GDT: 2022-23 season game 41 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:00pm 1/3/23

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I’m definitely feeling the urge to move on from Grundstrom and Lemieux. Grundstrom plays like 2 weeks of good hockey a year and leaves you wanting more but then he’ll disappear for months at end.

And he’s played a total of 36 games out of 41. It’s not like he’s been scratched for weeks and weeks.

At least Lemieux try’s to get things going, he’s just got rocks for brains.

I'm bummed Grundstrom doesn't seem to have the night ot night consistency. He might be the perfect 13th forward though--enough skill and power to step into any line.

Lemieux is unfortunate because he's simply not allowed by the refs to play.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Really solid win tonight. The team is really interesting as I never get a feeling of dominance, but you look up and they have the lead in shots and are scoring on the rush. I am really intrigued to see what they can do over the next stretch, because they seemed to have stemmed the tide from some early season disasters.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems to mostly match the eye test tonight.

1672813055172.png

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm bummed Grundstrom doesn't seem to have the night ot night consistency. He might be the perfect 13th forward though--enough skill and power to step into any line.

Lemieux is unfortunate because he's simply not allowed by the refs to play.

and then either take a bad penalty in the ozone or leave the most dangerous guy open to score. He's worse than Lemieux.

Reactions: kinghock

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I’m definitely feeling the urge to move on from Grundstrom and Lemieux. Grundstrom plays like 2 weeks of good hockey a year and leaves you wanting more but then he’ll disappear for months at end.

And he’s played a total of 36 games out of 41. It’s not like he’s been scratched for weeks and weeks.

At least Lemieux try’s to get things going, he’s just got rocks for brains.
Grundstrom and Lemieux shouldnt have a spot. With Kaliyev and Moore soon to return, you will have to send down Kupari and waive one of Grund, Pepe or JAD to make room and if they want to keep Kupari two of those guys need to get waived... unless im missing something. Edit: im wrong re needing waivers when those guys come back. They'll just have to scratch 3 guys.. prob send Kupari down so he keeps playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Docgonzo

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Side note I'm not trying to be smug but look what happens with the kids when you give them the stability of consistent ice time and partners. JAD is a good example

Kupari is starting to really put on that Trevor Lewis outfit and I enjoy it.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kupari has been money on the penalty kill. Not for nothing, but he had the most time on ice shorthanded tonight. More than Doughty! I'm hopeful that JAD can do the same thing and continue to chip away at Kopitar's hard defensive minutes.

Still don't see what Walker brings to the table. He played 13:38 tonight. No power play. Less than a minute and a half on the penalty kill. We really can't give Spence or Bjornfot those minutes?

Seems to mostly match the eye test tonight.

View attachment 630164
I'm not sure how this was calculated, but Lizotte and Kupari appear to be taking a pretty massive hit on defense. I wonder if that's mostly from that botched stretch pass-turned-icing that led to Dallas' first goal.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Can we all just marvel at how bad Carl is...

View attachment 630167
That play wasn’t on Carl, at all.

Three kings down below the dots, and it was a missed read between Kupari and Drew that is the main culprit.

Carls job there is to cover his point and trickle down to support a potential breakout, not make the defensive play itself.

god I hope he's better at breakaways!
I mean, he damn sure can’t be worse.

Not even Austin f***ing Wagner is worse on a break than Lewy.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kupari has been money on the penalty kill. Not for nothing, but he had the most time on ice shorthanded tonight. More than Doughty! I'm hopeful that JAD can do the same thing and continue to chip away at Kopitar's hard defensive minutes.

Still don't see what Walker brings to the table. He played 13:38 tonight. No power play. Less than a minute and a half on the penalty kill. We really can't give Spence or Bjornfot those minutes?

I'm not sure how this was calculated, but Lizotte and Kupari appear to be taking a pretty massive hit on defense. I wonder if that's mostly from that botched stretch pass-turned-icing that led to Dallas' first goal.

That was pretty bad for both of them. Kupari had an open lane to the redline to just dump it in and change. Instead he brainfarted and tried a bad stretch pass to a guy coming out of the box. Then Lizo get smoked on the faceoff...goal.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The good thing is, when the defensive miscues aren't as numerous, it becomes easy to make something like that a teaching moment.

Pavelski made a phenomenal pass to one of the best finishers in the league sneaking in off the bench too, was he not? Holding those guys to 2 goals, sometimes you can just tip your cap to a great play too, and review what to do there.

Same thing goes for the Kupari --> Lizotte icing. Mistakes that are magnified in the playoffs. I appreciate the aggressiveness and don't want that to leave, but live to fight another day.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That play wasn’t on Carl, at all.

Three kings down below the dots, and it was a missed read between Kupari and Drew that is the main culprit.

Carls job there is to cover his point and trickle down to support a potential breakout, not make the defensive play itself.

I mean, he damn sure can’t be worse.

Not even Austin f***ing Wagner is worse on a break than Lewy.

He's inside the circle, not covering the point.Totally flat footed puck watching. He didn't even see Robertson until he was celebrating his goal. Doughty was there to prevent the pass, which he came very close to doing.

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 11.31.01 PM.png

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
He's inside the circle, not covering the point.Totally flat footed puck watching. He didn't even see Robertson until he was celebrating his goal. Doughty was there to prevent the pass, which he came very close to doing.

View attachment 630171
I’d ask you to take another look at this photo. Who is Robertson literally skating right past who does nothing to cover him? JAD. Plus Doughty ought to be picking him up as he’s entering the prime scoring area and he’s the defenseman covering the middle. The far wing (Grundstrom) is the least responsible of the 3. Grundstrom is there to be a one timer block if they try to make a stretch pass across the ice from the corner there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad