GDT: 2022-23 season game 39 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 12/29/22

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
That's illustrated by my photo, though. All the goalies who put up "copley numbers" signed for less than a million on one year deals.

Bird in a hand, two in a bush is how we have Cal.

You guys can't argue both Cal is a bad contract AND sign Copley now.
Who do you like best?
I don't really like anyone as much as Copley who will be a RFA on the list.
Samsanov, doubt he wants to leave Tor. and is probably getting a raise.
Halak , I like less but its the same with him on NYR.
I wanted to gamble on Copley when he was 3-1 because he could have been had even cheaper but now he has won 5 more games and lost 0 more.
Thats great but the price is going up.
So I think you can argue for just that because it would have been a steal and now its more but still worth it.
JQ's 5.8 is coming of the books
Large, controlled stable goalies are the ones having the most success now in the evolving NHL.
I respectfully disagree.
Now lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
As a matter of fact it WAS discussed on the telecast.

I've been chewing Zach Dooley's ear off for a few months about it and I've been fighting with Jim Fox about it for almost a year and a few games ago I looked up Arvidsson's total primary assists over his time as a King and showed it to Zach and then we started looking into the per 60 rates and just playing around with different ways to highlight the fact that Arvidsson is "the best playmaker on the team" (that's the phrase I've been using) and then clearly that information wound up being shared with the TV and radio guys.

And ordinarily I don't care about credit or who gets it and everybody had a good laugh at practice today about how petty I'm being about demanding credit on this but I'm having a weird month so I'm being petty.

It all seems fun and playful but there’s a subtle undercurrent of a mocking tone from Fox. He’ll talk to you and even mention you on TV but it’s clear that he’ll never accept you as a peer. Probably because of Jack Johnson and/or Bark Madness.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
It all seems fun and playful but there’s a subtle undercurrent of a mocking tone from Fox. He’ll talk to you and even mention you on TV but it’s clear that he’ll never accept you as a peer. Probably because of Jack Johnson and/or Bark Madness.
Is that you Jim?

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
He can be had relatively cheaply now.
If he continues to play close to this the rest of the year its gonna be Cal money or more, or he may wait and see what else he is offered in the summer and end up elsewhere.
Thats the counterpoint to your more conservative approach.
Guys like me and SK have seen enough from Copley and want him extended now for less.
Despite the risk.

Not unable to be resigned or resigned for more or resigned because he pooped out a bit and was affordable.
Its all just perspective.
Looking at what they have , which is jack shiite is another reason to sign him now and try to also acquire another tender as well. Having to acquire two goalies or even one other expensive one is a tough task.
I dont want to trade unless we are getting a bonafide starter in net.
If that happens we have Copley as a backup.
We still need a LHD and some toughness.
I always respect your posts and completely understand your valid arguments.
We will see how the Copley situation is handled by Blake.
One viewpoint will be more correct than than the other.
Man, how many goalies have you signed this year, you've already given quick another 3 years

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Man, how many goalies have you signed this year, you've already given quick another 3 years
🥅
The next 2 years JQ will be as goalie coach.
I extended Copey for 1.1 on December 12th
I am releasing Hrenak and Villalta.
Stuck with Cal he gets another chance eventually.
Still looking to acquire or sign a top flight netminder.
Whoever our top prospect in Europe is (Markstrom?) is getting called over too to the Reign and maybe a look up top.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Who do you like best?
I don't really like anyone as much as Copley who will be a RFA on the list.
Samsanov, doubt he wants to leave Tor. and is probably getting a raise.
Halak , I like less but its the same with him on NYR.
I wanted to gamble on Copley when he was 3-1 because he could have been had even cheaper but now he has won 5 more games and lost 0 more.
Thats great but the price is going up.
So I think you can argue for just that because it would have been a steal and now its more but still worth it.
JQ's 5.8 is coming of the books
Large, controlled stable goalies are the ones having the most success now in the evolving NHL.
I respectfully disagree.
Now lets see what happens.

I agree with a lot of this, I like Copley. I would likely extend him at the end of the year provided it pans out because there's something to be said for mutual stability. My point is just if he were to leave for greener pastures, there are plenty of goalies--on paper--just like him. No one is giving him 3m. Look how many games, for example, a guy like Kuemper had to get in so many different places before making more than 1m or so. Replacement level goalies are ALWAYS available and should he prove to be more, odds are he's going to be pretty happy that LA made him look so good and give us a fair shot at a fair deal unless someone throws him a hilarious payday.

We have a lot to let play out before we start talking about goalie deals here and again, he's not the future, our biggest concern is finding a Wallstedt.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I agree with a lot of this, I like Copley. I would likely extend him at the end of the year provided it pans out because there's something to be said for mutual stability. My point is just if he were to leave for greener pastures, there are plenty of goalies--on paper--just like him. No one is giving him 3m. Look how many games, for example, a guy like Kuemper had to get in so many different places before making more than 1m or so. Replacement level goalies are ALWAYS available and should he prove to be more, odds are he's going to be pretty happy that LA made him look so good and give us a fair shot at a fair deal unless someone throws him a hilarious payday.

We have a lot to let play out before we start talking about goalie deals here and again, he's not the future, our biggest concern is finding a Wallstedt.
I agree we need a future number one as well but I am just worrying about next year for now. Its gonna be interesting for sure.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
That can't be Carrlyn is Queen! Show me a picture
For your viewing pleasure:
791E0795-B003-4542-8EA5-46BED8055274.png

Happy New Year, Friends!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad