Prospect Info: [2022 - 92nd] Adam Engstrom (SHL - Rogle BK)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who's the best team Timra or Roggle?

I don't know enough about which team is better, but Timra finished 10 pts ahead of Rogle. Timra had a -4 goal differential and Rogle -16.

However, Timra lost their 3 last games and only won 3 of their last 9. Rogle won their last 3 games and 6 of their last 8. So between the two teams, Rogle is going into this series with more momentum.

Reactions: EveryDay

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Volokhin could be our best prospect when all is said and done.
Was looking at his stats, .927 save %, 20 wins vs 6 losses, on the surface, that’s not bad….he’s got great size too.

So between him, Fowler, Dobes, Primeau, we’re pretty set in goalie prospects!!

Not sure how to rate them 1 to 4 but they all look pretty solid.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Adam Engstrom is a gem.

Great work by Habs scouts to drafted that type of potential in 3rd round.

I'm very very confident that he is going to be a really good #3-4 D.

Guhle - Mailloux.
Engstrom - Reinbacher.
Hutson (1st unit PP) - Xhekaj.

That's what I see in the future. Maybe Hutson will play on top 4 with Reinbacher aswell, but Engstrom game is more perfect at 5v5. Even if I believe in Lane Hutson and he will make Habs in another level at PP. Engstrom aswell have high potential.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Adam Engstrom is a gem.

Great work by Habs scouts to drafted that type of potential in 3rd round.

I'm very very confident that he is going to be a really good #3-4 D.

Guhle - Mailloux.
Engstrom - Reinbacher.
Hutson (1st unit PP) - Xhekaj.

That's what I see in the future. Maybe Hutson will play on top 4 with Reinbacher aswell, but Engstrom game is more perfect at 5v5. Even if I believe in Lane Hutson and he will make Habs in another level at PP. Engstrom aswell have high potential.

It's going to be really interesting to see how Hughes plays this hand that is the depth chart of the dcore, and also includes

Notables:
Matheson Bogdan
Struble Barron

Plus depth guys:
Harris Kovacevic
Trudeau

Already this summer KH will have to move one of Barron, Harris, Savard or Kovacevic, unless he wants to go 8 dmen in Montreal, or send Xhekaj to Laval.

Reactions: themilosh

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Is Engstrom eligible to play in Laval's playoff games if they qualify and he comes over ?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Wasn't Rogle dogshit this year? Or am I confusing them with Reinbacher's dogshit team?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Rogle win 3-2 and sweep Timra 2-0.

Engstrom's arrival will be delayed as Rogle will now go to the Best-of-7 Quarter-Finals series.

Still to be determined who they will face yet and when that series will start.

He is playing an important role on a playoff team in a very good league so I don't think that there should be much urgency to see that end and him come to Laval. I am good with either route unlike Reinbacher's situation where he was on a Mickey Mouse team and getting out of there was clearly the preferable alternative.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wasn't Rogle dogshit this year? Or am I confusing them with Reinbacher's dogshit team?

Rogle has been one of the best organizations in the SHL for the past few years along with clubs like Frolunda but this year they disappointed and barely made the playoffs so the GM was fired. They seem to be one of the best organizations in all of Euro hockey.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Rogle's opponent will be known tomorrow.

Orebro and Lulea are tied 1-1 in their Play-In series and play Game 3 on Monday. If Orebro wins, Rogle will play 2nd seed Vaxjo. If Lulea wins, Rogle will play 1st seed Farjestad.

Reactions: Agalloch

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is it a given that he comes over? Wouldnt be against having him play another year in Sweden. Theres no rush.

I don't know if it's a given. But some of the Habs beat writers have been mentioning Reinbacher and Engstrom as two Euros Habs plan to bring over once their seasons are done.

I'd rather Engstrom come over than play another year in Sweden.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't know if it's a given. But some of the Habs beat writers have been mentioning Reinbacher and Engstrom as two Euros Habs plan to bring over once their seasons are done.

It was mentioned early by Lapointe I think. Engstrom Hutson Reinbacher are all coming.

So there's gonna have to be some movement on the NHL side. Whether its Matheson or Savard. Kovacevic. Harris or Struble.

Barron has to play at the NHL level. You need to give reps to Hutson and Reinbacher Engstrom and Mailloux in the top 4 of the AHL.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Its gonna be problematic to have 4 to 5 high profile defense prospect on the Laval blue line. They need actual ice time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Its gonna be problematic to have 4 to 5 high profile defense prospect on the Laval blue line. They need actual ice time.

That's true. Like @WeThreeKings mentioned, they will need to move guys in the off-season. And I'd be really surprised if they don't move anyone.

Norlinder is an RFA with arb rights. Remains to be seen if they qualify him and/or re-sign him or let him walk. They may eventually qualify him even if he goes back to Europe. It would be a loan.

In Laval, I personally don't think they need to bring any vet in on an NHL deal a la Schueneman and Keeper. I'm good bringing back Bisson and Galipeau on AHL deals. They could be the vets that support guys like Reinbacher, Mailloux, Engstrom, and Hutson or any combination of who will be in Laval among them. Trudeau is still a prospect but he will be in his third year pro.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's true. Like @WeThreeKings mentioned, they will need to move guys in the off-season. And I'd be really surprised if they don't move anyone.

Norlinder is an RFA with arb rights. Remains to be seen if they qualify him and/or re-sign him or let him walk. They may eventually qualify him even if he goes back to Europe. It would be a loan.

In Laval, I personally don't think they need to bring any vet in on an NHL deal a la Schueneman and Keeper. I'm good bringing back Bisson and Galipeau on AHL deals. They could be the vets that support guys like Reinbacher, Mailloux, Engstrom, and Hutson or any combination of who will be in Laval among them. Trudeau is still a prospect but he will be in his third year pro.
Well said but I think Mailloux starts the season in Montreal. A full off season of hard training convinces me he will be an NHLer next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad