Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
cut.jpg

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
this is what happened in 2018. Vegas beats Jets in 5 while we take 7 games. MAF cools off for the finals after a long break and the Caps beat them easily.

Long breaks going into the Finals are deadly, especially for teams overachieving.
Yea, FL’s D is kinda trash (def not Cup worthy on paper), and have been propped up by Bob. Plus Gudas got knocked out of both games. They’re not good enough if Bob isn’t lights out. Vegas’ D is deep, and playing fantastic, not letting much get through to Hill. Seems like most cinderella teams with hot goalies (like MAF in 2018) get caved in when they reach the SCF.

It wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but the refs throwing Tkachuck out twice last night was kinda ridiculous. He got jumped after the Eichel hit, and gets 2 and 10 for defending himself? Weird.

Anyways, would be nice if FL can hold serve at home and make this a series. Too many blowouts and short series this postseason.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Yea, FL’s D is kinda trash (def not Cup worthy on paper), and have been propped up by Bob. Plus Gudas got knocked out of both games. They’re not good enough if Bob isn’t lights out. Vegas’ D is deep, and playing fantastic, not letting much get through to Hill. Seems like most cinderella teams with hot goalies (like MAF in 2018) get caved in when they reach the SCF.

It wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but the refs throwing Tkachuck out twice last night was kinda ridiculous. He got jumped after the Eichel hit, and gets 2 and 10 for defending himself? Weird.

Anyways, would be nice if FL can hold serve at home and make this a series. Too many blowouts and short series this postseason.
Knowing Tkachuk he probably started sucker punching people or spearing someone’s nuts, we didn’t get to see it.

Whatever stupid thing he did he probably cost his team a power play, as there was no penalty on the hit.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Matty Tkachuk keeping Tom Wilson’s trade value high. You love to see it!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
We have a series….
Jeez I dunno, man - Panthers with the late tie and the OT win but i think Vegas were the much better team. I think Vegas will come out fired up in game 4 and take control early on.

Agree with you about Barkov. He looks to be one of those guys who is great in the regular season but doesn't have that next level in the playoffs. And with Tkachuk taking centre stage it was the perfect opportunity for the pressure to be off Barkov but he still hasn't really done anything.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Jeez I dunno, man - Panthers with the late tie and the OT win but i think Vegas were the much better team.
I don't know that it really matters to the Panthers though, they've been like that all playoffs they have what, 7 OT wins? This post season when their backs have been against the wall they've shown up. I'm betting on this one going 6 or 7 and my money is still on the Panthers to win it.

Reactions: Calicaps

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I hope you're right - I've always liked the Panthers and would be happy to see them win a Cup.

But I think Vegas as a team are way stronger mentally than the teams Florida has beaten so far, and I think Bruce Cassidy is a much better coach (than Keefe, Brindamour, and Montgomery). Goaltending will likely be the difference. Is Bobrovsky back to form after those awful performances in the first 2 games? Can Adin Hill continue his incredible run? Neither team has a fallback option in goal if either of those guys fall apart.

I guess we'll find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad