Rumor: 2022-2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: STILL searching for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Speaking of Ghost...the Flyers had to pay a 2nd and a 7th just to dump him and he only had 2 years left at 4.5M AAV.

That's a bit scary...hope Girard is perceived as a better dman in the league.

Reactions: Alienblood

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I’m ok with trading G just for the fact that the cost of the d core needs to be readjusted in order to create cap space for the forward core.

I like G and think he’s tagged on too much. He’s not having a great year but none of the d are. The thought of EJ or Englund getting more ice time in the playoffs terrifies me to the point of wondering if that would be worse than having no 2c trade…. If the d core could remain healthy for the playoffs I would almost rather wait for a G trade in the offseason and just look for depth forward pieces honestly.

Either way it’s going to be a tough go without either of a G level d man or solid 2c. The team needs to find the chemistry of last year when they get the majority of guys back.

Reactions: AvsWraith

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Speaking of Ghost...the Flyers had to pay a 2nd and a 7th just to dump him and he only had 2 years left at 4.5M AAV.

That's a bit scary...hope Girard is perceived as a better dman in the league.

That was definitely a weird scenario caused by the flat cap and the Flyers terrible management. Ghost had fallen out of favor there for a while, and they paid to get rid of him in order to bring in Ryan Ellis and *drum roll* Rasmus Ristolainen. :eek2:

OutIn
D Robert Hagg
D Shayne Gostisbehere
D Phillipe Myers
F Nolan Patrick
2021 1st Round Pick (14th Overall)
2022 2nd Round Pick
2022 7th Round Pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
D Ryan Ellis
D Rasmus Ristolainen

Even with his bad season, I believe Girard still has trade value (though it's obviously decreased). Last off-season teams were so desperate on the back end that we saw a pile of terrible contracts handed out, such as Ben Chiarot ($4.75x4), Erik Gudbranson ($4x4) and Nick Leddy ($4x4).

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
We have two forwards that are a threat to score. How many games between now and the trade deadline do you think we can win that way?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That was definitely a weird scenario caused by the flat cap and the Flyers terrible management. Ghost had fallen out of favor there for a while, and they paid to get rid of him in order to bring in Ryan Ellis and *drum roll* Rasmus Ristolainen. :eek2:

OutIn
D Robert Hagg
D Shayne Gostisbehere
D Phillipe Myers
F Nolan Patrick
2021 1st Round Pick (14th Overall)
2022 2nd Round Pick
2022 7th Round Pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
D Ryan Ellis
D Rasmus Ristolainen

Even with his bad season, I believe Girard still has trade value (though it's obviously decreased). Last off-season teams were so desperate on the back end that we saw a pile of terrible contracts handed out, such as Ben Chiarot ($4.75x4), Erik Gudbranson ($4x4) and Nick Leddy ($4x4).

1. Girard certainly has value. What that value is... that's up in the air. It certainly isn't what it was 2 years ago.
2. Add Manson to that contract list.
3. Don't mistake teams willing to sign UFAs for pure cash as willing to trade substantial value for players already signed for similar amounts.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Seravalli:

1672967809868.png

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Sorry, but I'm bored, how about Dawson Mercer?
Ideally I’d go all in this season with picks and prospects maybe newhook and get Horvat. Then next offseason swap Toews for a guy like Mercer and Bo stays healthy and G returns to form then the Avs are a powerhouse for like 3-5 more years.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Could this be a condition added to our 1st.

2024 1st for Lundell+another minor prospect or pick but our pick would become a 2023 1st round if Florida's pick owned by Montreal jumps spots due to the lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad