Prospect Info: [2022 - 92nd] Adam Engstrom (SHL - Rogle BK)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
After the Norlinder and Magnus Nygren disappointments hoping Engstrom can be something.

He has a whole lot more going for him than either of those guys did.. I was high on Norlinder because of his offensive ability, and I still think he could have done something but unfortunately for him.. he was handled by Bergevin and then Houle decided he didn't like him and that was that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
he's impressed me every time i've seen him,

Can't wait to see if he'll be signed and brought over after his SHL season. Rogle is currenly sitting outside a playoff spot. And if they miss them, his season will be done on March 12th. Which, like Reinbacher, would give us a good chance to see them for almost a month before Laval's regular season ends.

Just to picture Reinbacher, Engstrom, and Hutson joining Montreal/Laval before the year is over. In Hutson's case, it will all depend how far BU goes.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Our new Matheson.

he doesn't play like him unless you mean a future top 4D to which I would agree with that. I am hoping to see more of him before he comes over but he's the prospect I would look forward to the most to see if he's going to be in Laval to which it certainly sounds like that's the plan.

Can't wait to see if he'll be signed and brought over after his SHL season. Rogle is currenly sitting outside a playoff spot. And if they miss them, his season will be done on March 12th. Which, like Reinbacher, would give us a good chance to see them for almost a month before Laval's regular season ends.

Just to picture Reinbacher, Engstrom, and Hutson joining Montreal/Laval before the year is over. In Hutson's case, it will all depend how far BU goes.

Since Gorton said that was the plan, I expect he will. I wouldn't mind either way, if he comes over then that is going to be a lot of fun to see cause while I haven't seen as much of him since drafted as I would like, he's a very rare prospect that I can say every time I've watched him I came away impressed. Just does all the little things well and seems to have a good mix of skill and IQ.

That said with the surprise at least to me that his team stinks this season, and the super log jam that is forming on the Habs/Laval bluelines especially if Hutson joins Reinbacher. I wouldn't be at all against 1 more year in the SHL. Not that he really needs it but it's hard to say how he's season is really going due to having not been able to see very much of him.

In the case of Hutson I wouldn't be against 1 more year at BU, if he were 180 it would be different but we saw how good Farrell was last year in the NCAA and then how much he struggled in the NHL (according to the board, as I don't know if I saw too much), but even early on in Laval he's had his ups and downs due to his lack of size, strength, speed.

It will be extremely interesting though to see what happens if that is indeed the plan from both sides but there's still a lot of hockey left so we'll see how things unfold.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
After the Norlinder and Magnus Nygren disappointments hoping Engstrom can be something.

Norlinder's low IQ has been his downfall and Nygren was a poor skater......Engstrom is a superb skater and his IQ seems to be good but we will know more when he comes to NA where time and space are drastically reduced.

Reactions: bcv

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
he's impressed me every time i've seen him,

I love rovers from the point that know how to get back on D after jumping up into the play.

I like how Engstrom knows how to draw the opposition to him in subtle ways when he prepares to dish the puck to his teammates so they have more time and more of an opening to attack

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Last good Swede we drafted was Mats Naslund. 1979. I mean at some point just drawing a name out of a hat should land you a really good player let alone when you have a bunch of " experts " analyzing who to take.

So yes, hopefully this young Swede is something a bit special.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He should sign a contract and join Laval after Rogle's season ends according to Brunet and Arpon. Both Engstrom and Reinbacher should join Laval soon.

Rogle are currently holding onto the final playoff spot. They don't have it on lock yet.

They have 4 games left in the season. If they miss the playoffs, he'll be able to come over sooner. If not, his arrival will be delayed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad