GDT: 2022-23 season game 39 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 12/29/22

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Would anyone else like to see Fiala with Villardi? I feel like these two are the most creative on the team and would do well together. Fiala-kopitar-villardi

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Proud of the boys though Copley did look unimpressive.
Then you don't know good goaltending! Even the best goalies will have bad periods. What makes goalies great is finding a way to adjust their game. Copley buckled down in the 3rd, OT and the Shootout allowing the Kings to bounce back. Copley having a record of 8-1 since being called up is no fluke!

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
My thoughts having watched the game:

JAD - he’s looking like a player starting to play with confidence, rather than trying too hard not to make a mistake. He’s a great character guy so I hope it continues for him.

Vilardi - I actually think the 3rd line is the right place for him currently when 5/5, as long as he’s the first name down for PP1. He’s got the best shot on the team from those high slot positions and the extra space makes him deadly.

Walker - Credit where it’s due, it was a great goal but he still needs moving.

Durzi - Same story, makes the odd great offensive play and then can’t read anything in his own end. The ‘hit’ on Kopi was typical.

Copley - Battled through, but I agree he needs a break. Quick needs action anyway.

Byfield - Needs more ice time.

They can only beat the teams in front of them, so good comeback. Things have steadied and hopefully they can build on it.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Especially by now you have heard from the league wide media picking up on the story and my bet is at least one GM and probably more have called about Cal but "accidentally" ended asking harder about Copley.
Always had fun with my Ducks fan friend calling Viktor Fasth "Lottery Ticket".

This guy is a Fasth. Appreciate him but holy shit no on a contract.

That was a fun game. Just finished watching. SLC vpn is gold.

Has anyone mentioned Jim's dye job? Got on his scalp. Rough.

Big dick game from 33. He's a really good hockey player. Feel like he's a guy that would be good in 1998 too. That shootout goal is one of the best you'll see. That last touch was devastating.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Then you don't know good goaltending! Even the best goalies will have bad periods. What makes goalies great is finding a way to adjust their game. Copley buckled down in the 3rd, OT and the Shootout allowing the Kings to bounce back. Copley having a record of 8-1 since being called up is no fluke!
They had to bounce back because he wasn’t playing too well. Yeah he bounced back but he was bouncing back for a reason. You don’t get graded for a portion of the test but the entirety of it. I’ve been pretty high on Copley but maybe you should be a bit more cautious before dunking your head into the koolaid.

And let’s not forget the days of Martin Jones and Scrivens in recent history with the numbers they put up. He’s an upgrade right now but he’s only played 9 games.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Copley had a poor game, bound to happen, I think we need to see Quick in their tomorrow, then go back to Copley, JAD and Vilardi are showing some good consistency....

Watched the Avs broadcast, one of the few away ones that is good, amazing to hear how they thought Vilardi was brought up to fast, but then had to go back down and how his DEVELOPMENT is doing wonders.....and here I was thinking LA can't develop dog shit.....because....oh..nevermind....I digress....

I mean then did go on to mention how well Kopitar has been playing and Doughty and again, I thought they were...over the hill, our two weake.....nevermind, got off target again (yes there is a whole shit ton of hyperbole out there) but when you get outside your two goddamn ears and listen other perspectives, if 30 teams are telling you things are looking good......yours might not be the right perspective.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
You gotta give Copley a few games off. Hopefully Quick finds his game of yesteryear
To expect Quick finds his game is unrealistic.

For small goalie like him his game is heavily depends on athleticism and reflexes.

In his age athleticism and reflexes is not the same as it was earlier.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Not only is this an interesting and inportant question, but homeboy is a must follow on twitter. He is the Michael Anthony of Kings reporters

It's gotta be his skating/endurance, he visually slowed down after having a hot start, he's never played this much hockey in an condensed time period.......once he catches up his conditioning that may change....

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004

Durzi - Same story, makes the odd great offensive play and then can’t read anything in his own end. The ‘hit’ on Kopi was typical.

When that happened all I heard was the theme from the Benny Hill Show. Now it plays in my head during all his shifts.

Reactions: lumbergh

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
No you dont. Back to backs is the only time anyone besides Copley should play. We have seen what Quick has to offer and its not good. He looks as done as done gets. Hopefully Cal can get it together and be Copley's backup next year.
In my view Copley is good backup for next year

Quick and Cal are both done.

Kings really in need to find elite starter without trading the most valuable assets.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

JAD - he’s looking like a player starting to play with confidence, rather than trying too hard not to make a mistake. He’s a great character guy so I hope it continues for him.

Vilardi - I actually think the 3rd line is the right place for him currently when 5/5, as long as he’s the first name down for PP1. He’s got the best shot on the team from those high slot positions and the extra space makes him deadly.

Walker - Credit where it’s due, it was a great goal but he still needs moving.

Copley - Battled through, but I agree he needs a break. Quick needs action anyway.

Byfield - Needs more ice time.

They can only beat the teams in front of them, so good comeback. Things have steadied and hopefully they can build on it.
I would like to see him on the PK which would be a start. Those long arms should be huge. Besides, could the PK get any worse?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Watched the Avs broadcast, one of the few away ones that is good, amazing to hear how they thought Vilardi was brought up to fast, but then had to go back down and how his DEVELOPMENT is doing wonders.....and here I was thinking LA can't develop dog shit.....because....oh..nevermind....I digress....

I mean then did go on to mention how well Kopitar has been playing and Doughty and again, I thought they were...over the hill, our two weake.....nevermind, got off target again (yes there is a whole shit ton of hyperbole out there) but when you get outside your two goddamn ears and listen other perspectives, if 30 teams are telling you things are looking good......yours might not be the right perspective.
Makes me wonder what team we would actually be icing if the clown show on this board was responsible for GM decisions for the Kings. I think most every player would have been traded away already.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
While we are desperately trying to give Byfield credit for making a good pass or "looking more confident" Tim Stutzle is out there tearing up the NHL. I know it's a beaten horse but man, It's so incredibly disheartening. Tim would easily be the best player on the team while Byfield is barely grasping an NHL roster spot.

This post boils down to me being incredibly disappointed in Byfield and Turcotte. Watching the guys that went after them become superstars really hurts. If not for Clarke.....sepeku.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
While we are desperately trying to give Byfield credit for making a good pass or "looking more confident" Tim Stutzle is out there tearing up the NHL. I know it's a beaten horse but man, It's so incredibly disheartening. Tim would easily be the best player on the team while Byfield is barely grasping an NHL roster spot.
You have a lot in common with the NYR fanbase.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This list makes my point for me. A bunch of old guys and losers, anyone decent will be re-signed by their current club or cost way too much.

It does not at all :laugh:

Lankinen is younger than Copley and in 8 games is sporting a .925 on a much worse team. We shoudl probably trade a 1st for him and quickly turn around and sign him to a 1m extension.

Why not? or why not just sign him next offseason?

Is it because it's ridiculous because he has no pedigree/history and he's an older journeyman?

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad