GDT: 2022-23 NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Quick being the first goalie to raise the Cup despite not playing in the playoffs and only being on the team for a hot second is a weird one.

It was the ex-Kings contingent tho. McNabb to Martinez to Quick.
And he's not even eligible to have his name on this Cup, unless the Knights org agree to put him there. I think they get a few extra names they can add?

Reactions: Hivemind

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
He dressed for every game in the finals, no?
Oh well if he was the backup in the finals then he'll get his name on the Cup and his 3rd ring.

A single appearance in a Cup final game qualifies. Seems kind of undeserved in his case but them's the rules!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
he built them both from a position of total luck. lucked into Ovie after a pretty disastrous early tenure. and built Vegas up from the ground with a hugely favorable expansion draft.

Sure, Ovie was a lucky/obvious pick, but he also made a solid handful of other picks that directly lead to the Cup. Backie, Kuzy, Holtby, Wilson, Carlson, even Beagle, Burky and Stephenson all contributed highly and none of them were obvious/lucky picks, they were very good draft picks/adds at their respective slots.

I have no problem giving GMGM his props for what he left us with, and GMBM for what he did to tinker/augment it into a magical Cup.

As for Vegas, they are dead to me so while I give Georgie his props, I do consider that entire roster 100% luck :D

Reactions: Calicaps and Drakon

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
I guess we forget he didn't address our shitty defense for years when Ovi was here. #1stlineschultz
I remember him trying to a number of times. He was honestly a bit ahead of his time with the mobile PMD thing, but clearly saw the direction the game was going. I'm not giving him a pass for the level of pro scouting though, some of the acquisitions weren't good, even within the scheme of what he was trying to do.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Also the parade of wingers and washed up centers he kept shoving into the 2C slot. It still feels crazy to me they won the President's Trophy in 2010 with 34 year old Brendan Morrison centering their second line.
How much Center did Laich play in 2010? Feels like he got a lot of time.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
How much Center did Laich play in 2010? Feels like he got a lot of time.
Probably a lot. He was the 2nd highest center and fourth highest forward for average ice time. Still awful so the complaint stands.

I feel like such an outcast when those times are brought up, Laich was Brouwer before Brouwer too me. Couldn't stand him, felt he was such an over-rated player.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I guess we forget he didn't address our shitty defense for years when Ovi was here. #1stlineschultz

Remember when we could have had Pronger during a crucial run and we passed, however with Vegas system had no problems get Pietrangelo.

Reactions: Calicaps and um

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Probably a lot. He was the 2nd highest center and fourth highest forward for average ice time. Still awful so the complaint stands.

I feel like such an outcast when those times are brought up, Laich was Brouwer before Brouwer too me. Couldn't stand him, felt he was such an over-rated player.
I’m surprised to read that. I loved me some Laich.

I think of Brouwer as a dude who ran around making useless hits, but Laich was an all around workhouse who could play anywhere in the lineup. He was a less skilled Oshie

Remember when we could have had Pronger during a crucial run and we passed, however with Vegas system had no problems get Pietrangelo.
Pronger and Chara a few years earlier. GMGM wasted the peak of the GOAT goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese