Celtics/NBA 2022-2023 Regular Season Part 1 - Jaylen Brown believed to suffer facial fracture, will miss time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
i cant help but feel a little disappointed in the deadline. we have all of our firsts but are just gonna be picking in the high 20s - i realize they have similar value for other teams but it really seemed like it was about time to put 3-4 together with someone like brogdon and/or grant for something impactful. knowing my luck, we'll get prime MJ in the buyout market and this post will look dumb but meh at this afternoon for now.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NOT Surprised Crowder wasn't staying in Brooklyn.... much like when the Durant trade broke most were saying Crowder likely was heading to Milwaukee

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hard to find fault with what Brad has done with this team

Muscala was a big positive when he was on the court for the Thunder. 9 points above water with him on, 2 points under water when he was off. The spacing he provides at the 5 is very valuable in the modern NBA

The picks surrendered are a 2029 2nd and the worst of our 2023 2nds

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Hard to find fault with what Brad has done with this team

Muscala was a big positive when he was on the court for the Thunder. 9 points above water with him on, 2 points under water when he was off. The spacing he provides at the 5 is very valuable in the modern NBA

The picks surrendered are a 2029 2nd and the worst of our 2023 2nds

Basically got him for free.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Here's an obscure stat from ESPN: Muscala ranks fifth in the league in 3-point percentage this season among players 6-foot-10 or taller who have taken at least three 3-pointers per game.

Start planning the parade. :nod:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The buyout market is where the Celtics cab fit 1 more player.

It's gonna be interesting who is available and what Brad wants to do.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The buyout market is where the Celtics cab fit 1 more player.

It's gonna be interesting who is available and what Brad wants to do.
there really is no need to go the buyout route.... if you have past TPE exceptions as well most notably Schroder's after last year's deal to Houston.... much like it didn't cost to add Snell from the available player pool in Maine....

StonedZboril

Jul 8, 2022
Wyc IS a phony with his this is the year statements. They will not beat the Bucks with this roster. Take that to the bank. I don't think beat the Suns, Warriors, or even Sixers either.
Dude the sixers get smoked by us on the regular. Did you just watch us beat them with four starters out? We are the deepest team in the league. That’s why we didn’t add any big players to the roster. Muscala is an upgrade on Kornet and gives us more depth at our shallowest position. Who pissed in your cereal?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Injury/player update: vs. CHA Tonight (ESPN/NBCSB);

OUT:

Brown;

Smart;

Gallinari;

Probable:

Horford;

RW III;

Unknown status: Muscala (trade has been completed/ will he be used by Mazzulla in spots if available)

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I was disappointed that we didn't get someone better at the tall but it didn't cost us anything for what we got. We did not solve my problem of RW III always being out. IMO we didn't add equal to or better than at our big position. Brad still has the buyout to improve the team for this season. As of now I don't think the present make up of this team, against the improved after trade deadline teams, can win the championship but a lot can happen between now and the final championship round.

Go Celtics

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Wyc IS a phony with his this is the year statements. They will not beat the Bucks with this rosteshoukdr. Take that to the bank. I don't think beat the Suns, Warriors, or even Sixers either.
Should have left the Sixers off your list after the game on Wed. Night with everyone on the Celtics out.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Muscala has been assigned # 57.... since 33 is in the Rafters..... no word yet on updates to Tatum (illness) or Al/RW III being upgraded from Probable to available; 4 games remain in the 1st half.... and Sunday vs. Memphis will be on ABC;

Update: Brogdon and Tatum are 75% as Brogdon was added to injury report; Al is 50% and RW III is available.... C's will not have Brown/Gallinari or Smart tonight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad