NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Championship Game: (1) Philadelphia Eagles vs (2) San Francisco 49ers

PHI vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rained all day. Beautiful game.

Thought it was 10-0, tho.
Nah, it was 14-0, I remember the rain. There was a missed field goal, and I think an end zone interception by Ty Detmer. And then he got hurt and Mark Rypien played. It was a sloppy game and the Eagles weren’t any good anyways.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This game is going to be really fun. Seeing how Purdy did against the cowboys defence, I think the Eagles are gonna make it tough on him.
Have to dominate the trenches on both sides. If you keep SF from executing their run game then you force the ball into Purdy. SF has talented weapons but they don’t push the ball over the top so your safeties can play closer to the LOS as SF attacks from the middle out.

Philly needs to take care of the ball. If they can do that I think they win the game. Have to hit a couple of deep shots when the opportunity presents itself.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think the Eagles will take this in a close game. I think there’s just enough tape on Purdy now to shut down the Niners offense.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think this all comes down to who can outsmart who. Both teams are about as well put together as can be with no flaws. If that's Purdy's "worst" then the Niners are in really good shape.

i could see this game being an all-timer. San Francisco doesn't have a Micah Parsons to worry about this time and I think we're in for a slugfest.

Eagles 31-28 on a last second field goal to send em to Phoenix.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This will be the first time the 49ers have traveled outside the Pacific time zone since 11/21 when they played Arizona in Mexico DF. Travel shouldn’t be any concern, though the weather and atmosphere may be.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Niners, but they looked vulnerable today. This was the first time I've felt Purdy looked "Human". Of course the 49ers have a better defense than the Giants, but going to Philly and it probably will be cold and maybe rainy and I won't be surprised if the 49ers lose.

Dallas defende went back to early season mode when they were the best in the league.

SF just has too many weapons to shutdown completely

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I was a teenager and I taped the game cause I had a hockey game. My uncle tells me I’m going to be pleasantly surprised so I watch the whole game waiting for something good to happen. What a jerk move.
Jesus Christ your uncle was an OG troll.

Reactions: SnS

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Don’t think the Eagles defense is going to be able to hold the 49ers back the way the Cowboys defense did.

This is 49ers, who probably win the Super Bowl at this point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think this all comes down to who can outsmart who. Both teams are about as well put together as can be with no flaws. If that's Purdy's "worst" then the Niners are in really good shape.

i could see this game being an all-timer. San Francisco doesn't have a Micah Parsons to worry about this time and I think we're in for a slugfest.

Eagles 31-28 on a last second field goal to send em to Phoenix.

they have a lot more than Parsons to worry about now. Parsons has been rather pedestrian since thanksgiving.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dallas’ pass rush dropped off dramatically late in the season. Parsons had 2.5 sacks since Thanksgiving.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Gotta say the exact same final four with the Eagles instead of the Rams is pretty whack
Aside from Buffalo I don’t think the afc was going to offer up something new. Concern about the explosiveness of KC without Hill. But chargers always charger in the West.

Nfc, rams were going without their LT and had injuries to their key guys and they lacked depth. Brady and TB had injuries and were not the same club. North, GB lost Adams.

If rams and Bucs were fully healthy all year who knows but they weren’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: