Celtics/NBA 2022-23 NBA Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'd be more worried if any of these rumors were coming out of Boston but it looks like they're all coming from Brooklyn.
It's doesn't really matter where the rumors are coming from. They are or have talk about a trade and now Tatum is working out with KD. Jaylen Brown is still human and these type of things effect people. The optics are not good and if these rumors continue all season it could be problematic.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I totally disagree - the only time that Celtic fans ( and Brown himself ) should start worrying is when the KD trade rumors start coining from Boston sources.
uh, that's not happening, and it's the entire league, not just Boston, that Brooklyn has been trying to fleece...... except nobody has bought it or seen what it truly is..... why would Stevens be actively shopping Jaylen since he showed up here as a coach.....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tatum says he played through a broken wrist in the playoffs. It was for sure on that Giannis hard foul. I said in this thread after that foul he refused to attack the rim the rest of the playoffs and I just thought he was being a p***y. If that’s true I can definitely give him a little bit of a pass.
Looks like he hurt it against the Hawks in February and that play reaggravated the injury

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I'd be more worried if any of these rumors were coming out of Boston but it looks like they're all coming from Brooklyn.

pretty much where I'm at with this. All the rumors are coming from the Brooklyn side and it's most likely from KD's camp even though no one wants him because he is on the wrong side of thirty and becoming injury prone along with all the other baggage.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

I like Tatum a lot as a player, but holy crap this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard come out of his mouth. So let me get this right. Dame Lillard is out for one year because of injury and all of a sudden because he didn't ride the coattails of another superstar player like LeBron to get a ring, he's automatically not a top 5 point guard or top 15 player in the league? Kyrie is out there as a part time player and still can't win on his own without LeBron, as evident by the fact he is trying to crawl back to Bron Bron and win another ring off someone else's back. And I get that Kyrie and Tatum are boys (I have no idea why they are still boys when it is clear Kyrie has gone mentally insane), but come on Tatum. You know damn well Kyrie isn't a top 5 point guard or top 15 player either when he only shows up for half a season and plays like trash. Hell, I will go as far to say that Kyrie isn't even top 25 and is barely top 30 at this point.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I totally disagree - the only time that Celtic fans ( and Brown himself ) should start worrying is when the KD trade rumors start coming from Boston sources.
You can think what you want about KD, but he is still one of the best players in the league and of his generation, the Celtics would be stupid to not at least listen to Brooklyn. The fact that Jaylen is/or has been discussed in a trade and the fact that the KD situation hasn't been resolved, could definitely be an issue. Plus you got Tatum and KD working out together. Their is no way Brown wouldn't at least look a bit sideways at Tatum with that going on.

StonedZboril

Jul 8, 2022

I like Tatum a lot as a player, but holy crap this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard come out of his mouth. So let me get this right. Dame Lillard is out for one year because of injury and all of a sudden because he didn't ride the coattails of another superstar player like LeBron to get a ring, he's automatically not a top 5 point guard or top 15 player in the league? Kyrie is out there as a part time player and still can't win on his own without LeBron, as evident by the fact he is trying to crawl back to Bron Bron and win another ring off someone else's back. And I get that Kyrie and Tatum are boys (I have no idea why they are still boys when it is clear Kyrie has gone mentally insane), but come on Tatum. You know damn well Kyrie isn't a top 5 point guard or top 15 player either when he only shows up for half a season and plays like trash. Hell, I will go as far to say that Kyrie isn't even top 25 and is barely top 30 at this point.

You didn’t get it right. He literally thinks they both are. He’s pushing back on Taylor Rooks about the Dame thing. Also as annoying as Kyrie is, go look at that dudes stats. He’s one of the best scoring guards in the league.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
You didn’t get it right. He literally thinks they both are. He’s pushing back on Taylor Rooks about the Dame thing. Also as annoying as Kyrie is, go look at that dudes stats. He’s one of the best scoring guards in the league.

I stand corrected after listening to the audio again. I retract.

Reactions: StonedZboril

StonedZboril

Jul 8, 2022
Did we get invade by trolls?

Kyrie Irving is garbage. He can take all of his points and shove them up his nose. He's a horrendous teammate and last I checked, it is still a team sport.
Yeah I’m not a troll. Been watching basketball religiously for the past 26 years. He’s one of the best scoring guards I’ve ever seen. I agree with everything you’re saying, basically. I also think he’s a horrendous teammate and I would never ever want him back on the Celtics. I do think he has a lot of black marks on his resume. However, denying that he has superstar level skill/numbers is goofy to me and I don’t think him being a toxic person negates that. Kobe Bryant was a horrible dick/bad teammate, he also raped someone. Carmelo Anthony was incredibly selfish and his teams had a hard time winning. Dwight Howard in his prime was hated by many of his teammates. Chris Paul, another HOF player has been plagued by the reputation of being a horrible teammate. Again, not a Kyrie fan here. Tons of criticisms of him. I just think if you watch the interview what Tatum is saying is very reasonable.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Well, now that the Durant trade is off, things will settle. Too bad, I was in favor of the trade. I think they are now the second or third best team in the East. I like Mil better and I think the Sixers are there with a motivated, fit Harden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad