Prospect Info: 2022-23 Prospect Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Denver is up 6-2 in the 3rd. they won the 1st game 6-2 as well. The look to move on to the NCHC frozen four.

UND is in a dog fight with Kucharski's Omaha. Omaha won game 1 2-1 and now UND is up 2-1 in the 3rd.

Boston is playing in the ECAC semis next friday. They beat Vermont 7-3.

Reactions: geehaad

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
UND won game 3 5-2 over Omaha. Omaha likely makes the field despite losing. UND needs to make the final to feel confident about making the field. They play St. Cloud St on Friday in the semis.

Blake had 1 goal in the 3 game series. Kucharski didnt play.

SKA won their series 4-1 against Dinamo.

Last edited:
Reactions: geehaad

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
it could mean nothing, it could mean something, but I noticed that eliteprospects has removed Nikishin's extension from his completed transactions list where it used to appear. I find it odd they would do that. there doesn't seem to be any straightforward IIHF legal way to buy out a contract from the KHL to my knowledge, but it damn sure seems like something is being discussed. if we were able to get him over starting next season and had 2 years of his ELC it would go a bit towards forgiveness for the Meier fiasco.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
it could mean nothing, it could mean something, but I noticed that eliteprospects has removed Nikishin's extension from his completed transactions list where it used to appear. I find it odd they would do that. there doesn't seem to be any straightforward IIHF legal way to buy out a contract from the KHL to my knowledge, but it damn sure seems like something is being discussed. if we were able to get him over starting next season and had 2 years of his ELC it would go a bit towards forgiveness for the Meier fiasco.
couldn't find anything on the russian sports sites. Interesting but probably doesn't mean anything.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC

@Caser Is there any chance you've seen/heard anything about this?

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
12 o'clock starts march madness but it is also big time for Heimosalmi and Kiovunen. both are playing in an elimination game around the same time.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Karpat is down 4-0 in the second period. Does Kiovunen come over for the last few games of Chicago's season?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Karpat is down 4-0 in the second period. Does Kiovunen come over for the last few games of Chicago's season?
His plan a year back in March 2022 was to play one more year in Finland, and he said that after having already signed his ELC in August 2021, so bringing him over seems to be Canes plan at least a year back.

I would guess he boards the plane promptly.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
His plan a year back in March 2022 was to play one more year in Finland, and he said that after having already signed his ELC in August 2021, so bringing him over seems to be Canes plan at least a year back.

I would guess he boards the plane promptly.
On a podcast Yorke said the goal was get them both over before the Chicago season is over but it may not work out with the schedule.

edit: Heimo's Assat squad scored twice in the last 7 minutes of the game to win 2-1 to stay alive. That likely eliminates Heimo as a candidate to play for Chicago this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Koivunen looked very good in playoffs. Unlucky that he only had 1 point. Tieksola ok, but nothing very impressive. But Kärpät mostly looked like shit. How is it even possible to make a team that expensive play that bad?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Koivunen looked very good in playoffs. Unlucky that he only had 1 point. Tieksola ok, but nothing very impressive. But Kärpät mostly looked like shit. How is it even possible to make a team that expensive play that bad?
Well. This one time it happened that both of our goalies got injured in the same game, but, there was this guy who drives the zamboni and he had done some goalieing, so...

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
North Dakota lost to St Cloud St and Denver lost to Colorado college yesterday.

UND lost 3-2 in OT to end their season. We’re on Jackson Blake watch.

Denver lost 1-0 to CC.

Harvard lost to Cornell today in the ECAC championship game.

Reactions: DaveG

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
North Dakota lost to St Cloud St and Denver lost to Colorado college yesterday.

UND lost 3-2 in OT to end their season. We’re on Jackson Blake watch.

Denver lost 1-0 to CC.

Harvard lost to Cornell today in the ECAC championship game.
Blake had a spectacular freshman year, rookie of the year in the NCHC. He's super slippery but physically weak right now. There's next to no chance he comes out this year, and maybe not next year. Aside from needing a lot more strength, his dad is a legend at UND and as a result his ties to the program are strong.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Blake had a spectacular freshman year, rookie of the year in the NCHC. He's super slippery but physically weak right now. There's next to no chance he comes out this year, and maybe not next year. Aside from needing a lot more strength, his dad is a legend at UND and as a result his ties to the program are strong.
It isn’t likely he signs now but possible being a D+2 player

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
moving Makiniemi may not have been a bad thing. Looks like his goalie numbers from last season may have been propped up by Chicago's great season last season.

His GAA is up 0.9 and his SV% is down 0.022 for the SJ Barracudas. he did get two starts in SJ with a win and an an OT loss with a .906 sv%

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
moving Makiniemi may not have been a bad thing. Looks like his goalie numbers from last season may have been propped up by Chicago's great season last season.

His GAA is up 0.9 and his SV% is down 0.022 for the SJ Barracudas. he did get two starts in SJ with a win and an an OT loss with a .906 sv%
Even if he was playing well I'd still say it wouldn't be a bad thing -- Burns has fit in perfectly here on the top pair and we've got him pretty cheap for his production for 2 more years.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Who could have foreseen him rising from the dead?

It’s an absolute miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad