Celtics/NBA 2022-23 NBA Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
it's the same story regurgitated since KD 1st demanded out of Brooklyn... that's why I quit posting on it.... nothing has changed league-wide regarding Durant's status I believe Durant got duped by Kyrie and is continuing to get duped by Kyrie at the expense of Tsai, which is why the Nets have a credibility issue and would state that about any organization that employs Kyrie Irving.... we all know who's running the Nets by now don't we indirectly..... glad Brad got Danny to dump Kyrie....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tatum just owned Durant in the playoffs and they think we should add on top of him

I’d hang up the phone and never talk to their regime again, I don’t blame Durant for wanting to get away from those obvious morons

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Tatum just owned Durant in the playoffs and they think we should add on top of him

I’d hang up the phone and never talk to their regime again, I don’t blame Durant for wanting to get away from those obvious morons
why would any respectable NBA GM/Executive talk to Brooklyn after what has been pulled or reported publically

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBA announces #6 will be retired league-wide following the passing of Bill Russell; any player currently wearing it will be allowed to continue to until leaving the league (similiar to 42 RULE in MLB)

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Per The Athletic, the Nets are telling teams that since the Celtics have made Jaylen Brown available in trade discussions, that they shouldn't bother discussing a KD trade unless they make their 2nd-best player available.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
have to wonder if the Celtics would really move Brown at this point, or are just screwing with the Nets to make that situation fester longer.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Per The Athletic, the Nets are telling teams that since the Celtics have made Jaylen Brown available in trade discussions, that they shouldn't bother discussing a KD trade unless they make their 2nd-best player available.
some reports are also saying either Durant leaves in September or retires outright a la Ben Simmons in Philly, now does that also mean that Marks/Nash are gone if Durant is gone...... based off what KD said about management which was denied by Tsai

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'm not. It's all a ploy in the end.
I'm sure it is to some degree, but Jalyen Brown already seems a bit peeved to have his name in trade rumors. I can see this being an issue if it continues throughout the season. Not to mention a major distraction

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure it is to some degree, but Jalyen Brown already seems a bit peeved to have his name in trade rumors. I can see this being an issue if it continues throughout the season. Not to mention a major distraction

Jaylen is going to be the next big thing they have to deal with. Next year they are going to have to be willing to offer a max contract, and hope he is willing to spend the remainder of his career as a 2nd banana

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jaylen is going to be the next big thing they have to deal with. Next year they are going to have to be willing to offer a max contract, and hope he is willing to spend the remainder of his career as a 2nd banana

But even so its not like they have no leverage. Even if there is no extension next summer you likely get to move him in a sign and trade vs lose for nothing and you get 2 more cracks with this core. NBA contracts are only getting shorter too. The best return isn't a player its a couple unprotected picks from a bad team that signs him Brown is worth a max deal but hes no superstar and isn't even in the top half of max players.

Hes on the team that has the best odds to win the title next year I think Brown can handle the chatter. But it should have been nixed immediately offer them Horford for Durant with White and some picks.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
But even so its not like they have no leverage. Even if there is no extension next summer you likely get to move him in a sign and trade vs lose for nothing and you get 2 more cracks with this core. NBA contracts are only getting shorter too. The best return isn't a player its a couple unprotected picks from a bad team that signs him Brown is worth a max deal but hes no superstar and isn't even in the top half of max players.

Hes on the team that has the best odds to win the title next year I think Brown can handle the chatter. But it should have been nixed immediately offer them Horford for Durant with White and some picks.
no talks ever were happening with any NBA Team, Brad, based on what the Nets were asking for in return.... including Boston.... everybody forgets Jaylen Brown would be a Brooklyn Net right now had Danny not dealt KG/Pierce in that trade... how did a perennial playoff team like ours land a top 5 selection in the draft when the average selection is at the bottom of the 1st round.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
no talks ever were happening with any NBA Team, Brad, based on what the Nets were asking for in return.... including Boston.... everybody forgets Jaylen Brown would be a Brooklyn Net right now had Danny not dealt KG/Pierce in that trade... how did a perennial playoff team like ours land a top 5 selection in the draft when the average selection is at the bottom of the 1st round.

Definitely one of the worst trades in the history of the sport. So many things had to go wrong for that disaster to have occurred from the Nets POV. It was indefensible the day it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad