Recalled/Assigned: 2022-23 season

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Can’t wait to see how he looks down there.

Cuda is starting to feel stacked. I imagine Eklund is going to be sent back, especially if they make the playoffs — it’ll be fun to watch.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Can’t wait to see how he looks down there.

Cuda is starting to feel stacked. I imagine Eklund is going to be sent back, especially if they make the playoffs — it’ll be fun to watch.
Knyzhov needs to stay in the NHL for like 10 more games to gain RFA status but hopefully, we can send him down ASAP. Cuda defense will be pretty good once they get Knyzhov and Poulliot back and Okhotiuk gets healthy.

Poulliot-Shakir
Knyzhov-Cicek
Kniazev-Okhotiuk
Brady

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Knyzhov needs to stay in the NHL for like 10 more games to gain RFA status but hopefully, we can send him down ASAP. Cuda defense will be pretty good once they get Knyzhov and Poulliot back and Okhotiuk gets healthy.

Poulliot-Shakir
Knyzhov-Cicek
Kniazev-Okhotiuk
Brady

I don't think Grier sends Knyzhov down before that RFa thing comes into effect. But if he does, it would feel like a cold move and I wouldnt like it.

He is now listed as added to the Barracuda on the transactions page.

Listed as #85, which seems to be what he wore in Russia.
you're on top of it haha....it's so exciting that he's here!!!

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Poulliot-Shakir
Knyzhov-Cicek
Kniazev-Okhotiuk
Brady

That's arguably better than our NHL defense...

I don't think they'll send Knyzhov down, though. I think he's earned it and, emotionally I think it's best he just stay with the Sharks.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He was rumored to be going to the Sharks all along. I really don't understand why Thrun would choose SJ with another LD added, but again, who knows.
I don't think Pulli is in Thrun's way and vice-versa. There's plenty of spots in the organization and Grier has been turning over the players a lot in his first year and likely will continue to do so this offseason.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

At least his Brent Burns impression is pretty good

pulli.gif

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Also, I've been wondering if the first part of Shaq's last name has that acchhh type sound...

Seems like it doesn't.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Also, I've been wondering if the first part of Shaq's last name has that acchhh type sound...

Seems like it doesn't.
In Cyrillic, his name is Мухамадуллин. So in Russian, what looks like an x is pronounced closest to a kh, but it's a little more phlegmy than English.

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
In Cyrillic, his name is Мухамадуллин. So in Russian, what looks like an x is pronounced closest to a kh, but it's a little more phlegmy than English.
Thanks!

so it does kinda have a Mukhhhamadulin kinda sound?

Like Mikhail Gorbachev, it's not "Mik-hail" (that's frozen rain outside the mickey d's) that kh in Mikhail has a sort of k-mashed-into-the-h sound I'm wondering about if it should sound the same-ish in his last name. I think that's what you mean by "phlegmy." It's a back of the throat kinda sound.

EDIT: I used to watch my grandfather write letters to his cousins back in Bulgaria in Cyrillic when I was a tween. Looked like secret code.

• Love

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Thanks!

so it does kinda have a Mukhhhamadulin kinda sound?

Like Mikhail Gorbachev, it's not "Mik-hail" (that's frozen rain outside the mickey d's) that kh in Mikhail has a sort of k-mashed-into-the-h sound I'm wondering about if it should sound the same-ish in his last name. I think that's what you mean by "phlegmy." It's a back of the throat kinda sound.

EDIT: I used to watch my grandfather write letters to his cousins back in Bulgaria in Cyrillic when I was a tween. Looked like secret code.
I think if you stick the Cyrillic in Google translate, you get a pretty good idea of how it sounds.

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I think if you stick the Cyrillic in Google translate, you get a pretty good idea of how it sounds.

Thanks, I forget about googs translate sometimes.

That's the sound I was trying to describe. When I put that in and hit the speaker on the Russian side the k and h aren't so much a separate sound. Like English pronunciation kinda demands a syllable split between the two.

I like that the u sound in Russian is more "oo" than "uh." Mookie is a badass nickname. Muckie, not really so much.

If I was the Sharks PA announcer I'd go with the Russian pronunciation on goal announcements. Easier to hit that "oo" sound than on both ends of his last name. MOOOKhamaDOOOlin!!!! MUUHkhamaDUUUlin... just doesn't sound as good when I try it at home.

My cat does not like my arena announcer voice at all. Neighbors prolly wondering WTF... hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Arvid Henrikson (#78) is now also added to the Barracuda on an ATO, per the transactions page.

He's the 6'5" defenseman we got in the Bonino deal.

(updated with new number, they changed it after I initially posted)

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
This can’t be much more than just giving him a chance. Dude was a bad college player.

He will likely get into a game or two, but the Barracuda now have 11 defensemen on the roster (though 2 are injured, 1 is Kinal, who's on an ATO, and there's also Muk, who's yet to appear). I don't know that he's going to prove he's better than most of what's already here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad