Rumor: 2022-2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: STILL searching for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Let's start this new year off on the right foot. Trade 9296 and finally give NewJost the chance to make this his team. 9296 gets traded for forward depth of course. Trade G for something, anything.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Let's start this new year off on the right foot. Trade 9296 and finally give NewJost the chance to make this his team. 9296 gets traded for forward depth of course. Trade G for something, anything.
Are you crazy? Haven't you heard of G's super-secret fancy stats? He should be untouchable. Everything else is fine.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Remains to be seen if G even has any value. I doubt many teams are really looking for a player like that.

5M per season, on pace for 18 points and a -33

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Trade G for Debrincat and I guarantee the two get in a fight at the airport when they see each other. It would be wild.
Proper cat fight. Two wild cats going at it.

Remains to be seen if G even has any value. I doubt many teams are really looking for a player like that.

5M per season, on pace for 18 points and a -33

Right now? There's no point trading him. He will net us nothing. His stock is all time low. It's better to hope he bounces back.. if he doesn't, time for College I mean Arizona.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Man, the G hate is so strong right now. HFAvs always has to have it's whipping boy I guess.

I wouldn't say hate. We just have certain parts of team we see as an expendable. Not that we wouldn't have to replace him.

Currently he is not worth his contract, so that makes the "hate" stronger. Mostly it's logical I think. Every team has few of these players who are not worth their contracts currently.

Same with EJ.. love the guy but I don't like his contract. He is simply not worth it anymore. (Luckily we didn't pay 1st rounder to dump his contract because it would look very bad now).

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Man, the G hate is so strong right now. HFAvs always has to have it's whipping boy I guess.

Criticism of Girard is completely justified.

I think a lot of his supporters got ahead of themselves when G had that really good year before the Vegas series. It was a mirage, we've had enough runway now to know who the real Sam Girard is at this point. A decent middle pairing guy on 27+ NHL teams. Unfortunately for him, when everyone is healthy the Avs are not one of those teams.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Man, another one the Avs really missed out on was Chandler Stephenson. Could have been had for a 5th round pick… he has 10 + 29 in 40 games this year and would fit in great - good skater and I believe he PK’s.
You really have to hand it to Vegas' scouting staff... they can routinely identify guys who are underutilized. Now their top brass, they get a bit trigger happy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Careful what you wish for - the guy that replaces G will certainly be an inferior player.
JE6BeKD.png

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah the trade G stuff is funny. He’s gone and the either EJ or Englund are getting more minutes. And they’re significantly worse than G.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
My biggest worry is that g’s biggest strength isn’t a strength right now, as he currently doesn’t have the same foot speed. We’ve all seen it. Some say he bulked too much and others say it’s an injury thing, but either way. He’s been really bad. Sell now is sell low.

If you wanna trade him, need Manson and byram back in the lineup and he needs to get a little closer to being the skater he had been.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Girard will only get traded if
a) It is a bigger deal with multiple pieces, one of which replaces Girard
b) there is another deal at the same time involving a trade for a defenceman

I mean it is quite obvious we cannot trade him by himself, as even with everyone healthy we would be running the risk of playing either one of the 2 McDs or Hunt/Englund. + EJ of course.
And that is not good enough

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My squabble on trading G, is that it locks you into Toews and Byram as your LD. Which if Toews returns to form, you're looking at 7.5-8.5m on an over 30 defensemen. Byram is well Byram... there's very good and very bad with that. If he eventually gets healthy, he's costing 7+ as well. So best case, you're paying ~24m on 3 defensemen and hopefully Toews doesn't regress. If he doesn't, then the best defensive core in the NHL is suddenly very mid pack.

Reactions: The Moops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad