Recalled/Assigned: 2022-23 season

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Bordeleau has had long periods where he's been pretty invisible for the Cuda, but he had a good weekend against Bakersfield.

Honestly, though, there's not really anybody else left on the Cuda forward-wise, except Gushchin and Robins. Guess we'll see if either of them get a look, too.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It's interesting seeing Grier's strategy here. A lot of these young guys are playing very well. I wonder if it's good for the long-term culture to send those players back to the AHL...

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
It's interesting seeing Grier's strategy here. A lot of these young guys are playing very well. I wonder if it's good for the long-term culture to send those players back to the AHL...
It will be a really bad look if Gushchin and Bordeleau don't play in ALL of the remaining NHL games, especially if the players replacing them are.... Svechnikov and Lindblom.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think I've been impressed by every other guy who's been called up more than Zetterlund. While watching the game today I really noticed the problems with his skating for the first time. He doesn't have the skill to create openings to get his shot off, nor the speed to get away from defenders, nor the physicality needed to become a grinder. With Gushchin I can see the skill to become a 2nd line winger. With Peterson I see a skillset that can play in the top 9. Kaut is a good skater and decent defensively. Raska always makes sure he's in the play, which is a great skill for a 4th liner. Even Bordeleau, though he has mostly struggled, you can see he has hands and he hasn't looked out of place on the PP. He's even made some nice stick checks. With him I think it's more about confidence and being willing to make the simple play more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad