GDT: 2022-23 season game 45 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:00pm 1/11/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Drew Doughty on TNT before the game: "Yeah I'm one of the older guys now, so I'm just trying to help out the younger guys all I can, you know, off the ice and on the ice...when I'm playing good hard defense everything else falls into place."

Drew Doughty on TNT after the game: "Bukake hahaha"

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
You didn’t mention any critiques or specifics about his performance as an analyst. You called him Anson “Race Card” Carter. You have no clue what happened behind the scenes of any of his career, so stop acting like you know what his integrity is like. This type of bullshit knee jerk reaction to anyone bringing up the ugly side of hockey is exactly how this shit keeps happening.
Did you see this quote: “We had great chemistry and no one was afraid to admit that,” Carter said of how he clicked with the Sedins. “And I really believe that if I was a different colour hockey player, and I’m going to say it, I really believe I would have been looked at a lot differently. I really do.” He believed that.. thats a big stretch and zero proof - that just because he didnt get a raise it was due to race.. thats the kind of bullshit we dont need. He strikes me as a p***y.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
You didn’t mention any critiques or specifics about his performance as an analyst. You called him Anson “Race Card” Carter. You have no clue what happened behind the scenes of any of his career, so stop acting like you know what his integrity is like. This type of bullshit knee jerk reaction to anyone bringing up the ugly side of hockey is exactly how this shit keeps happening
You didn’t mention any critiques or specifics about his performance as an analyst. You called him Anson “Race Card” Carter. You have no clue what happened behind the scenes of any of his career, so stop acting like you know what his integrity is like. This type of bullshit knee jerk reaction to anyone bringing up the ugly side of hockey is exactly how this shit keeps happening.
Yeah I’m not going down your wormhole dude. I don’t like Anson as a person because of his opinions; he also sucked ass in a Kings uniform. I’ll leave it at that.

You can soapbox somewhere else. You’re not changing my mind on anything and I could care less if you agree with me or not.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Drew Doughty on TNT before the game: "Yeah I'm one of the older guys now, so I'm just trying to help out the younger guys all I can, you know, off the ice and on the ice...when I'm playing good hard defense everything else falls into place."

Drew Doughty on TNT after the game: "Bukake hahaha"

Before they showed what happen, I thought he dropped an f-bomb and that's why the audio didn't sound right and that they hit the swear button. Hilarious one of the boys got him with the water bottled. :laugh:

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Yeah I’m not going down your wormhole dude. I don’t like Anson as a person because of his opinions; he also sucked ass in a Kings uniform. I’ll leave it at that.

You can soapbox somewhere else. You’re not changing my mind on anything and I could care less if you agree with me or not.
Fair enough. Wouldn’t have said a word if you’d left it at his quality as a player or a broadcaster on the merits to begin with. Go Kings go.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think Sutter used to say when you're at the end of a losing streak you lose some games you should win and at the end of a winning streak you win some games you should lose

frankly kings were pretty ugly/sloppy a lot of the night outside of that dominance in the first, they drove most of the play but the lapses in focus would have burned them earlier when they were losing. Lots of posts and missed deadly opportunities by the Sharks. Play like that next game and they'll get rung up.

Hope it's jsut a case of the Kings playing to an opponent rather than losing focus before a break, but Sharks games lately have been a bit of a circus, so just take the regulation win and run and recover. GKG!

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Did you see this quote: “We had great chemistry and no one was afraid to admit that,” Carter said of how he clicked with the Sedins. “And I really believe that if I was a different colour hockey player, and I’m going to say it, I really believe I would have been looked at a lot differently. I really do.” He believed that.. thats a big stretch and zero proof - that just because he didnt get a raise it was due to race.. thats the kind of bullshit we dont need. He strikes me as a p***y.
I’ve read the quote before; it came out years ago. There are so many instances of racial bias or otherwise awful behavior in hockey management circles that have come to light in the past years. How are you so sure there isn’t truth to what he’s saying? That’s what I’m trying to point out. If we knee jerk so hard against people who speak about difficult topics it can make it harder to fix them. That’s all.

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I’ve read the quote before; it came out years ago. There are so many instances of racial bias or otherwise awful behavior in hockey management circles that have come to light in the past years. How are you so sure there isn’t truth to what he’s saying?
Because he doesnt present any evidence.. he states it was a belief based on not getting a raise...He assumed the worst, when the likely explanation is financial. I mean they signed him to begin with - if there was bigotry I doubt they'd bring him on board in the first place.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014

Not taking a side here but I'll just say, I wish you couldn't care less. Otherwise we're just left wondering "how much?".

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Because he doesnt present any evidence.. he states it was a belief based on not getting a raise...He assumed the worst, when the likely explanation is financial. I mean they signed him to begin with - if there was bigotry I doubt they'd bring him on board in the first place.
"He's not racist. He has black friends" energy.

Minorities are paid less than white males.

There's a lot of racism in hockey, and you can find countless tales of black people being told "they don't belong." Thus, fewer opportunities or not considered for a bigger role which would have led to a bigger paycheck.

And he's saying what he "believed" based on experiences. If he had proof he wouldn't say "I believe." He'd say "this asshole's racist and I have the receipts."

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
"He's not racist. He has black friends" energy.

Minorities are paid less than white males.

There's a lot of racism in hockey, and you can find countless tales of black people being told "they don't belong." Thus, fewer opportunities or not considered for a bigger role which would have led to a bigger paycheck.

And he's saying what he "believed" based on experiences. If he had proof he wouldn't say "I believe." He'd say "this asshole's racist and I have the receipts."
Its speculation right? He has right to his opinion, but to get it into print, thats borderline slander without any evidence.

Reactions: ibleedkings

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

I don’t think it’s outlandish to believe Carter on this considering the outrageously racist history of hockey. It’s the only overwhelmingly white sport left in America.

You don’t have to take it personally or lick Carter’s boots. But to assume race did NOT negatively affect his career is woefully naive.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I don’t think it’s outlandish to believe Carter on this considering the outrageously racist history of hockey. It’s the only overwhelmingly white sport left in America.

You don’t have to take it personally or lick Carter’s boots. But to assume race did NOT negatively affect his career is woefully naive.
I never said or implied that. What I wrote was very specific.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
If you didn't see the post game, yes, you'll want to.

I want to know who gave him the old brownie water hose.
F08E085F-5F68-4A06-8586-887AC3D2D8C3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese