2022-2023 Premier League (part one)

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
There's no chance of that happening.
There has been a rumor Klopp is trying to recruit him.

He's had eyes on him for a while, and during the final game of the season between Tottenham and Liverpool, there's speculation that Klopp whispered to Sonny at the end of the game expressing interest.

We never know. Mane's gone, and they may want another assister/striker, alongside Salah.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
There has been a rumor Klopp is trying to recruit him.

He's had eyes on him for a while, and during the final game of the season between Tottenham and Liverpool, there's speculation that Klopp whispered to Sonny at the end of the game expressing interest.

We never know. Mane's gone, and they may want another assister/striker, alongside Salah.
I remember you from the 2018 world cup, when you turned up out of nowhere and was adamant that Son was off to United. Turns out that didn't happen...

It's hardly a secret that Klopp would love to have Son at Liverpool. But he is absolutely not going anywhere this summer. Anybody with a semblance of critical thinking could figure that out.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I remember you from the 2018 world cup, when you turned up out of nowhere and was adamant that Son was off to United. Turns out that didn't happen...

It's hardly a secret that Klopp would love to have Son at Liverpool. But he is absolutely not going anywhere this summer. Anybody with a semblance of critical thinking could figure that out.
Yes the only way it would have made sense would have been if,
1) Tottenham missed CL
2) Son only had a year left on his contract and had no desire to re-sign because he wanted a new challenge (a bit like Mané)
3) That LFC made the better sporting project for him and paid him and Tottenham the amounts necessary.

At this moment, none of that is true and unless Son out of nowhere agitate a desire to move or issue a transfer request it is VERY doubtful and pretty much impossible that he will transfer to LFC (or anywhere else).

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

I turned up from somewhere, and I believe anyone can participate in the Soccer thread. Or we can assume I turned "out of nowhere", and when you were first here, you turned "out of nowhere" and started participating here.

Speaking of the matter at hand, when I stated Son would be off to Real Madrid or Liverpool, it's because I read that as a speculation in news articles. That's why I said, "you never know", in the previous thread, stating Sonny might transfer and that technically there's an opportunity for him to move there.

Tottenham has Kane who can give quality passes to him, but it is hardly a place where he can win a championship. Stronger teams like Man. City or Liverpool provide opportunities for him to actually win something like Champions' Cup. Many players like to win championships, so I am assuming he would like to as well.

I'm sorry; I didn't know I had to be a "critical thinker", according to your biased and provocative opinion, to participate in this thread. You must be a star at your workplace or school(whatever you do) with your humble attitude and wise thinking.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I turned up from somewhere, and I believe anyone can participate in the Soccer thread. Or we can assume I turned "out of nowhere", and when you were first here, you turned "out of nowhere" and started participating here.

Speaking of the matter at hand, when I stated Son would be off to Real Madrid or Liverpool, it's because I read that as a speculation in news articles. That's why I said, "you never know", in the previous thread, stating Sonny might transfer and that technically there's an opportunity for him to move there.

Tottenham has Kane who can give quality passes to him, but it is hardly a place where he can win a championship. Stronger teams like Man. City or Liverpool provide opportunities for him to actually win something like Champions' Cup. Many players like to win championships, so I am assuming he would like to as well.

I'm sorry; I didn't know I had to be a "critical thinker", according to your biased and provocative opinion, to participate in this thread. You must be a star at your workplace or school(whatever you do) with your humble attitude and wise thinking.
Just as argumentative as I remember.

I've gone through previously why it doesn't make sense for Son to leave now, but I guess I'll do it again, both from the clubs and Sonny's perspective.

From the clubs perspective it is imperative that he stays, or else Conte would immediately walk out door.

From his own perspective, it doesn't really make sense based on his previous actions. Despite the fact that the club hasn’t qualified for the Champions league these past two seasons, and hired Nuno, he has stuck through it. He even extended his contract after Nuno's hiring. Why would he move now when the club is back in the Champions League under a world class manager?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If you lot want to talk about corruption, here is statistical data for your precious eyes to drool over.

It's undefendable because majority of you lot, like 98% of the posters here have complained heavily about how bad VAR was this season. Arsenal got screwed by a corrupt system with brainless lots in charge of prime decision that directly impacted Arsenal Football Club. Now the organisation missed on the 50 million-ish qualification fee because of these Pejorative Slurs at FA and people will get fired to balance the books. Good job refereeing association, you just fired men and women who all they did was show up on time and work their arse off to make a decent living. They have mouths to feed, babies to take care of, baby formula to buy, and dogs to walk, but you fired them because you couldn't do your damn job and make the correct decision to allow the superior team with proper number of points in the world because your VAR was so corrupt. I am fuming right now brethren, this ain't funny and it isn't Arsenal's fault to fire all these folks. This is Tierney, Atkinson, Dean, Moss, Taylor, and Friend. You're killing the dreams of these people, the families will be torn apart due to financial issues (which is the number one case of domestic disputes). All because you care more about the pockets of the anti-Arsenal gambling politicians on Downing Street instead of the hard working families that commute to North Highbury from probably East London. How are they going to pay for their underground tickets now to help Arsenal when you referees directly fired them from your sheer incompetence to not make the correct decision on VAR. How many Mesut Ozils' does the world need to pay for Gunnarsaurs salary because these corrupt politician refs make the wrong choice when the data is in front of the eyes for fans and officials alike. I am mega pissed, this article bring to light all the shear fraud, falsification, deception, misrepresentation, dishonest, wrongdoing, villainy, bribery, profiteering, extortion that these palm-greasing swindlers have done on the backs of the Arsenal and their wonderful family of coworkers that make the club run behind the scenes. F*** off EPL.

Reactions: AB13

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The overturns that went for Spurs' include Everton's cancelled penalty at Goodison Park, in a game which finished goalless, and a spot kick awarded to Antonio Conte's men at home to Burnley when the score was also 0-0. Added to that, Spurs had a Harry Kane offside goal allowed in what became a 3-2 win at Newcastle. That said, they did have decisions go against them, such as Kane's goal ruled offside in the draw at Southampton.

If I'm going to address the ones mentioned...

I honestly cannot remember the situation at Goodison Park. Will have to try looking it up.

VAR was correct vs both Burnley and Newcastle. Spurs would've lost 4 points themselves otherwise.

Offside goal against Southampton was incredibly inconclusive. I thought the attacker would be favored but clearly not. That's 2 points potentially missed out on.

Edit: I remember the one at Goodison now. Lloris rushes out against Richarlison, barely reaches the ball first before Richarlison trips over him. Richarlison didn't appeal or anything. I think it was right to call it off but just barely.

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal had more decisions go against them than for them this year, but we still controlled our own destiny in the last 8 games of the season and bottled it. You can't lose 3 games in a row to Crystal Palace, Brighton, and Southampton and then retroactively complain about the final table. Even after the Spurs game, which was questionably officiated, Arsenal still controlled their own destiny and lost to Newcastle.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Lloris wiped out Richarlison is the Everton incident, penalty on the field but somehow it was clear and obvious to overturn (spoiler alert: it wasnt and even after watching it a few times, you couldn't tell)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Lloris wiped out Richarlison is the Everton incident, penalty on the field but somehow it was clear and obvious to overturn (spoiler alert: it wasnt and even after watching it a few times, you couldn't tell)
Lloris nudged the ball away before Richarlison trips. Skip to 5:20.

I will say that the ref should have let it play on instead of calling it immediately. But that has nothing to do with VAR.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Better yet, why not just waive the entire round of fixtures for the "big six" and give them all a free three points?
We’ve definitely seen them turn down more reasonable requests than this.

Better yet, why not just waive the entire round of fixtures for the "big six" and give them all a free three points?
We’ve definitely seen them turn down more reasonable requests than this.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So lads, if Newcastle get the players they are rumored to want, could it be enough to challenge the big clubs?

Diaby - Ekitike - Maximin
Paqueta - Bruno - Shelvey
Targett - Lascelles - Botman - Trippier
Dubravka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad