GDT: 2022-23 NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I'm pretty much ready for the finals to end, regardless of who wins, because I want trade/hot stove season to kick into high gear.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What a beauty Chandler is, can’t believe we gave him away.

He was 25 and his Cap Hit was 1 million. What the Fudge!
He was awful the year he was traded. 4 points in 24 games and was in the bottom one or two for almost all underlying metrics. He looked like the carriage that turned back into a pumpkin. He’s probably never the player here that he developed to in Vegas because he was never going to center guys like Mark Stone or be given the type of responsibility here that he has there. Rightfully or wrongfully he was never going to supplant Backstrom or Kuznetsov as a top six center and Eller was still one of the more effective 3Cs in the league.

Would I love to have a center lineup of Stephenson, Strome, McMichael, and Dowd next season? Obviously, and I’m not saying trading him was a good idea but the reason he was traded is because he wasn’t very good in his role and he was surplus to requirements.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
He was awful the year he was traded. 4 points in 24 games and was in the bottom one or two for almost all underlying metrics. He looked like the carriage that turned back into a pumpkin. He’s probably never the player here that he developed to in Vegas because he was never going to center guys like Mark Stone or be given the type of responsibility here that he has there. Rightfully or wrongfully he was never going to supplant Backstrom or Kuznetsov as a top six center and Eller was still one of the more effective 3Cs in the league.

Would I love to have a center lineup of Stephenson, Strome, McMichael, and Dowd next season? Obviously, and I’m not saying trading him was a good idea but the reason he was traded is because he wasn’t very good in his role and he was surplus to requirements.
I remember, it’s just a damn shame that the coaches and management completely missed the potential of Stephenson. A lot of us fans did too.

Oh well I guess. I am enjoying rooting for him to get cup #2 though.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Florida looks like they’re out of gas. Their game plan right now looks like they’re hoping Bob goes god mode and they can be opportunistic in capitalizing on a few scoring chances every game. Vegas has been all over them and are consistently generating quality scoring chances. Hard to see the Panthers getting back in this one… long-suffering Vegas fans will finally, after all this time, get to see their team win a Cup. (Not bitter at all.)

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Florida looks like they’re out of gas. Their game plan right now looks like they’re hoping Bob goes god mode and they can be opportunistic in capitalizing on a few scoring chances every game. Vegas has been all over them and are consistently generating quality scoring chances. Hard to see the Panthers getting back in this one… long-suffering Vegas fans will finally, after all this time, get to see their team win a Cup. Not bitter at all.
It's gross. But this Vegas team is a machine. Watching last game I was thinking how the two are polar opposites. One (Knights) smooth clean, talented, and kinda boring/figure skate-y, the other (Panthers) scrappy lunch-pail, opportunistic, fun/cardiac. But in the end, I think Vegas' stars are just better and more numerous.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Interestingly the Flyers won their Cups in years 7 and 8 of them entering the league.

Looks like the Isles won their first in year 7 as well.

Oilers won their first 5 years after entering the league.

So it's not like Vegas are doing something that hasn't been done before, by winning a Cup in their 6th year of existence.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Interestingly the Flyers won their Cups in years 7 and 8 of them entering the league.

So it's not like Vegas are doing something that hasn't been done before, by winning a Cup in their 6th year of existence.
Interesting. Thanks for the stats. But it aint over until a larger size woman sings.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

There weren’t 31 other teams in the league then. Also Edmonton was around for seven years in the WHL before mergin with the NHL, so they were a 12 year old franchise. Phili struggled up until the won, then they took off.

Last edited:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Don't say I didn't warn you --TV ratings for the Cup this year have been brutal:

Oh no! The Billionaires and millionaires are gonna make a little less!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Don't say I didn't warn you --TV ratings for the Cup this year have been brutal:

The league's TV deal is a disaster and did them no favors this spring.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

This is about as unsurprising as the full Moon coming up on time so not sure it is news.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
F it….let Vegas win this thing at home. It could be the greatest post Cup city-wide celebration ever. EVERYONE should see the sun come up in Vegas!

Wish I was there.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The post about the 70's expansion teams winning relatively in this time frame makes me feel okay about it , and maybe we shouldn't hate Vegas because, like... I mean we won, right?

But still. Would have preferred florida.

Reactions: PlushMinus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad