GDT: 2022-23 NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I always thought GMGM didn’t get enough credit for building the Caps team that won a cup. Hopefully now he gets recognized.
What do you mean hopefully now? What’s changed.

Also agreed. Bringing in Trotz, Niskanen, Orpik, Oshie, Williams, and others were all great moves.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think Bobrovsky would have had a shot at a Conn Smythe, even as the losing goaltender ala Giguere in 2003, if he hadn't been absolutely shelled three times in the finals.

Now it could be a toss up for about half of the Vegas forewards. I'd lean towards Stone, but Marchessault, Eichel, and Stephenson will be in the conversation.

Reactions: Drakon

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You know who I'm bummed for? Nate Schmidt. Just barely missed out on being a part of the Capitals Cup, lost to the Caps in the Finals, then got traded a couple years before Vegas wins the Cup.

Really happy for George McPhee though. He's given his life to this game for so long, and came so close a few times before. Sad that Dave Prior couldn't be there as well.

vbE2NUr.jpg
7O6kqhA.jpg

Pumped for Stephenson, too.

Cassidy? Blegh, whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: max21 and Corby78

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Remember when Dale Tallon agreed to trade Reilly Smith for a 4th round pick to provide incentive for Vegas to pick Jonathan Marchessault (coming off a 30 goal season) over Alex Petrovic? :biglaugh:

Well Marchessault just won the Conn Smythe. Alex Petrovic has been in the AHL for the past four years.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Quick being the first goalie to raise the Cup despite not playing in the playoffs and only being on the team for a hot second is a weird one.

It was the ex-Kings contingent tho. McNabb to Martinez to Quick.

Reactions: um and Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille