GDT: 2022-23 season game 45 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:00pm 1/11/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
QB had a good game. Goal and an assist, not bad.

Hope this is the start of him breaking out.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Who does more coke Chuck or stollzy?
1673504298535.gif

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Biz is pretty funny playing off the stiffs. I can’t stand Anson Race Card Carter on the panel
Ass backward takes like this are why DEI efforts should continue in earnest. Hockey is for everyone, and interested potential fans and kids who could be the next generation of players should see that when they tune into a big network like TNT or ESPN.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Ass backward takes like this are why DEI efforts should continue in earnest. Hockey is for everyone, and interested potential fans and kids who could be the next generation of players should see that when they tune into a big network like TNT or because
Ass backward takes like this are why DEI efforts should continue in earnest. Hockey is for everyone, and interested potential fans and kids who could be the next generation of players should see that when they tune into a big network like TNT or ESPN.
Oh blow it out your ass. He’s a shitty analyst and falsely played the race card . Don’t try and straw man this into something it’s not. I question his integrity and performance as a commentator not his color/race.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Fiala being able to carry a line and Vilardi’s emergence has just made this team insanely deep forward wise. I mean we got our leading scorer and goal scorer on the 3rd line.
And Kings were missing Arvidsson, Moore and Kaliyev.

Byfield is right on the cusp of emerging. From this point on, it's all a trajectory of rising. No more 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Ever again. And to think that he still is not where he was, physically, at the start of camp. He came to camp in top shape and at 225 lbs. He lost so much weight when sick and probably was about 200 and I would say he's probably 212 to 215 now. When he gets back to 225....he's going to impose himself even more. He's not only is controlling the puck better, but playing more physical. Flattened Karlsson at the end there.

Lizotte has done ok, centering Vilardi and Fiala, but believe when Byfield centers them, the Kings are going to be even stronger. I am fine if they leave Byfield at LW1, as he's excelled and has less defensive responsibility. As long as it's working and he's playing this well, I would prefer him to be LW1 and get the minutes up there.
Plus, he's good on the boards.

In 2 years:

Fiala Byfield Vilardi top line.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Zegras is a -10 in his last 10 games. Yikes. 🙃
Someone recently suggested that if the Kings drafted Zegras, instead of Turcotte, how much farther ahead they would be,,,I did not respond, but wanted to state this:

If the Kings drafted Zegras, they would have tamed his game down 100% and made him cycle, play defense and work on his 200 foot game in the AHL. And some 30 year old journeyman down there would have concussed him pretty bad, after he tried a few Michigans. He would probably still be in the AHL,, working through injuries or traded.

2 years +1 week ago, Turcotte won Gold and was a monster. While Caufield paled in comparison to Turc, by a big margin, on that team. Today, Caufield has 23 goals. The story is not over. I'm pulling for Alex.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Someone recently suggested that if the Kings drafted Zegras, instead of Turcotte, how much farther ahead they would be,,,I did not respond, but wanted to state this:

If the Kings drafted Zegras, they would have tamed his game down 100% and made him cycle, play defense and work on his 200 foot game in the AHL. And some 30 year old journeyman down there would have concussed him pretty bad, after he tried a few Michigans. He would probably still be in the AHL,, working through injuries or traded.
I think you might be goofing.. Zegras with some discipline would be awesome.. he's like spoiled brat over there

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

There are two instances .

He's no good. His takes suck. He probably doesnt watch their games. The TNT broadcast is the most cringy thing since NBC .. its hard to imagine they could be worse than NBC but they are. Bisonette, Tochet.. they arent funny and not very informative. Carter is the worst by a mile between them.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Oh blow it out your ass. He’s a shitty analyst and falsely played the race card . Don’t try and straw man this into something it’s not. I question his integrity and performance as a commentator not his color/race.
You didn’t mention any critiques or specifics about his performance as an analyst. You called him Anson “Race Card” Carter. You have no clue what happened behind the scenes of any of his career, so stop acting like you know what his integrity is like. This type of bullshit knee jerk reaction to anyone bringing up the ugly side of hockey is exactly how this shit keeps happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad