Recalled/Assigned: 2022-23 season

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
OK, why did Cuda recall Mann? It's not like they have a game for nearly a week.

Is Nabby in town during the NHL break to be working with Mann?

Is one of the NHL goalies nearly traded so they'll have a hole in the AHL after a call up?

Will they be assigning him to a different ECHL team?

Reactions: General Manager

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
OK, why did Cuda recall Mann? It's not like they have a game for nearly a week.

Is Nabby in town during the NHL break to be working with Mann?

Is one of the NHL goalies nearly traded so they'll have a hole in the AHL after a call up?

Will they be assigning him to a different ECHL team?
I’d guess it’s a coaching/development thing. Wichita doesn’t play again until the 4th so they are off for a week too.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Why does everyone have to take a week off at the same time? (NHL/AHL) You'd think the AHL could try to capitalize on this NHL break by maybe offering AHLTV free for a couple games of each AHL affiliate during the time that the NHL takes a week off.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why does everyone have to take a week off at the same time? (NHL/AHL) You'd think the AHL could try to capitalize on this NHL break by maybe offering AHLTV free for a couple games of each AHL affiliate during the time that the NHL takes a week off.
I think the big thing is this is supposed to be a break for the players. Well if I have a waiver exempt guy that I want to develop more, I’d send them down to play in the AHL the week before and then call them up to the NHL the week after so they don’t get a break. It might be something the NHLPA negotiated since a majority of AHL players are on NHL deals.

• Wow

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I think the big thing is this is supposed to be a break for the players. Well if I have a waiver exempt guy that I want to develop more, I’d send them down to play in the AHL the week before and then call them up to the NHL the week after so they don’t get a break. It might be something the NHLPA negotiated since a majority of AHL players are on NHL deals.
It's also NFL off week before the superbowl, right? Seems like taking the week off of the superbowl would make more sense?

I hate football, but I understand how it impacts viewership to some extent. And, the superbowl is all encompassing in sports media, despite everyone not giving a shit. I particularly hate the cellys in football TBH, the lack of anything actually happening for long stretches of time... I could go on, but I won't. They'll concuss themselves outta talent on their own soon enough.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
It must be a coaching/development thing, as now Dillon Hamaliuk has been recalled to the Cuda, and he hasn't seen gametime there all season.

• Wow

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It must be a coaching/development thing, as now Dillon Hamaliuk has been recalled to the Cuda, and he hasn't seen gametime there all season.
I think Hamaliuk's been injured but yea it's weird to have an ECHL affiliate that doesn't play your players seeing how Russell and Hamaliuk have barely played this season.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Zachary Emond is up from the ECHL to the Cuda now too, but he's also still injured.

Not sure why we seem to be calling up one guy each day to the AHL.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Zachary Emond is up from the ECHL to the Cuda now too, but he's also still injured.

Not sure why we seem to be calling up one guy each day to the AHL.
The telex can only handle so much traffic.

• Haha

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
According to AHL transactions page, Darren Brady has signed a contract with the Barracuda. So he's no longer playing on a tryout.

I was not a fan of him in his first stint, and wasn't sure why they brought him back for a second tryout when it happened. But he improved, and earned it. Good for him.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Well, after I posted about Brady (who signed yesterday), our other tryout defenseman, Will Riedell, is now also listed as signing a contract with the Cuda today.

He's not been in the lineup as frequently as Brady lately, but with the state of the defense right now, the depth has been good to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad