win enough 1v1 matchups, and when that happens, the odds go up that you lose your quarterback. Maybe even 2.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This was a thing I was talking about earlier comparing the Dallas defense to the Eagles. Ok, Parsons is a better player, but the 49ers couldn’t lock in on Reddick because someone else can get there. The 49ers couldn’t win enough 1v1 matchups, and when that happens, the odds go up that you lose your quarterback. Maybe even 2.
SF OLine is Williams and then everyone else. For Dallas to even line up Parsons against Williams at all made little to no sense. Let Williams go one on one against the other Edge guy. SF either leaves McGlinchy one on one with Parsons or they double team him leaving the Dallas DT solo against the C and G.

Philly has more depth across the board and we’re able to defeat the rest of the SF line.

SF line can run block. Pass Pro not as good outside of Williams.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So I assume Purdy is going into next year as #1 and Lance will have to find way to take job from him at this point

Is Lance someone who may be able to return a late round pick from someone at this point or do 49ers hold onto him for another year and then consider cutting losses if he doesn't come in and take the #1 job away

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They will compete for the job most likely, that will be weighted toward Lance, because they have an internal (flawed) case that they had a plan for Lance and haven’t had a chance to prove they were right.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So I assume Purdy is going into next year as #1 and Lance will have to find way to take job from him at this point

Is Lance someone who may be able to return a late round pick from someone at this point or do 49ers hold onto him for another year and then consider cutting losses if he doesn't come in and take the #1 job away
Cap wise, Lance doesn't cost his next team much as his SB has been paid. His 4 year rookie deal as #3 pick is worth around $30 million, with an 8 figure SB. But, really, across the NFL who really knows the guy at this point as he hasn't played anything really. This season, you had that horrible rain soaked game in chicago in game 1 and Q1 vs Seattle before his leg injury. If the TEN GM who came from SF doesn't call on him, I don't know what other team is calling on Lance. Maybe the 2 teams slip Lance and Willis as the coaching staff had no desire to play Willis after the little they saw of him earlier in the year when he came in for Tanny. Opted for Dobbs from another team than Willis down the stretch.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
:huh:

Am I missing something? A NYC skyscraper is supporting the Eagles and tweeting about it? Why?
That is the confusing part. Especially as the Giants are one of their teams :laugh:. Though they also turned it red for Chiefs after they won.

No one knows yet how bad his injury is. There are rumblings it could be Tommy John. So he maybe out for next season. He is getting an MRI today.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They will compete for the job most likely, that will be weighted toward Lance, because they have an internal (flawed) case that they had a plan for Lance and haven’t had a chance to prove they were right.
And the 49ers are in a tough spot going into this offseason because they don't exactly have a lot of data on either Lance or Purdy. Keeping both and hoping one grabs the job is probably the best path, but for a team otherwise built to win now, it has to be maddening looking at going into this offseason still having no sure answer at QB.

BlueShirtGal

Wanna go?
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
That is the confusing part. Especially as the Giants are one of their teams :laugh:. Though they also turned it red for Chiefs after they won.

No one knows yet how bad his injury is. There are rumblings it could be Tommy John. So he maybe out for next season. He is getting an MRI today.
He has to have surgery. I wanted to cry when he went out. I just knew the game was over at that point.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I doubt the Officials association would want them to have to physically break something up by having to pull players off one another.
Anything more than getting between players is asking too much from officials. Just given the physical size and strength of nfl players.
The point is they weren’t doing the bare minimum that comes with their job. Of course there’s limitations but they didn’t even approach it because they didn’t try anything to break it up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The point is they weren’t doing the bare minimum that comes with their job. Of course there’s limitations but they didn’t even approach it because they didn’t try anything to break it up.
And if someone hits an official, they’re out for the Super Bowl, and no one would want that unless it was something especially egregious.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00