Prospect Info: [2022 - 92nd] Adam Engstrom (SHL - Rogle BK)

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
A forward line with Hutson at LW and Mailloux at RW could be really dangerous. 😄
I feel like we have few guys that if the can’t cut it as Dman they have all the skill set lead me to believe that they could play wing.

Hutson - as has issue size, with speed and pivot when skating backward, which isn’t as much of a issue for a winger.
Mailloux - kind of the same just isn’t as good skating backward as he is forward and is positioning defensively still need work. Again both of these issues aren’t as important if he is a winger.
Xhekaj or Harris could probably both play wing without much issues…

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He creates with his skating and his shot, his first pass is great too. He can still be very productive with those skills alone but I would expect Adam Nicholas will work with him on using his shooting ability to open up the playmaking game.

Same growth should be expected out of Mailloux.
I'm super high on Engstrom. Bye Bye Matheson.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm super high on Engstrom. Bye Bye Matheson.

Me too, I'm high on Engstrom.

The fact Habs have already they future #1 LD with Kaiden Guhle and #1 RD with David Reinbacher. The rest of prospect D have less pressure to develop in their full potential.

Reactions: Rapala

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ive had more trouble getting SHL games this year, do you know if they have a new deal or something? Streams used to be pretty easy to catch.

I am planning on watching Engstrom tomorrow so I will see but so far I don't know of any issues with streams, I have seen a little of him and didn't have any trouble with streams but I can't get good ones like I can for Reinbacher (in HD)

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I feel like we have few guys that if the can’t cut it as Dman they have all the skill set lead me to believe that they could play wing.

Hutson - as has issue size, with speed and pivot when skating backward, which isn’t as much of a issue for a winger.
Mailloux - kind of the same just isn’t as good skating backward as he is forward and is positioning defensively still need work. Again both of these issues aren’t as important if he is a winger.
Xhekaj or Harris could probably both play wing without much issues…
Last summer during the evaluation camp I was watching the scrimmage games without sound, and thus it was hard to remember who was who with just the numbers, and many times I thought Mailloux was playing like a winger. He was often down low along the board on the right side. It took me a while to realize that number on the back was Mailloux.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Guhle Reinbacher Hutson Mailloux Trudeau Engstrom Harris Xhekaj Konyushkov Struble Norlinder Barron

Gonna be hard to predict the best of the bunch.

Guhle Reinbacher Hutson Engstrom Xhekaj Mailloux might be it with Struble, Harris or Trudeau being the swing 7th man.

Konyushkov is extremely small ...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

The fact Habs have already they future #1 LD with Kaiden Guhle and #1 RD with David Reinbacher. The rest of prospect D have less pressure to develop in their full potential.
Is this a new cut of weed? Tried the Engstrom?

Last summer during the evaluation camp I was watching the scrimmage games without sound, and thus it was hard to remember who was who with just the numbers, and many times I thought Mailloux was playing like a winger. He was often down low along the board on the right side. It took me a while to realize that number on the back was Mailloux.
You had problems spotting one of the bigger players on the team? Really?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You had problems spotting one of the bigger players on the team? Really?

Would be nice to get as many players as close as possible to their full potential. Thankfully, management won't approach things this way.Much better problem to have if too many Ds are top-4 and, even better, if too many are top-pairing quality.

Ok thanks I guess I read wrong information or misread.
Still not the biggest, but sounds like good one.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Would be nice to get as many players as close as possible to their full potential. Thankfully, management won't approach things this way.Much better problem to have if too many Ds are top-4 and, even better, if too many are top-pairing quality.

Oh yeah for sure. But with Guhle and Reinbacher already looks both future top pairing D, the rest of good young D prospects have less pressure on their shoulder. That's why I'm happy with Reinbacher pick, Barron and Mailloux can easily take time to develop their two-way ability and have less pressure.

That's create a great competition aswell.

If more D prospects can develop into top 4 D, that's going to be good trade assets to acquire forwards or goalie.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Assist - 1:33

Looked like a fun game. Great pace. Don't know if these teams are rivals or not but it almost had the urgency of a playoff game.

Engstrom himself played with quite a bit of urgency. Kid can just flat out skate. Christ he looks good.

We really have to find a way to just have a D corps comprised of:

Guhle-Barron
Hutson-Reinbacher
Engstrom-Mailloux

It'll be the greatest D corps in the history of the game and we'll be a dynasty and that'll be that.

Reactions: montreal

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Looked like a fun game. Great pace. Don't know if these teams are rivals or not but it almost had the urgency of a playoff game.

Engstrom himself played with quite a bit of urgency. Kid can just flat out skate. Christ he looks good.

We really have to find a way to just have a D corps comprised of:

Guhle-Barron
Hutson-Reinbacher
Engstrom-Mailloux

It'll be the greatest D corps in the history of the game and we'll be a dynasty and that'll be that.

I'd be happily surprised any of them even pierce the top 5 for MTL D, so NHL best corps ever is definitely a stretch. If any of them does it, it would be Hutson IMO and at best he ends up 5th.

Robinson
Harvey
Lapointe
Savard
Markov
(Chelios or Subban would probably be in there if they played here longer and stayed healthy in the case of Subban.)

I don't think it can even rival with best D corps in MTL which was Savard/Lapointe/Robinson with whoever.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'd be happily surprised any of them even pierce the top 5 for MTL D, so NHL best corps ever is definitely a stretch. If any of them does it, it would be Hutson IMO and at best he ends up 5th.

Robinson
Harvey
Lapointe
Savard
Markov
(Chelios or Subban would probably be in there if they played here longer and stayed healthy in the case of Subban.)

I don't think it can even rival with best D corps in MTL which was Savard/Lapointe/Robinson with whoever.
I was being a bit cheeky.

I’ll blaspheme and say Marky was a bit overrated. Don’t get me wrong he was fantastic but playoff General was always a bit underwhelming.

If Guhle can do what I think he can do I’d project him over Markov. Reinbacher and Hutson are hard to say.

I love Engstrom. If he bulks up I think he can be an absolute stud.

Huge respect for the Big 3 though I never seen them play. As playful as I was being a bottom pairing with Mailloux and Engstrom IF they reach their ceilings would be absurd.

I know many don’t think that’s feasible but I would be turning over every stone to make that feasible. That’s an insanely talented D corps

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I was just scanning the rogle roster and saw that there's a former habs player in there in Brandon Davidson. He was part of the desharnais deal if I remember correctly.

It's kinda fascinating how you can look at a random roster overseas and find familiar names. It doesn't matter how far you look.... Hockey is a small world.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I was just scanning the rogle roster and saw that there's a former habs player in there in Brandon Davidson. He was part of the desharnais deal if I remember correctly.

It's kinda fascinating how you can look at a random roster overseas and find familiar names. It doesn't matter how far you look.... Hockey is a small world.
Collect a few extra pay cheques

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How about this guy's face:

adam-engstrom-2022-7287.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad