2022-2023 Premier League (part one)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
It wouldn’t surprise me if, I’m 20 years or so, we look back at betting ads the same way we look back at cigarette ads from decades ago. With a collective “wtf were they thinking letting something so destructive just go out there and brainwash everyone with abusive and manipulative tactics”

This is where it will likely head.

European sports betting boomed before it happened in America. It's been this way for a while here. Nothing been done to avoid yet, it's at the crest of the wave right now. And UK has the biggest problem with gambling, and it has nothing to do with what Toney did.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The accusation says it happened in Brazil on a day he played against Bournemouth. Bit of a joke really.

An ESPN article has more details and says the police report contains 4 separate incidents.

Regarding the May 20th incident it says (google translated from Portuguese to English)

"Cavallin also reported having already been threatened by Antony, on May 20, when he had already returned to Brazil."

I'm not sure if that's a translation error or a factual error because obviously "on May 20, when he had already returned to Brazil." is not true. So I'm not sure if that's supposed to say "when she had already returned"

Either way, sounds like it's more than just a single incident.

If United staff indeed did cover for him, I hope the entire thing gets blown up.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
An ESPN article has more details and says the police report contains 4 separate incidents.

Regarding the May 20th incident it says (google translated from Portuguese to English)

"Cavallin also reported having already been threatened by Antony, on May 20, when he had already returned to Brazil."

I'm not sure if that's a translation error or a factual error because obviously "on May 20, when he had already returned to Brazil." is not true. So I'm not sure if that's supposed to say "when she had already returned"

Either way, sounds like it's more than just a single incident.

If United staff indeed did cover for him, I hope the entire thing gets blown up.

Without knowing anything else, confusing he and she is a very easy thing to do for machine translation from a language that does not obligatorily use pronouns for third person verbs. Heck for people from those languages too. I often hear people from south america mess up he and she

Reactions: luiginb

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I didn't read where it says it happened in Brazil, just that the case was filed in Brazil

Could be translation problems like Hatterson said, but I definitely saw an article that said it happened in Brazil. Also if it’s more than an isolated incident then obviously that’s problematic, hopefully that’s not the case but I guess well see.

Reactions: bluesfan94

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Without knowing anything else, confusing he and she is a very easy thing to do for machine translation from a language that does not obligatorily use pronouns for third person verbs. Heck for people from those languages too. I often hear people from south america mess up he and she

Yea I'm kinda figuring it was a mistake in translation.

The May 20th incident was apparently him calling her and threatening her over the phone so the idea that she returned to Brazil while he was still in Manchester and then he called to say he'd mess her up if he saw her with anyone isn't insane. Him playing against Bournemouth certainly wouldn't impact his ability to make a phone call.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm bored, so here's a list of all EPL teams' academies ordered by how many league goals their academy graduates have scored for that team (e.g., Levi Colwill's goals (if any) will not count for Chelsea). I tried to be fairly generous as to who is an academy product, but let me know if I missed anyone. I'll try to keep this updated, but I might not. In the event of ties, alphabetical order is used.

TeamGoalsPlayers
Tottenham31Kane (30), Skipp (1), Tanganga (0), White (0)
Arsenal21Saka (14), Nketiah (4), ESR (0), Nelson (3)
Manchester United21Rashford (17), Maidoo (0), Williams (0), Elanga (0), Tuanzebe (0), McTominay (1), Mengi (0), Garnacho (3), Iqbal (0)3
Leicester City15Barnes (13), Dewsbury-Hall (2), Thomas (0)
Manchester City11Foden (11), Palmer (0), Lewis (0)
Southampton11Ward-Prowse (9), Walcott (2), Vokins (0)
Nottingham Forest9Worrall (1), Mighten (0), Johnson (8), Yates (0)
Chelsea8Loftus-Cheek (0), Chalobah (0), Broja (1), Mount (3), Gallagher (3), James (1), Hall (0), Hutchinson (0), Humphreys (0)
Crystal Palace8Mitchell (1), Zaha (7), Clyne (0), Rodney (0), Wells-Morrison (0)
Brighton & Hove Albion8Dunk (1), March (7), Sarmiento (0)
Aston Villa6J. Ramsey (6), A. Ramsey (0)
Liverpool6Jones (3), Elliott (1), Phillips (0), TAA (2)
Everton4Gordon (3), Davies (0), Simms (1)
West Ham United4Johnson (0), Coventry (0), Rice (4), Ashby (0), Mubama (0)
Leeds United3Strujik (2), Drameh (0), Greenwood (1), Gray (0)
Bournemouth3Anthony (3), Zemura (0)
Newcastle United2Dummett (0), Longstaff (1), Anderson (0), Burn (1)
Brentford0Maghoma (0)
Fulham0Chalobah (0), Francois (0), Harris (0)
Wolverhampton Wanderers0Bueno (0), Campbell (0), Lembikisa (0)
Updated this today because I was bored.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
pl_attacks_microscope.png

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad