NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Championship Game: (1) Philadelphia Eagles vs (2) San Francisco 49ers

PHI vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

He had 2.5 sacks since the week after Thanksgiving. 3 TFL’s.

Haason Reddick has 10 sacks in the same period, playing 1 less game.

I know Parsons was probably not fully healthy but the numbers show he was getting handled. You can win-rate all day, someone’s gotta get the QB to the ground.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
He had 2.5 sacks since the week after Thanksgiving. 3 TFL’s.

Haason Reddick has 10 sacks in the same period, playing 1 less game.

I know Parsons was probably not fully healthy but the numbers show he was getting handled. You can win-rate all day, someone’s gotta get the QB to the ground.
You can tell someone is new to football when the only thing they think matters is sacks and TFL.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
thats it though ,just pressure and not hitting pay dirt.
Read above.. sacks are a QB stat. Micah beat the OL 35.7% of pass rush attempts, which is very high. He had one of the best seasons is recent memory around 30% and beat that both of his playoff games.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t be the only one who thinks this makes absolutely no sense. Parsons production went down, but that’s somehow better? Even though the Cowboys defense got worse the latter third of the season?

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I can’t be the only one who thinks this makes absolutely no sense. Parsons production went down, but that’s somehow better? Even though the Cowboys defense got worse the latter third of the season?
Who said it’s better that Parsons production went down?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sacks are good but not everything = lower sack production is better?

What kind of hurdles did you jump to come to that conclusion?
Reading your posts saying weird stuff like ‘sacks are a QB stat.’

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Reading your posts saying weird stuff like ‘sacks are a QB stat.’
It absolutely is. The fact that “sacks and TFL” are what determine a defensive players worth is very shallow-thinking.

Here is why the 49ers don’t have to worry about a Parsons-level to gameplay around this week. Here is why Parsons got a DPOY nod over Reddick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It absolutely is. The fact that “sacks and TFL” are what determine a defensive players worth is very shallow-thinking.

Here is why the 49ers don’t have to worry about a Parsons-level to gameplay around this week. Here is why Parsons got a DPOY nod over Reddick.

I don’t mind Parsons over Reddick vis a vis (I also don’t care about the individual awards but I do think that if Reddick’s name was ‘Micah Parsons,’ he would be a finalist). Reddick is a straight pass rusher while Parsons does get asked to do other things, which includes taking more snaps.

I think your original idea here makes more sense for almost anybody else on the league, apart from a very select few, but your example here would serve to further my point more. Micah Parsons is different. I don’t need to tell you that. Offenses will take virtually any snap that he doesn’t get to the QB, no matter how much he actually beats his matchup, even more so when no one else gets there for him, but it’s still up to them to scheme him to get him there if he can’t do it on his own and other don’t do it enough, and there was a direct correlation to the Cowboys beginning to struggle scheming their defense when other teams figured out that happens when Parsons gets bottled up.

And I don’t doubt that Trent Williams can handle Reddick, but the Eagles pass rush this season is historic. I don’t know off-hand how many times Williams got help, but on average it almost definitely won’t be as many as he gets this week because the Eagles have too many guys who get home. Assuming the 49ers even pass enough, one way to stop the Eagles pass rush would be to simply not pass.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
whoever wins this will be the worst SB QB since Grossman

Why are you so horny for calling Jalen, an MVP candidate, a bad QB?

Don’t think the Eagles defense is going to be able to hold the 49ers back the way the Cowboys defense did.

This is 49ers, who probably win the Super Bowl at this point.
Based on what? The Eagles D may be better than Dallas.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This game will be the 5th time since 1985 that the top 2 defenses in yards per game will meet in the playoffs.

In all 4 prior games, the #1 DY/G gave up less than 200 yards of offense. 3 of them won (and the other absolutely should have).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
These are really 2 teams that look to be dynamite for a long time.

Eagles could win the Super Bowl and have a 10th overall pick.

SF is paying less than 1M for Purdy so if Jimmy goes they have a historic situation.
Incredible loaded roster and not paying anyghing to their QB.
Imagine SF with more depth?

On top of Rams being a major? and Cowboys being in cap trouble.
Potentially both Brady& Rodgers leaving the NFC

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
These are really 2 teams that look to be dynamite for a long time.

Eagles could win the Super Bowl and have a 10th overall pick.

SF is paying less than 1M for Purdy so if Jimmy goes they have a historic situation.
Incredible loaded roster and not paying anyghing to their QB.
Imagine SF with more depth?

On top of Rams being a major? and Cowboys being in cap trouble.
Potentially both Brady& Rodgers leaving the NFC
SF would be scary if they had those extra 3 picks in their lineup that they have given up so far for Lance with a first rounder to come.

Philly, they will need to reload with Kelce nearing the end but they drafted a C in round 2 last draft and Lane Johnson has indicated he’s looking at the end as well, but they can solve his slot with that 10OA pick from NO. They have vets on short term deals who need to either be re-signed or replaced. So, there isn’t this major runway for them as Hurts is in year 3 and next season is the final one on his rookie deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00