GDT: 2022-23 season game 32 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @4:00pm 12/13/22

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Seriously, if none of the players on the ice will go, i'm yanking the backup goalie or an assistant coach over the bench

of all the gutless laydown performances I've seen over the years, this is likely the most embarrassing.

Before I was just on the fire TM and maybe Blake bandwagon, now it's clean house entirely and explore trades for Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, even Danault and Arvidsson. Gotta get ALL the stink out.
At bare minimum you trade Kopitar and Doughty and say Fiala and Danault it’s your team now, step the f*** up.

No one is coming it’s up to us.

Reactions: ibleedkings

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
LOL at TMAC not taking a timeout after the 3rd Goal. I seriously would love to hear what Todds 2nd intermission speech consisted of. Clearly must have been one of the worst in NHL history. Team has quit on him and he has quit on himself and has for sometime.

Said it a while back....Durzi/Walker/Edler/ dont meet the NHL minimum for defense. Add Roy to that list.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And this situation is exactly why that bullshit media blackout day to have a biiiig meeting but only coming out of it waiving Cal is horseshit now.

The entire organization looks inept and literally made JUST CAL the fall guy for *gestures around* all of this.

Remember when that game was supposed to be a turning point? It's only gotten worse since.

How do ANY of these guys stay employed? Maybe Uncle Phil turns on the TV tomorrow when Boston completely shatters us and realizes what an embarrassment he's bankrolling?

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
At bare minimum you trade Kopitar and Doughty and say Fiala and Danault it’s your team now, step the f*** up.

Kopi is not signed beyond next year but the other three are. So in a way that is Blakes plan, and I like it.
Danault looks injured and or fatigued this week but he is an elite two way center. Fiala is elite offensive skill we have not seen since Palffy. We have players developing on the Kings and in Ontario. We need, goaltending a #2 LHD, a large truculent 4c and some of our younger guys and prospects to take the next steps.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
And this situation is exactly why that bullshit media blackout day to have a biiiig meeting but only coming out of it waiving Cal is horseshit now.

The entire organization looks inept and literally made JUST CAL the fall guy for *gestures around* all of this.

Remember when that game was supposed to be a turning point? It's only gotten worse since.

How do ANY of these guys stay employed? Maybe Uncle Phil turns on the TV tomorrow when Boston completely shatters us and realizes what an embarrassment he's bankrolling?
Yeah it's ridiculous. As if the situation with Cal couldn't get any worse, there's probably some real animosity now between him and the org.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Even if they wanted to cut bait and let the kids play, they cant do it, they have packed the roster with vets - only a trade would open up some room for a youth movement. So they are stuck with this f*** job of a roster and a rudderless hopeless leadership. Even if you let Koala go back to OZ and eat leaves, the only thing that does is maybe show some accountability.. but really Blake needs to fire himself as well.

EmuRidingLuffy

Jun 4, 2022
QLD, Australia
Even if they wanted to cut bait and let the kids play, they cant do it, they have packed the roster with vets - only a trade would open up some room for a youth movement. So they are stuck with this f*** job of a roster and a rudderless hopeless leadership. Even if you let Koala go back to OZ and eat leaves, the only thing that does is maybe show some accountability.. but really Blake needs to fire himself as well.
I don't want him here either

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

Why would we give the team to Danault? He is a negative player this season and has 20 points in 31 games. He is also about to turn 30, so it's not like he is going to breakout any year now.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Why would we give the team to Danault? He is a negative player this season and has 20 points in 31 games. He is also about to turn 30, so it's not like he is going to breakout any year now.

There is no one on the roster who is a natural captain. Id give it to Fiala having to make a choice.. but he does too many rash things for a captain.. but he has the fire.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Pretty lame penalty to give them the 5 on 3. I'd have no problem if the refs were consistent with their calls, but they weren't.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Kopitar and Doughty would garner a lot of interest if we retain 50%.

Doughty should’ve been traded f***ing years ago for Marner but that ship sailed.

I’ve said it before, and if RJ is now saying it, it’s the gospel truth. You need to *purge* this franchise. The rot is bone deep. Kopitar, Doughty, Blake, Luc, and Todd all need to go. It’s time for a new era in Los Angeles Kings history for Christ’s sake.

Reactions: Fripp and kinghock

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't think it's for lack of effort, or guts, or toughness, or leadership. Or whatever other nebulous term fans and media like to throw around.

It's just not working. It happens.

I just hope management doesn't do something stupid to try and salvage this season. Like trade quality picks/prospects for a short term fix.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I don't think it's for lack of effort, or guts, or toughness, or leadership. Or whatever other nebulous term fans and media like to throw around.

It's just not working. It happens.

I just hope management doesn't do something stupid to try and salvage this season. Like trade quality picks/prospects for a short term fix.

Someone needs to be traded. We have too many prospects. That’s how we got into this mess. No one is saying trade Byfield or Turcotte for a short term fix.

The reality is that Clarke, Bjornfot, and Spence are all talented young defensemen who should be developing in the NHL but they can’t because yahoos like Walker and Roy are in their way.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Kopitar and Doughty would garner a lot of interest if we retain 50%.

Doughty should’ve been traded f***ing years ago for Marner but that ship sailed.

I’ve said it before, and if RJ is now saying it, it’s the gospel truth. You need to *purge* this franchise. The rot is bone deep. Kopitar, Doughty, Blake, Luc, and Todd all need to go. It’s time for a new era in Los Angeles Kings history for Christ’s sake.
Well, the adage is ‘if you can lose with them, then you can lose without them’. I’m past defending it.

Last years team was ‘greater than the sum of its parts’, but this years team is definitely ‘less than the sum of its parts’. We can blame individual players for phoning it in, but the coaches allow that. A couple of significant trades and a change behind the bench could make this side so much better in the mid term.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Unbelivable what this team is capable, from dominance in 1st, where should put in 3-4 goals to toatal collapse in 3rd.

Which is the issue, imo.

These guys are clearly capable of absolutely dominant hockey on both sides of the puck.

Most nights, though, the effort is a phone in; not all night, but once the going gets tough. They refuse to step up to physical teams--once they get pushed around, mentally or physically, the game is over. And not just over, a near-immediate blowout.

When one player sucks, that's a player issue. When they ALL suck, that's an organizational issue.

Too many nights TM has been speechless, year 4 and no identity, going downhill with a better roster. I'm not sure there's a team in recent NHL history to give up so many goals per game especially in bunches. 6 in one period after what we've seen--and especially after the meeting after the seattle game--should be the trigger on the guillotine.

See...and you think that was a ringing endorsement of TMac.......that just shows everyone how far you have shoved your head up your ass in regards to this....

Yes, because it would be consistent with all the mumbling you've done with TM's boot down your throat and hand puppetting you up your ass up until last night.

If that was a sudden change of tone literally after last night's game, then I apologize for misreading it and welcome aboard.

• Wow
Reactions: Faterson

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Which is the issue, imo.

These guys are clearly capable of absolutely dominant hockey on both sides of the puck.

Most nights, though, the effort is a phone in; not all night, but once the going gets tough. They refuse to step up to physical teams--once they get pushed around, mentally or physically, the game is over. And not just over, a near-immediate blowout.

When one player sucks, that's a player issue. When they ALL suck, that's an organizational issue.

Too many nights TM has been speechless, year 4 and no identity, going downhill with a better roster. I'm not sure there's a team in recent NHL history to give up so many goals per game especially in bunches. 6 in one period after what we've seen--and especially after the meeting after the seattle game--should be the trigger on the guillotine.

Yes, because it would be consistent with all the mumbling you've done with TM's boot down your throat and hand puppetting you up your ass up until last night.

If that was a sudden change of tone literally after last night's game, then I apologize for misreading it and welcome aboard.

There is no change of tone......I'm not married to the f***ing guy, shit, I'm not married to any player,

But the way you.....and others.....try to play armchair GM is absolutely idiotic and infuriating, imagine the hubris to think you know better, from an armchair, than the guy who is with those guys hours upon hours of days doing shit you can't even fathom, it's a f*** ton more complicated than, PLAY THIS GUY......

But back to last night, it's clear he's lost the room, it was slipping....probably last week, last night, after the first goal, they checked out, and when that happens....shit goes sideways fast.....my comment about them hammering the Bruins is mainly a snipe at people thinking they can read this team to know what happens next, shit, they can't even read themselves...

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Been banging the drum since the off-season that this roster is too soft, even for this era, and that is directly Blake’s fault. Teams come in and say no pond hockey and hit the Kings in the mouth and there’s no response other than to stop scoring. They’re obviously not a defensive dynamo, and I get why Koala is pushing them to tighten it up on D but if that’s not working isnt it the coaches job to pivot with what you’ve got and win games 7-6 like it’s 1988? Don’t throw your hands in the air and say I don’t know who we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad