GDT: 2022-23 NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I want to see basketball players put up their dukes after a player gets fouled.

Reaching in? Gotta answer the bell. Over the back? Hope you like a knuckle sandwich. Charging? Better keep your head up in the future. Blocking? Oh you better believe you’re going to wake up in a hospital bed…if you’re lucky.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I love hockey. A clean hit turns into a fight.

Imagine a football player getting into a fight because his teammate got hit hard. He’d be fined and maybe suspended. In hockey it’s just part of the game! Just fight! Who cares! Just throw punches!
Are you…..watching the game or something?

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Florida is a thoroughly unlikable team. They're such pouty babies. And anyone who doesn't think hockey is random as hell, just watch that last goal.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I want to see basketball players put up their dukes after a player gets fouled.

Reaching in? Gotta answer the bell. Over the back? Hope you like a knuckle sandwich. Charging? Better keep your head up in the future. Blocking? Oh you better believe you’re going to wake up in a hospital bed…if you’re lucky.
Sarcasm aside I'd be fine if some NBA players got touched up now and then. Game would be better if they could police a little.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
After this game you gotta wonder if Matthew Tkachuk has what it takes to win The Big Game.

He’s no Brett Howden. That’s for sure.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
After this game you gotta wonder if Matthew Tkachuk has what it takes to win The Big Game.

He’s no Brett Howden. That’s for sure.
Mentally? This pretty much confirms he doesn't. Averaging 13 minutes a game in the finals because you can't stop being an idiot isn't something that inspires confidence. At least Willy makes hockey plays, this guy is just a rat like Marchand.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Mentally? This pretty much confirms he doesn't. Averaging 13 minutes a game in the finals because you can't stop being an idiot isn't something that inspires confidence. At least Willy makes hockey plays, this guy is just a rat like Marchand.

Exactly. He might have 100+ points in the regular season and sure he may have scored 3 playoff OT winners en route to the final.

But when the games really matter where is he to be found? Give me Keegan Kolesar over Tkachuk any day of the week. He’s a true winner.

Reactions: Jags

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Sure Twabby. He's completely melting down in the Finals, but your sarcasm means you're so much smarter.

Reactions: PlushMinus

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Sarcasm aside I'd be fine if some NBA players got touched up now and then. Game would be better if they could police a little.
The current state of the NBA is a cautionary tale for those weirdos that want less physicality in the NHL.

Can’t hand check, can’t breathe near a guy, and dudes dribble nonchalantly into the lane unimpeded. No one pays a price going into the paint anymore. And now you can even challenge calls, which the refs still get wrong (another bad idea on many NHL fan’s wishlists).

It’s weak and weird, lol. MJ would avg 60/game in this version of the NBA.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
It is pretty funny. A week ago the Panthers were a team of destiny and people were comparing them to the Caps when they won the Cup. Oh, and Tkachuk was the missing ingredient that every championship team needed.

Now he's s rat and a bad teammate and "not the kind of guy I want on MY team".

JFC, there must be quite a few people walking around with neck braces on from the whiplash.

Vegas are a fantastic team. I don't particularly like them and would prefer they don't win a Cup but all credit to them. If (when?) they win this Cup they have earned it and fully deserve it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Panthers lost their magic during the break. Bob no longer stands on his head and Panthers seem to fall apart when they fall behind. In the first 3 series they were brilliant playing from behind.

Need a big 2 games from them at home or it's game, set and match quickly.

Reactions: Calicaps and um

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Panthers lost their magic during the break. Bob no longer stands on his head and Panthers seem to fall apart when they fall behind. In the first 3 series they were brilliant playing from behind.

Vegas didn't touch the Campbell trophy.

Panthers not only touched the Prince of Wales trophy they paraded it around the ice like it was the Stanley Cup.

Every hockey player should know this by now.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

this is what happened in 2018. Vegas beats Jets in 5 while we take 7 games. MAF cools off for the finals after a long break and the Caps beat them easily.

Long breaks going into the Finals are deadly, especially for teams overachieving.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Florida is a thoroughly unlikable team. They're such pouty babies. And anyone who doesn't think hockey is random as hell, just watch that last goal.

Don't think either team is very 'likable'. Vegas was team crybaby after we took over the series in 2018.

Also, Tkachuk's hit on Eichel: Didn't see anything wrong with it after all the replays.

Florida needs the next game or their whole season and remarkable post-season will be shitty-fluted.

Maybe it's a combo of rest makes rust and also fatigue from playing playoff hockey since March?

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad