Rumor: 2022-2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: STILL searching for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I’m still saying cap shenanigans will lead to Kane and Toews and their temporary resurgence will boost the Avs to the cup
I don't think either of those dudes leave Chicago. Both have been dragging their feet about being traded since last offseason. Toews is always "sick", and Kane basically only wanted to go to teams near his home.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I said before the season started. G, JTC and a 1st for Kane and Toews (50% retained). Grab a vet dman at the deadline.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Domi is everything the Avs love in a Center not named MacKinnon. He's under 6 ft. tall, generally can't stay healthy, and isn't exceptional in any facet of the game.

Domi f***en sucks!

Corporate asked me to pick out the differences between these two posts…but I’m pretty sure they are the same

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I think it’s a fine deal value wise, but the Leafs just keep trying to load up their offense while ignoring the back end and goaltending.
Offense has what let the Leafs down in recent playoffs when despite all their talent upfront they still had trouble scoring when they needed it the most. If playoff ROR can show up healthy and be as good as he's been in the past, it might be enough to push them over the top for at least one playoff round win if not more.

Maybe the Leafs could also make a trade to improve their defense, but that means someone decent would have to sit in Sandin or Timmins or both unless Holl gets moved. As for goaltending its been pretty good this year and I can't see them making another move there after making two in the offseason to improve that area which they have. What a bullet dodged by the Leafs in avoiding re-signing Campbell at the price he was asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino