GDT: 2022-23 season game 31 LA Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @3:00pm 12/11/22

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I mean, durz absolutely got taken for a walk on a 1v1 there.

Lots of blame to go around, and most of it is deployment related.
For sure. the same 3 guys minus one still is a big issue. I have no confidence in the top OT unit. They are a disater no matter who is the dman. Yet Todd still throws them out there. Kempe is the biggest liability in ot, not the goalie.

Reactions: mysterman2

EmuRidingLuffy

Jun 4, 2022
QLD, Australia
1670814802452.png

Elite 1RD Sean Durzi.

• Haha
Reactions: ibleedkings

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I was watching the game with my dad and even after coming back to tie the game up in the 3rd we both knew they weren't going win in OT. He bet we'd lose within 15 seconds, I gave them a little more credit and thought they'd lose within a minute. Sad to be right sometimes.

Remember those days when this team was money in OT?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I didn't see the first period, but as per usual, I thought most of the goals were on high quality chances.
Quality chances - up high.

He just can't stop those anymore regardless of how many great low and side to side saves he makes. He drops early and stays low. Pick a corner and you have a goal. The book on Quick is in its third paperback reprint. Might still look good and will battle all night, but its not hard to beat him.

Reactions: mysterman2

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Blake can't bring himself to do it, but he needs to jettison some people, and it is definitely time that players and staff should be feeling the hot seat.

I forgive you. I get it, quick is a legend but to keep apologizing for his dog shit performance....
The performance wasn't good but you were talking shit at the dumbest moments with two odd-man rush cross ice, back-to-back passes and one-timers. That's like saying "Trevor Moore is dog shit because he didn't receive that pass from Durzi the first game of the season." It wasn't a good game, but you're blaming someone for something that isn't their fault at the wrong time. Quick had a bad game, but you say that about goal one. Not the brain-dead defense allowing a 2-on-1 perfect shot one-timer. That's not the one you go welp, f*** this goaltender for not making the miracle save.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

He just can't stop those anymore regardless of how many great low and side to side saves he makes. He drops early and stays low. Pick a corner and you have a goal. The book on Quick is in its third paperback reprint. Might still look good and will battle all night, but its not hard to beat him.
It's kind of always been like that though.

I'm not saying he's playing good or anything. But the Kings are giving up tons of high quality chances most games, and I think most goalies would have shit stats while playing for this team right now.

Reactions: 21Dog

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Name a goalie who doesn’t give up most of their goals up high. Picking a high corner isn’t exactly a magic trick to beating quick. If the shooter can do that they’re scoring more often than not on any goalie.

This is like saying “the book” on being a good goal scorer is shooting from the slot and not the boards. No shit?

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

His swan song is on its 3rd or fourth encore.

Anticipating a Brown style retirement this season, because this has to be as painful for him as it is for us.

Reactions: kinghock

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Mikey Anderson has the team's highest even strength goal differential at a +7. He and Bjornfot are two solid defenders, but if we had a strong defense, they'd be on the second and third pairs. Doughty can still hang as a first pairing defender, we just need a top-pairing left-shot guy to lead the defense. Chychrun, Provorov, or even Hanifin comes to mind, but who knows. Walker needs to go, Edler needs to go, even Roy needs to go. I just can't get over how much better I think our defense would look if we rolled this out:

Provorov - Doughty
Anderson - Spence
Bjornfot - Clarke

I'm not sure what exactly it would take, but at this point I'd certainly trade Kempe if it solved the defense. Fiala basically took Kempe's spot and his mojo. With Byfield back up, one of Kempe or Iafallo is expendable, and I think Kempe will have a lot more trade value.

Fiala - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Lemieux - Lizotte - Grundstrom

Provorov - Doughty
Anderson - Spence
Bjornfot - Clarke

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I didn't watch the game closely, it was kind of on in the background, but I didn't even notice Doughty playing today.

Edit: I just saw on the box score he didn't play. What happened?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I didn't watch the game closely, it was kind of on in the background, but I didn't even notice Doughty playing today.

Edit: I just saw on the box score he didn't play. What happened?
He was a late scratch, lower-body injury

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i remember last night he took a hit i think in the D zone and came up kinda wincing but he finished the shift so i didn't think anything of it til tonight

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Seeing the score I was expecting to see Quick let in some softies but after watching the highlights I don't see how you can really blame any of the goals on him: it was all bad turnovers, deflections, odd man rushes. The defensive structure just seems completely absent this season in favor of goal scoring, which while makes exciting games is not a winning strategy in the long run. I think the only hope this season is that they can figure out how to balance offense and defense properly before it's too late, but maybe trading for a solid defensive defenseman could just slot everyone properly in their roles to make the balance work, we will probably have to overpay from our prospect pool to do that though.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Quick is horseshit.

Thanks for all these years but it’s over. Can’t we just dress him as 3rd defender or so. He has always been overly agressive but this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad