GDT: 2022-23 season game 39 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 12/29/22

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
You gotta give Copley a few games off. Hopefully Quick finds his game of yesteryear
No you dont. Back to backs is the only time anyone besides Copley should play. We have seen what Quick has to offer and its not good. He looks as done as done gets. Hopefully Cal can get it together and be Copley's backup next year.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I like the way they moved the puck today and one thing I want them to improve on to be a decent playoff team is to win in regulation.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
No you dont. Back to backs is the only time anyone besides Copley should play. We have seen what Quick has to offer and its not good. He looks as done as done gets. Hopefully Cal can get it together and be Copley's backup next year.
King play 5 in 8 days Jan 3rd to 11th .4 of which are playoff teams most likely. You play Quick Saturday and then ride Copley 4 out of the 5 in those 8 days starting next Tuesday. But I am not coach so will see what Todd does

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It was the reverse retros that did it the Kings thought they were playing the pathetic Rockies hockey team from the late '70's. No wonder LA won

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Here I am watching the Kings play the ah the Rockies. Then put the Flyers game on and see they are playing the California Golden Seals. I must be in time warp or maybe my mind is warped

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I think Copley showed some potential signs of fatigue.
Making it even more impressive he battled back all the way to the shootout to post 8-1.
I would try to get JQ going against Philly and see what he does. He should be hungry as hell.
After a breather, right now I am leaning towards bringing Copley back against Dallas and you gotta start him against the Bruins after what he did last time.
Gotta give Ranford and Blake credit for picking the eyes out of the teeth of the 3rd string goalie market.
It looks to have saved the season thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Kings are showing tons of heart they are just not fighters, some guys have it some don't , unfoutunately are leadership group aren't those guys , have to find someone with the built in trait , watching connors for team usa he seems to have some of that assholiness we are looking for so it may be coming

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Welll that was...dare i say...fun

Bad habits giving up 4 straight in the 2nd for the umpteenth time this year but this time they actually did something about it, so no matter the opponent's status I'll take it

Ice time distro sucked dicks given they're IN colorado, gonna be fun recovery a mile high for a bunch of guys...but Byfield-Kupari-Grundstrom are fresh as a baby's bottom, 6.5 minutes of 5v5 icetime for Byfield, now THAT'S how you reward a guy.

Kings tried to throw that one away in the last few minutes yet again but Copley is fighting for a career, he's not gonna let them. Good on him, I remember before the season I was worried that if Cal/Quick faded your entire season rested on gambling on a guy with 3 NHL games in the 2020s but it's paying off.

More than anything I just appreciate that they're showing that fighting spirit they did last year with all the injuries down the stretch instead of just keeling over and folding like they did all the first third or so of this season.

And no, Copley isn't going to play 50 games, Quick will get some starts whether people like it or not, vs. Philly at home sat is the perfect time. Pheonix has been solid but not "lights out in an unstoppable zone" must play.

Reactions: Telos and ru4reals

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kinda looks that way, I woulda already extended Copper given the Kings goalie pipeline. There still is time for Cal to turn it around and be back up if there is an injury or a slump from one of the other 2. Still time for a HOFer like Quick to turn it around. However it is goalies with Copley's style that are having the most success league wide.

Attachments

• deal or .jpg
    deal or .jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Seattle King

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
King play 5 in 8 days Jan 3rd to 11th .4 of which are playoff teams most likely. You play Quick Saturday and then ride Copley 4 out of the 5 in those 8 days starting next Tuesday. But I am not coach so will see what Todd does
Something like that. Copper is used to playing a lot from his recent AHL experience, where they sometimes play 3 consecutive days.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I think Copley showed some potential signs of fatigue.
I would try to get JQ going against Philly and see what he does. He should be hungry as hell.
After a breather, right now I am leaning towards bringing Copley back against Dallas and you gotta start him against the Bruins after what he did last time.
Gotta give Ranford and Blake credit for picking the eyes out of the teeth of the 3rd string goalie market.
It looks to have saved the season thus far.

Kinda looks that way, I woulda already extended Copper given the Kings goalie pipeline. There still is time for Cal to turn it around and be back up if there is an injury or a slump from one of the other 2. Still time for a HOFer like Quick to turn it around. However it is goalies with Copley's style that are having the most success league wide.
Yeah If I am Blake I got Copley's agent on the phone right after the game. It's time to get ahead of the thing and keep this guy in the organization.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Super happy sexy win.

Mikey Anderson is the new Derek Forbort.

I watched the Avs feed for fun. Their Carrlyn Bathe is hotter than our Carrlyn Bathe.

That Is all.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad